Challenging week already

steve_64

Monday morning the 2002 wouldn't start. Had to set up the butler and get a job done. Today lost 2 employees and the 3rd is waiting on a position to open somewhere else. Lost 2 section 8 complexes no big deal turned down another a few weeks ago.

This afternoon looked at and bid another weekly custodial from the manager at the dealership who quit and went somewhere else. Bidding a township building tomorrow for custodial.

Might have Gennys sons wife start working some evenings.

Van still not running.

Been a crazy couple days.

Name
Evets
Hmm. Should my business be trying to pick up section 8 apartment complexes?
That never even occurred to me.
Not throwing rocks, but...

hogjowl

Idiot™
I had one of Bawbs old customers call me to clean 1 BR in her apartment the other day. Our minimum charge is $120, but I told Brady to charge whatever he felt good about charging her. He charged her $80, and she still got pissed.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I had one of Bawbs old customers call me to clean 1 BR in her apartment the other day. Our minimum charge is $120, but I told Brady to charge whatever he felt good about charging her. He charged her $80, and she still got pissed.
Similar job yesterday, I told him on ph I had $140 min for the 1st 2 areas then extra rooms are additional.
Get there and he said he got quoted $140 for his whole house.. ahh no, I quoted you but we dont have to keep the appointment and you can call someone else?
$180 for 3 areas and he was impressed enough with job to shout me couple of beers

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I had my exterminator come to my house to provide their service and he charged me $120 just to walk around and spray for 5minutes.

After seeing that invoice, that reminded me to never go down on my minimum price.

steve_64

We don't turn away too much work normally. We decided to ditch the shit holes for move out cleaning. I still clean the carpets for everyone. I don't mind as long as they have them ready for me.
I'm glad we lost the two employees. Genny griped about them a lot so my ears will feel better. Just more work for me now but at least I'm with genny.
I didn't mess with the WM yet maybe this weekend. Took the butler to Chip an hour and a half away to get it working better. That was painful in the check book.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Well that sucks. Except losing the section 8 jobs. You should rejoice in that. You’re now free to go after better slums.

all the sec 8s we did paid well .
They're no different than any other prop management outfit .
be it apts or empty houses .
some will pay what it's worth, some won't

as far as "trashed", been my experience that student rentals (we did a chit-ton of those every August) are more trashed than sec 8s

and not to knock your bread 'n butter, but I personally preferred adding a "salvage/restoration" line item charge and break out the rotary for trashed than deal with urine cesspools (which we started declining early on )

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

I doubt it.
They will call in the spring again and yes they will beg us to bail them out for inspections. Been through it a few years now. The maintenance staff can't keep up during the move out season.Except next year we will probably say no.

steve_64

Sounds like a normal day for me. If you don't have problems you don't have a business. just roll with the punches.
I like to run a smooth operation. Keep it simple.
But breakdowns have been more common lately. Getting things straightened out again.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like to run a smooth operation. Keep it simple.
But breakdowns have been more common lately. Getting things straightened out again.
You seem to be doing well Steve. Maybe time for a new butler system. Those regular payments can be a bear at times but you know it's coming. Continuosly repairing an old vehicle can cost even more and you still have an old vehicle in the end.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom