chemical and lots of vacuum is the way to go!!!

K

kyle albero

With high heat you burn all your hoses up and create a dangerous workplace for everyone. I run all my trucks at 180 at the truckmount. I was a high heat guy before I got 3rd degree burns on my foot from a hose breaking that was less than 4 months old! Who else has been burned? I was lucky it was my foot and not my face. Or someone else. I can tell you 260 degrees on the foot can take 5 months to heal. It has been two years and I still have pain in my foot. If you play with fire you are going to get burned. It is just a matter of time. It took me 10 years to get my first one. What about you?

TimP

We just had this discusion although not with burns.

Run parflex 230 or less and you'll be fine. If it starts to fail it will just drip since it's a thermoplastic hose. The peace of mind and insurance factor is well worth the price of the hose. Not only that it will insulate better and not be as hot to the touch on the outside of the hose. And keeps the heat on the inside for the carpet. I suggest a 100ft lead.

180 degrees in my opinion isn't quite enough. Although I agree 260 and above is not safe. I think I wouldn't want more than 250 and only for long hose runs.

TimP

I had one burn on my arm from a QC for a few weeks last year. They are good for teaching you not to touch quick connects. But no huge burns from 260 heat since mine will only hit 250 at a spike and maintains 220-230.

topnotchman

The brass pressure adjustment on my CDS burned the hell out of my hand. I was cranking the pressure up to do tile and it was getting harder to turn, and next thing I know I looked at my hand and burned lots of layers of skin off my hand, that sucked. the machine was running for over an hour doing carpets, so it was plenty hot. Now I keep the crescent wrench on the truck at all times to turn that adjustment up!

Btw, I ran my old 4.0 CDS with 190-195F at the truckmount, it wouldn't go any higher no "salsa" back then, and my work was fine. Sure it was a little slower, and had to make an extra pass on the dirty stuff, but it did the job. Did I do nasty greasy restaurants? no. Would I want to with just 190f at the truck? NOPE!
:mrgreen:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
kyle albero said:
With high heat you burn all your hoses up and create a dangerous workplace for everyone. I run all my trucks at 180 at the truckmount. I was a high heat guy before I got 3rd degree burns on my foot from a hose breaking that was less than 4 months old! Who else has been burned? I was lucky it was my foot and not my face. Or someone else. I can tell you 260 degrees on the foot can take 5 months to heal. It has been two years and I still have pain in my foot. If you play with fire you are going to get burned. It is just a matter of time. It took me 10 years to get my first one. What about you?

I'll bet it was Badyear Ineptune or some other steel braid junk, huh?

I'll ASSume you "used" to run 260 day in and day out?

why?
Those temps generally aren't needed for the average Joe

My TM does make that and more though.
Been running a fire breather for over 13 years.

Truth is, we've never run screaming heat day and day out.
Generally in the 200-230 range.
about 10% in the 250+ range

so I guess i agree with you "somewhat"
Though there is quite a bit of difference in cleaning efficacy going from 200 to 240, regardless of chems used or amount

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Checked inventory, little over 5000 ft, of the BLUE jacket stuff...that is the stuff that says Chem-Who? KMA and for some reason it IS more flexible than it's School buss yellow orange cousin that most carry.

It ain't the cheapest hose, but if you want 125' custom length, you can get it, as it's crimped to order, comes with stiff metal spring bend restrictors with a "coolwrap" spiral arounf the spring, that way the hose doesn't Fold Over and kink and cause Premature failures.

951-218-9177 is my cell.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
holy hell you put your cell??? got an ulimited plan :lol: :lol: :lol:

its also called PAYING ATTENTION TO YOUR SHIT!!!!!!

granted accidents happen and cant always be prevented...but really...not running it that high all day helps..check your hoses regularly....keep the newest INSIDE the house and the oldest by the machine...(have had like 5 breaks...only 1 was by the wand)

when i become rich like mikey, my next hose will be paraflex

Mike Draper

I'm still running western family garden hose hooked up to the kitchen sink. Someday I'll get a portable to suck it up with, until then I'll just use my $49.00 shop vac. :roll:

Mikey P

Administrator
If Greenie had half a brain he would list what he has for sale in Jimbo's Magical Garage Sale Room.

and then hire a Chiquita to ship it for him

the right side of his brain fried away from over use of the cell phone so please be patient.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've only seen and run the steel braided hose. If there is something better I would like to try it. I solved the problems with the hose breaking and burning my leg by covering the end with 5' of hose. I've never had a break at the wand since, its a much better strain relief. I also buy new every December and move the old one back.

Gene

TimP

Parflex is safer as far as not bursting under normal use, and holds heat in better.

But the bad thing about it is that it can be harder to reel up on small hose reels. It does fine on mine especially when it's hot at the end of a job. It can be more difficuilt to unroll at first, you have to break it in some with heat. It's probably harder to deal with in cold climates but still usable. Anyways for me the peace of mind makes it the ideal hose even if it takes me 30 seconds each job longer to reel up vs rubber/steel braid.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
kyle albero said:

95 % of all cleaners out there agree that good heat is a main key to a good cleaning.....

about 80 % of them..... have no respect for it....30 % of them fear it.............

But .....there is a small percentage that can tame it and make it work to there ability...................

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Greenie said:
Checked inventory, little over 5000 ft, of the BLUE jacket stuff...that is the stuff that says Chem-Who? KMA and for some reason it IS more flexible than it's School buss yellow orange cousin that most carry.

It ain't the cheapest hose, but if you want 125' custom length, you can get it, as it's crimped to order, comes with stiff metal spring bend restrictors with a "coolwrap" spiral arounf the spring, that way the hose doesn't Fold Over and kink and cause Premature failures.

951-218-9177 is my cell.

How can we see everything you sell ? what's up with the websight?

Can someone post a picture of the Paraflex hose? I ordered a hose from interlink that was plastic and impossible to uncoil so I sent it back and use the Goodyear hose and haven't had much problem, but my machine is also not a real hot machine either. Anyways, a pic would be nice.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
danielc;

Here is the Parflex hose:
phose.jpg

Larry

Greenie

everfresh1 said:

My Online Store isn't ready yet, Mark and Andrechelle (Andrechelle.com) are building me a killer store, soon you'll be able to see all my wares.

Mikey keeps leaning on me to put some stuff up, I'll have to list a few specials for June, the BLUE parflex plastic hose will be the first.

I don't even stock the Yellow/orange stuff Larry has a picture of, I bring it in as It's requested, same deal...cut to order...50' sections are a waste of time unless you run a porty.

Email or call.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Greenie said:
everfresh1 said:

My Online Store isn't ready yet, Mark and Andrechelle (Andrechelle.com) are building me a killer store, soon you'll be able to see all my wares.

Mikey keeps leaning on me to put some stuff up, I'll have to list a few specials for June, the BLUE parflex plastic hose will be the first.

I don't even stock the Yellow/orange stuff Larry has a picture of, I bring it in as It's requested, same deal...cut to order...50' sections are a waste of time unless you run a porty.

Email or call.

i'll be waiting for your site, Don't agree with you about 50' hose though, If one breaks you're only out 50' feet for the day instead of 100 or more can you fix this parflex hose with my reusable threaded hose ends or do they have't to be pressed on.

TimP

The first time you try to use parflex it is the worst. Once you get some heat running through it, it will soften up quite a bit. Also a larger diameter hose reel helps.

As far as repairs. It is possible to get it repaired locally. I have heard hydrolic shops can do it for you. But by the time it fails you may want new anyway as it will far out last neptune. The main place hose fails is at the ends and the bend restrictors help to prevent that.

Farenheit251

I've never seen or heard of Parflex bursting. Even when Boazcan accidently ran his AT to 315 degrees he said it looked like a sprinkler with all the pinholes. The first few jobs were a bear but it loosens up.

K

kyle albero

It was a goodyear hose to answer your question. I was running the heat at 250 for about 25% of my work at the time. A guy that works for me likes to set the wand down so it rests on the solution hose. I think it was weak from that. I stopped cleaning all the restaurants so high heat is not all that important. I just use some orange booster to cut the soil instead of high heat. My wife likes that I am at home at night too.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
my old unit cleaned very nicely but didn't show much over 190 at the truck.
With using higher flow, you get more of that heat to the floor anyway.

The parflex can be a royal pain to deal with. The braided is so much easier, but it gets into knots as well.
I've found the secret to dealing with the Parflex is not to try and coil it the same as a braided hose. Need to do an outside loop then and inside loop and it will coil up nicely. Been using it for over a year now and its bearable. I like having a 120ft length.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom