Challenging week already

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My minimum is 75.00 . I must be a loser.
You said it. Either a loser or bait and switch. I mean seriously, unless you do some upselling, you're probably losing money. I lose a few jobs a day because they don't like my price. I could probably hire a guy and send him out to do $75 jobs and hope some turn into a little more but at $75, if that's all you get, even 5-6 jobs a day would barely pay the bill. At $150 for a minimum job, I get better clientele, small jobs that are profitable and if I manage to sell extra work or something, it's at a good profit. Less work, more money.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
You said it. Either a loser or bait and switch. I mean seriously, unless you do some upselling, you're probably losing money. I lose a few jobs a day because they don't like my price. I could probably hire a guy and send him out to do $75 jobs and hope some turn into a little more but at $75, if that's all you get, even 5-6 jobs a day would barely pay the bill. At $150 for a minimum job, I get better clientele, small jobs that are profitable and if I manage to sell extra work or something, it's at a good profit. Less work, more money.
You obviously don't know who you're f*cking talking about. I don't have time to run out for a 150.00 min. charge hoping to get a few more rooms. My minimum gets a stain removed in less than a half hour. Usually the idiots bragging about high minimums are sitting at home scratching their nuts half their day. I generally work full days from April til Christmas even though I don't have to.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You obviously don't know who you're f*cking talking about. I don't have time to run out for a 150.00 min. charge hoping to get a few more rooms. My minimum gets a stain removed in less than a half hour. Usually the idiots bragging about high minimums are sitting at home scratching their nuts half their day. I generally work full days from April til Christmas even though I don't have to.
That doesn't make any sense. If you're good at what you do, charge for it. Somebody calls me for a stain, it's $150. Somebody calls me for 1 or 2 rooms, it's $150. I can do 2 rooms in a condo in half an hour to 45 minutes. Those aren't the jobs I'm searching for but when they come my way, the pays not bad. I must be doing something right, I have several property managers who have been using me for 20-30 years for empty units. They are aware that I'm not the cheapest but they use me because I get the job done right the first time. Everybody has a different business model, if yours works for you, then who am I to say you're wrong? If you're making money at the end of the day, then more power to you. I'm usually pretty busy all year around.

steve_64

You seem to be doing well Steve. Maybe time for a new butler system. Those regular payments can be a bear at times but you know it's coming. Continuosly repairing an old vehicle can cost even more and you still have an old vehicle in the end.
Thanks Ron. We have been talking about a new machine but Genny wants a new kitchen first. We have been canning and putting up things for winter and we need more space so a remodel in is in the works. Sunday night the freezer didn't get shut properly and had a scare with it not running right and food thawing the next morning too.

Also need a shop here at home so we have some big expenses coming up.

The WM got a new cap and rotor at no cost. It was recently replaced so it was warranted just had to pull it to the shop. But it is on its last leg. Hate to see it go. Was hoping to get my ship built first so I have somewhere to strip out the machine and not have to worry about moving it all again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

steve_64

What’s wrong with the used Motor City Butler you bought?

..L.T.A.
Had to put in a new pump head. Some debris got in and did some damage. Got things running pretty good now but it's back in Gennys hands again but no more employees touching it. Had someone crank up the pressure all the way.

Not thrilled with the vac hose set up but it will work until I get it back. Want to swap the 210 waste tank for a 100 gallon.

steve_64

all the sec 8s we did paid well .
They're no different than any other prop management outfit .
be it apts or empty houses .
some will pay what it's worth, some won't

as far as "trashed", been my experience that student rentals (we did a chit-ton of those every August) are more trashed than sec 8s

and not to knock your bread 'n butter, but I personally preferred adding a "salvage/restoration" line item charge and break out the rotary for trashed than deal with urine cesspools (which we started declining early on )

..L.T.A.
What we like most is the weekly hallway cleanings. Steady work and good pay. It's the cream of apartment cleaning.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
What we like most is the weekly hallway cleanings. Steady work and good pay. It's the cream of apartment cleaning.
You make it sound so good. I might have to consider getting back into apartment cleaning(not). Cuz I don't ever remember it being all that good. Apartments have a tendency of f-ing up your schedule, unless of course thats all you do. Mid to High end residential is the place to be.

steve_64

We are in the $100 an HR range on our hallways some $150.
Our income takes a dip in winter but we have a base income with hallways custodial and new construction. Some pizza huts and Bob Evans for carpets on a schedule.
If you just focus on residential you better hope a Democrat doesn't get elected.

I'm not to proud to work the hood or clean toilets as long as the pay is right.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We are in the $100 an HR range on our hallways some $150.
Our income takes a dip in winter but we have a base income with hallways custodial and new construction. Some pizza huts and Bob Evans for carpets on a schedule.
If you just focus on residential you better hope a Democrat doesn't get elected.

I'm not to proud to work the hood or clean toilets as long as the pay is right.
We all want the big bucks but as a local carpet cleaner told me recently, " don't be too proud to pick up the nickels and dimes. Ya gotta do watcha gotta do.

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

weekly vac 'n dust stuff?
were you into jansan much before you hooked up with your better half?

..L.T.A.
When I turned 16 I had a part time job at one of the local grade schools waiting for me. Not sure who pulled strings for me but I always thought it was my Jr high principal. Probably saw my potential lol.

Had that job until I went in the army. Got out and ended up at a school in the West burbs of Chicago called pallisades. Same boss.

About 5 years later and a few other jobs I ended up with my own school for a short time.

Yes weekly vac dust spot clean walls and glass. Easy money that Genny can do herself if my heart fails before we get to retirement.

I had got a job for my mom at a small Dr. Office after my dad died. I would go help her with the garbage and stuff. She eventually gave it up but I just cleaned carpets at a home for that Dr this week.

I've had people asking for custodial work since I started cleaning carpet here 14 years ago.

Last edited:

steve_64

For some reason, I’ve never much worried about the economic predictions I read here.
You live in Alabama.

We are a large manufacturing community here that rises and falls with the economy. I've never seen this much work here since the 70s before I was here. Manufacturing left the area and it's still recovering.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom