CGD Question

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I can easily borrow or rent a floor machine from my local Hillyard dealer for now, but I'm going to be prepared next time.

Mikey P

Administrator
Is owning a Vario or Cimex and a 175 redundant or is both preferred?

Some (many) commercial carpets are so impacted with embedded soil, actually down to the bottom of the backing if not deeper, that excessive flushing will only cause more to wick up.

Polymer shampoos are the answer.
I prefer to use the Cimex first, followed by a 175 to mop up the slop the Mex broke loose

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
A 175 rotary machine is a decent starter machine. If you can find one with a solution tank attached you'll be much better off for doing encap work. A BrushEncap, Vario, or Cimex are more specialized tools for encap cleaning. Comparing a rotary to a Cimex or a Vario would be like comparing a bicycle to a car - both are modes of transportation, but they differ in speed and load capacity. A rotary will certainly get the job done, but a Cimex or a Vario will kick up your productivity several notches. A good dual speed rotary (with a tank) can also be a contender for commercial work, if you happen to find a deal on one.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Good microfiber bonnets can also go a long way to recover soil on a CGD carpet.

Sorry, the person who shot this with their iPhone had the camera oriented the wrong way. But this short video still demonstrates the amount of soil that got captured using Releasit and a MicroBeast bonnet cleaning a medium soiled carpet.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Will either of the suppliers you use have rental , or let you use on trial basis.
Or do you know any other cleaners who would be willing to lend you a machine?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jimmy sold that POS orbitec to Dirk awhile back.
Jimmy now uses a 17inch buffer two speed.

BITCHES!

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
)I would like feedback on the linked machine. (give it a couple of seconds to load)

http://www.hillyard.com/_catalogs/m...ctDetail/grid/wwsa/WIN98412310/PD~WIN98412310

The machine you're looking at is the HOS Orbot (now sold as the Windsor Taz). We used to sell HOS Orbots when they were selling in the under $3k price range. But ever since HOS partnered with Windsor the price has gone stratospheric to $4500 or more. In fact the new high prices for orbital machines is part of what led us to develop a smooth wheels on the ground orbital scrubber that could sell for a couple grand less (aka Vario2). But if the cost is not a concern, the Taz is a very nice machine.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
The machine you're looking at is the HOS Orbot (now sold as the Windsor Taz). We used to sell HOS Orbots when they were selling in the under $3k price range. But ever since HOS partnered with Windsor the price has gone stratospheric to $4500 or more. In fact the new high prices for orbital machines is part of what led us to develop a smooth wheels on the ground orbital scrubber that could sell for a couple grand less (aka Vario2). But if the cost is not a concern, the Taz is a very nice machine.
New is $4200.. They also have a demo in stock for $3600.. The question I have is: will this machine serve as a floor machine and an Encapping machine?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
New is $4200.. They also have a demo in stock for $3600.. The question I have is: will this machine serve as a floor machine and an Encapping machine?

Their price is well below Windsor's MSRP. Yes, it can be used for carpet cleaning and hard surface cleaning.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Rethink an orbital. Having owned one I found it too slow for commercial. The 175/300 rotary can be fast.
And for 1/4 the cost.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
Their price is well below Windsor's MSRP. Yes, it can be used for carpet cleaning and hard surface cleaning.
Here's where I'm at right now:

I can purchase the Windsor from Hillyard (that's where the guy that works on my TM is employed); or I can see if Jon Don wants to make me a kick-ass deal on the purchase of both the floor machine and the Cimex; or, I can purchase a floor machine from Hillyard or Jon Don tomorrow to get me by this situation and throw you the business on the Cimex for being the professional/nice-guy you've been for helping me out so much.

What to do!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Here's where I'm at right now:

I can purchase the Windsor from Hillyard (that's where the guy that works on my TM is employed); or I can see if Jon Don wants to make me a kick-ass deal on the purchase of both the floor machine and the Cimex; or, I can purchase a floor machine from Hillyard or Jon Don tomorrow to get me by this situation and throw you the business on the Cimex for being the professional/nice-guy you've been for helping me out so much.

What to do!
Get the Cimex from Rick if for no other reason simply because you can upgrade to a big wheel kit. It's worth it!

It just seems to glide when cleaning and is a world of difference transporting with the big wheels vs the standard

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
No tank on my 175/300 I built a 100 psi 5 gallon battery sprayer I just hose out about 200 sq ft and zoom over.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep, big wheel Cimex from Rick

Two speed swing machine from whoever

I prefer the 8" brown pads that Encap Store sells. Get lots of OP/ Cotton pads for the floor/swing machine

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I purchased a Cimex from Jon Don. I also purchased the large wheels and some other goodies from Excellent supply. I'm waiting on the floor machine until see how this all works out.

Thank you to everyone for all the input and advice. I'll be getting my first sxperience with the Cimex tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom