Chem-dry

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Why Chem-Dry?
Not steam cleaning! We are much better, Dry in less than 2 hours, using the best equiptment which holds the gold seal in cleaning. We are proud to say that the normal steam cleaning methods are a thing of the past, much healthier for the environment, your homes, and family.
This process extracts the carpets with a truckmounted system and does not leave squishy wet carpets. We offer a 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee incase of reappearing spots. We stand behind our work.

Chem-Dry is the world's leader for carpet and upholstery cleaning services, cleaning an estimated one billion square feet of carpet each year! What makes Chem-Dry the world's favorite carpet and upholstery cleaning service is our patented hot water extraction with the power of carbonation, exceptional customer service, and our ongoing research in cleaning technology.
By using Chem-Dry, you will have a drier, cleaner, and healthier home.
Carpet manufacturers require routine professional carpet cleaning to maintain warranty compliance.
Compare the Difference

Chem-Dry's patented Carbonating Cleaner is applied using a low pressure applicator that applies millions of microscopic carbonated bubbles into your carpet, then with the power of carbonation lifting the dirt and grime to the surface to be extracted and swept away forever. This process leaves your carpet in a drier and cleaner state, more than steam cleaning accomplishes.
Unlike the Chem-Dry process, steam cleaning frequently uses high pressure that forces water down through the carpet backing straight to the pad. This leads to buckets of water that can be left behind trapping soapy, dirt-attracting residue deeply imbedded in your carpet, creating the risk of reappearing spots and a potential breeding ground for mold and bacteria.

Chem-Dry Carbonation VS. Steam Cleaning

Chem-Dry (Hot Carbonation) Steam Cleaning (Hot Water Extraction)
Chem-Dry's System Steam Cleaning

(Chem-Dry) Carbonating, active cleaning solution
(Steam Cleaning) Flat, inactive cleaning solution

(Chem-Dry) Neutral pH cleaning solution
(Steam Cleaning) High pH cleaning solution

(Chem-Dry) Safe, non-toxic
(Steam Cleaning) Chemicals, surfactants, soaps

(Chem-Dry) Resists resoiling
(Steam Cleaning) Encourages resoiling

(Chem-Dry) Low water quantiy
(Steam Cleaning) High water quantity

(Chem-Dry) Low pressure application
(Steam Cleaning) High pressure application

(Chem-Dry) Short drying time
(Steam Cleaning) Long drying times = wet carpets and socks

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Most of the Chem-dry franchises are doing HWE nowadays. They use rotaries and post pad for fast dry times. I wonder if the carbonation thing really helps clean and dry carpets at all or if it’s just a marketing tactic to distinguish them from the rest of the industry.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
ACE said:
Most of the Chem-dry franchises are doing HWE nowadays. They use rotaries and post pad for fast dry times. I wonder if the carbonation thing really helps clean and dry carpets at all or if it’s just a marketing tactic to distinguish them from the rest of the industry.

USP is what it's all about.

I'm not saying it does or doesn't clean better, but perception and USp is what they are masters at and why they are where they are.

John

Mike Draper

royalkid wrote:

That's funny Mr. DILL....our CTS-450 is made by hydramaster...and so is our powerhead (RX-20)....keep pushing that mop and out cleaning the worlds largest cc company...fookin' twizotch ;)

As if I didn't know you pos underpowered tm was a hydramaster! Your RX-20 is a pos to. I have watched them clean many times and on a weekly basis clean up after them. You chemdry hacks keep saying you are the largest, doesn't mean shit. The main reason they are large is because of the inexpensive start up cost in comparison to other cleaning methods when Chemwho first was invented. Hello, Harris lives in my valley and his relative runs a chemdry here. I'll give you some credit though, it was a good cleaning system 25 years ago, but technology has changes and that's why you guys were basically forced by the carpet mills to change your shitty cleaning method to something just above shitty...Pathetic. Of course this is all my opinion, and the opinion of all my customers who end up using me after they wasted their money on you. Keep up your shitty work, it's making us real cleaners money! :wink:

Mike Draper

I'm also willing to put my money where my mouth is. I would pay good money to have a cleaning competition between chem-dry and i , we would see who gets it cleaner, leaves the carpet neutral, and who's system dries faster. and yes, I can do it without removing the fiber protection. I would love to make a video of this, cause I would win. Of course this would never happen because then the gig would be up about you guys!

Name
I'm Rick James
ACE said:

Very true. I was at HM a couple of years ago and was given a tour and they were working on CD truckmounts. Wow Barbie, you sure got it in for CD.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I live in a town of about 40k. I have been told several times I have out cleaned the chem lie people. I think this is what is going on with chem lie at least in my town. sometimes the general public thinks the most heavily marketed cleaning business is the best one. Lets see the chem lie punks magical bubbles get a rental property clean that used to be inhabeted by a 15 member crew of mexican roofers or a dirty pizza hut restraunt. I have did both with a portable . I also challenge the chem lie people to the best all around service . any type of carpet or fiber .

Mike Draper

Brent said:
ACE said:

Very true. I was at HM a couple of years ago and was given a tour and they were working on CD truckmounts. Wow Barbie, you sure got it in for CD.

Thanks, Michael Moron. :wink:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Chem dry is where they are because of marketing and image.

They are just steam cleaners now and I would bet they leave more residue behind than a typical "flat" cleaning solution.

But you have to hand it to them...it's what makes them different and they stand out.

Now if they just weren't so full of shit, it might be a good business....now.

I just can't believe they are slamming the very process they are using.

Do people fall for that crap?
Not if I have something to say about it.

Fletch

Matt Murdock said:
Why Chem-Dry?
Not steam cleaning! We are much better, Dry in less than 2 hours, using the best equiptment which holds the gold seal in cleaning. We are proud to say that the normal steam cleaning methods are a thing of the past, much healthier for the environment, your homes, and family.

Just ask John Travolta! It certainly wasn't HWE that killed his son! :shock:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Chem dry is where they are today because of scare tactics........

they market to the naive people that HWE leaves the carpet wet for days and creates mold.....

If they did honest marketing they would be at the bottom of the food chain and fighting for there jobs

But...IMO we owe Chem dry a big thanks.... because of the bottom dwelling marketing it has forced the HWE to concentrate more on water removal and we now can get an hour to an hour and a half dry time..My equipment holds the gold seal ( like that means anything ) and I get better dry times and no re soiling using way more water and pressure....

Not a month goes by that I don't get a call to go and redo a chem dry job because of all the crap they left in the carpet and it re soiled with in a few days.......

Chem dry does have its place in this industry.....it is standing next to the low balers and the bait and switch guys that keep giving us more business.........

Mike Draper

I just won over another chem-lie customer. She owns a carpet store here in town. She couldnlt understand why after 10 years of chem-lie trying to clean her carpets, I have gotten them mcuh cleaner than they ever did, and they were much drier when we left in comparison to chem-lie. I basically told here its simple, we actually clean the carpet and they only try to clean carpet. She was on the phone calling her friends before we could even leave.

FloorPizza

Name
Brandt
Mike Draper said:
royalkid wrote:

That's funny Mr. DILL....our CTS-450 is made by hydramaster...and so is our powerhead (RX-20)....keep pushing that mop and out cleaning the worlds largest cc company...fookin' twizotch ;)

As if I didn't know you pos underpowered tm was a hydramaster! Your RX-20 is a pos to. I have watched them clean many times and on a weekly basis clean up after them. You chemdry hacks keep saying you are the largest, doesn't mean shit. The main reason they are large is because of the inexpensive start up cost in comparison to other cleaning methods when Chemwho first was invented. Hello, Harris lives in my valley and his relative runs a chemdry here. I'll give you some credit though, it was a good cleaning system 25 years ago, but technology has changes and that's why you guys were basically forced by the carpet mills to change your shitty cleaning method to something just above shitty...Pathetic. Of course this is all my opinion, and the opinion of all my customers who end up using me after they wasted their money on you. Keep up your shitty work, it's making us real cleaners money! :wink:

I'm not just saying ths cause Mike Draper is a fellow Utahn, but more from my actual experience using ChemDry to (begin air quotes) clean (end air quotes) my carpet. Long story, short version: Wife and I move into a house that was used as a Model by the developer for just over two years. They used no carpet protection (either wear or dirt) during the entire two years that people passed through it. Needless to say, we had it written into the Purcahse Agreement that the seller would have the carpets professionally cleaned. ChemDry showed up 1.5 weeks late, so we had to move into the house before they "cleaned" the carpets. It took one guy just over an hour to "clean" almost 3k sq ft of carpet. After he left, I got out my Hoover home upright extractor, and proceeded to extract thick black liquid from *all* of our "clean" carpet. ChemDry is all about appearance; they clean like the top ten percent of the nap, then groom/rake it to where it *looks* very nice, but under that freshly groomed nap lurks all things nasty. I wouldn't let ChemDray clean a dog kennel.

It's official. Anyone associated with a Chem-Hack should be permanently banned from this baord. I am so sick of the "our cleaning doesn't cause mold, leave your carpet wet for days, cause musty odors" advertising. I guess people actually believe this crap after calling Lord Stanley and their carpets are wet for 2 days. The only thing that makes SS professional is they all wear the same color shirts. What kind of grown man actually works for 8 dollars an hours plus a small commission. A person who could care less how good the carpet turns out. All they care about is their commission. I just got an ad in the Red Plum or Val Pak rip-off. Chem dry is now the premier green cleaner. Like I said in an earlier post, "green cleaning is so overdone," and anyone who uses it as thier primary marketing message should either change to an effective educational marketing system or be lost in the horde of so called green cleaners. Before too long, the customer is going to think green cleaning is a waste of time and money after calling a hack and getting a shoddy job.

One more thing. I think every decent hwe carpet cleaner should use a universal link explaining to the customer what an RX-20 or similar machine is and how Chem-Hack's portables compare to a truck-mounted system. It should also detail their bonnet clean method, and point out all of the lies and misleading advertising they do. I may pay to have a webpage designed and give everyone the link to upload to their site. Eventually if enough carpet cleaners used the link to educate the customer with actual facts, then people would learn the truth about chem-hack.

This is one way chem-dry rips off customers. They take a black light in and shine it all over the carpet pointing out spots that could be anything and are almost never urine. Half of the people don't even own dogs. They then tell the customer they have to apply a special solution and use a different method. This is a huge con and the only way they can make a decent buck. Either join them or abolish them.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I like that royalkid guy... Seems to have a good sense of humor. :? He didn't say he was using the 360 powerhead... That would make him a real HACK! :lol:

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
ahhh...back to the CD bashing...lol...too funny. I've only been a part of this topic for the last 7 years...gets old. Let's point somethings out for the slow folks (mike...that's you bra).

1. Chem-Dry (as a couple pointed out)...used good (o.k. great) marketing. Pointed out the negatives of other systems (yes, i agree...in the most severe cases...but still true)...some hacks leave carpets wet for 1-2 (hell, even 3 days)....some use way too much pressure without good extraction power and some strong chems (fact).

2. I didn't pushed the old (spray/buff) method as being better than HWE, I think it has its place (post bonnet and commercial carpet)...but was a fookin' joke competing with a decent HWE operators (fact).

3. The newer system (CTS-450) w/ powerhead (o.k., RX-20) is great....does what it promises...carbonation injected, rotary extraction...1-2 hour dry times, and safe/non-toxic....do i wish they made the machine with an adjustable psi....helltotheyeah!! 120 psi sucks!! I can get carpets clean with it, but it does take much longer, and it sux having to hook up a water otter when cleaning t/g to get high pressure. The biggest downside of that machine is PSI. Someone above said a CD guy cleaned 3,000 sq ft in one hour...not with the TM...bonnet maybe (and that's still too fast)...but the TM could never produce at that rate. Oh yeah, and who the hell allows a cc co. to show up 1.5 weeks late, dumbass!?! (fact)

4. I know there are CD hacks out there....don't think they're (HRI) gonna turn someone down for a franchise who has the $$$...could be a goof-ball with not one day of cleaning experience...welcome to the family Mr. Hackatosish. Nothing I can do about those folks...but the CD's I've been a part of were the best (literally)...in the top 5% of ALL CD's. There's a reason for that...good, qualified techs gaining/keeping customers.(fact)

o.k., just a few statements about CD...the company is NOT going anywhere...get used to it. Just give your custy's exceptional service and don't let them call me, and don't think CD didn't/doesn't spend big bucks getting in the door...but staying (repeats) in their homes doesn't come from marketing, it comes from quality.(big fact)

Hey Mike, Do you like Bubbles? Well, how ya like them bubbles?

It's NOT your fault!!

Rob Rocha

I feel there are great, good and bad cleaners using both methods, I'm sure the guys on this board are in the great category. I have been using low moisture pad method for more than 20 years I have'n't had a call back in yeeeears. I use cotton pads mostly which absorb so much quicker than synthetic, change them often, move slowly with the 175. With even the nastiest pathways pull those fibers apart and look and the bottom 3/4ths of the fiber and look and how they are brand new still, because the surrounding fibers protect it. WHY soak the parts of the fiber that are brand new still?

Papa

How many of you guys do this buffing business with all your cleanings? This seems like more work and even worse overkill!

Papa

I don't know, maybe on Olefin? Can you do all this and still make the $100 per hour?

Papa said:
How many of you guys do this buffing business with all your cleanings? This seems like more work and even worse overkill!

If by "buffing business" you mean agitation....you really ought to try it sometime...really helps in cleaning a carpet... :wink:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Royalkid wrote

but staying (repeats) in their homes doesn't come from marketing, it comes from quality.(big fact)

Repeats came form the tech being able to speak really well to the customer and convince them it was a good job.

Anyone have any experience with a TM Chem-Dry?
I've seen one at the supply store but neve in action.

There equipment was always so crappy that when I went to the ninja I though it was the best thing on earth. Yes, I was brain washed for a long while.

"power head" Crock.

"Veld" worst peice of shit on earth

Would their TM's be any different? Who makes them? Does Chem-Dry actually manufacture the TMs?

I feel sorry for the fucktards buying these franchises.

Mike Draper

like I said before, I and any other cleaner that knows what he is doing can and will outlclean and out dry even the best chem-lie tech with their underpowered rx-20 (with powerhead) and extremely underpowered tm any day of the week. It's still a pos no matter how good your marketing is.

Mike Draper

harris sold out to Home depot about 10 or so years ago. I've talked with him about 5-6 times. He is almost as cocky as Royal Douche.

G

Chem Dry is a great additive to HWE; but without HWE it is just Green Encrapping!!

Back
Top Bottom