Changing oil roots 47

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Use Roots brand oil if you can find it. Aeon is popular, but I've found it to be foamy in my 47DSL. Just got some Super Lube to try.

Roots says not to use Mobile SHS due to sludge and seal leakage problems.

Reactions: icleancarpetz

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Use Roots brand oil if you can find it. Aeon is popular, but I've found it to be foamy in my 47DSL. Just got some Super Lube to try.

Roots says not to use Mobile SHS due to sludge and seal leakage problems.
high heat oil?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
1668986846349.png

..L.T.A.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
use whatever exotic juice with UUE* you want.
It ain't rocket science ....it's just gears...any gear lube suitable for manual transmissions or diffs is more than fine

*unicorn urine enhanced additives notwithstanding

..L.T.A.

I disagree. The DSL in Roots DSL blowers stands for dual SPLASH lubrication. Oils other than Roots brand that I've tried are foamy. The slinger doesn't throw foam well, resulting in insufficient lubrication.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I disagree. The DSL in Roots DSL blowers stands for dual SPLASH lubrication. Oils other than Roots brand that I've tried are foamy. The slinger doesn't throw foam well, resulting in insufficient lubrication.

I don't know of any gear oil that has detergent additives in it
(my understanding, that's where foam in oil comes from)

..L.T.A.

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
Im not convinced you people know what you're talking about, for a blower to create foam that stops lubrication is highly unlikely perhaps maybe what you're experiencing and incorrectly diagnosing as foaming is normal aeration of the oil ,to see what im talking about go to YouTube and search BANKS CLEAR DIFFERENTIAL COVER you'll see what gear oil does and looks like in a normal working conditions , perhaps this will clear things up for you

Reactions: Mike J and Mikey P

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Been doing a lot of research on DSL blower oil the past couple weeks. Foam is normal. The foam will lubricate if the oil is sling application rated. Three such oils are Roots, Aeon, and Amsoil Severe Gear SAE 250 (not the SAE 75W-90).

Amsoil Severe Gear 250 is available from any Amsoil distributor for half the price of Aeon. I'm told other similar oils are available from hot rod shops.

I changed out to Amsoil this evening. I'll let yall know how it works.

Last edited:
Name
Swani
Been doing a lot of research on DSL blower oil the past couple weeks. Foam is normal. The foam will lubricate if the oil is sling application rated. Three such oils are Roots, Aeon, and Amsoil Severe Gear SAE 250 (not the SAE 75W-90).

Amsoil Severe Gear 250 is available from any Amsoil distributor for half the price of Aeon. I'm told other similar oils are available from hot rod shops.

I changed out to Amsoil this evening. I'll let yall know how it works.
Amsoil is great stuff. I recently applied to be a distributor. All my personal and company vehicles will be switched over.

Reactions: Johnny

Dwain Ray

On Vacation
Name
Dwain Ray
When i said same oil differant label, what i was saying is yes you can mix the 2 together like mobil 1 and mobil 1 high mileage, there is a difference in the 2 areon oils and most has to do with extreme operating conditions ie: ambient and blower discharge temperatures , if the 2 were setting on a shelf side by side i would buy the pd-xd but if i had an open bottle of pd i wouldn't throw it away

Screenshot_20221227-121626_Drive.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom