Chemspec Ink Exit

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I haven't had any real world experience with it yet but I duplicated their test in my shop. I broke a ball point pen and dripped it on a piece of nylon carpet, then tried to clean it out. It did work somewhat as they advertise it does but I still struggled to remove all the ink. It did work better than my solvent based ink removers. I need a little more work with it but it does have potential.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I use it. Actually it rides in my utility belt. Seems to do pretty well, dissolving inks so they can be flushed.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It looks like a little bit of false advertising to me. Look at the video between :58-:59. It looks like there's a lot of visible ink still on the carpet, but in half a second later, it's magically disappeared for him to just lightly brush it with a freaking napkin.? Plus, he overwet the carpet with that stuff for it to go right into the pad. I don't care if you overwet clean carpet with just plain water, something is gonna wick up. Screw that. I'll just stick with my normal ink remover

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Or maybe I'm still holding a grudge from the case of powdered enzyme prespray I bought from them a couple years ago. I couldn't get half that crap to dissolve. I had to throw it away. If I was driving distance from my supplier, I would've just returned it. But it was better to just throw it away and move on to the next magical prespray, which was Grease Eraser at the time.

:madder:I still get mad thinking about it:madder:

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I have never liked ink removers. I have always felt like I was going to delaminates the carpet with the amount needed to remove the ink. I always reach for the red one and remove the ink's color.

Mikey P

Administrator
according to my horrible memory, there are at least 100 different types/sources of ink, correct?

How many will this product work on? Was it formulated for the most common inks found here in the states? Bic ballpoint, Sharpie etc

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Look at the video between :58-:59. It looks like there's a lot of visible ink still on the carpet, but in half a second later, it's magically disappeared for him to just lightly brush it with a freaking napkin.?
Matt - the video has obviously cut to the point where all the ink has been blotted up - look closely and you'll see the pile of towels used to blot. Pretty sure they're not trying to imply that one tap with a paper towel will do the trick...

inkexit.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Like any new product, you have to learn how to use it. Although I have struggled a little with it so far, it did do the job with out delaminating the carpet. Previously I have been using products like Prochem's solvink, (may not be spelled correctly) and it can delaminate a carpet with just a minute amount. Looking at the video, I may not have been using enough product. I will definitely try this again.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt - the video has obviously cut to the point where all the ink has been blotted up - look closely and you'll see the pile of towels used to blot. Pretty sure they're not trying to imply that one tap with a paper towel will do the trick...

View attachment 70491
Thanks for bringing that up. I just focused on that ink spot and opened my mouth before I looked any further. I'm glad you guys don't take any of my advice. I'm more like my European ancestors than my African ancestors. I come to a conclusion waayyy too fast and take too many risks without thinking of the consequences.

Reactions: dgardner

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Guys over here in Staya; we have a locally made chemical, its an encapsulation spot remover. I routinely pull pen ink with it. It water based but has some alcohols and something smelling phenolic in there. Spray agitate with brush, blot or extract, repeat if needed, done.

For large spillages you need to use rather a lot and have patience.

It's called Sonitron Zenith Encap Spot and Stain.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I ran to my distributor to get it when it first was talked about here.
Looked at a rental with a bunch of ink. One really large spot right in the middle of the living room.
So like any and every good carpet cleaner , I had to have the new stuff!!:biggrin:

Sorry to say it did not work at all. Maybe because it was old. But no others worked either.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
alchohol lol. but in gel!! I have had that as well.

Not sure what I always do incorrectly, but unless they are light spots , I never get it all out.

for some reason the pad under is always full of ink as well.

Poultice it. Terry rag, weigh it down.

Reactions: Rick J

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Best working one I ever found was by Chemeister. But it would dissolve olefin!!!! Yikes!!

It got out spots nothing else touched. But because of the label warning(dissolving olefin) I don't or did no order it regularly. I think I tried it at one time when ordering some of their other stuff.

I always really rinsed the jabbers out of carpet if I used it.

Wow, just realized a bottle with a little bit is still on shelf in garage.
The label even warns against leaving any in vac hoses without running water through.!!!

What you say? reading labels, and following directions?:smile::smile:

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Here are some photos of my ink job today. This was a bottle of calligraphy ink that was spilled. The lady tried to clean it with Resolve and alcohol and had separated the ink into its individual components somewhat. I used all of the products in the photo starting with the ink exit. I used 3/4 of a bottle and ran out, there was so much. I applied the other products and although they worked to a certain degree, the ink exit was by far the best product. I alternately rinsed with my Ron Toney upholstery tool and water claw. Final step was to apply 2 part peroxide/ammonia solution. This is the largest ink spill I have ever attempted.
IMG_20170309_130446.jpg
Let's
IMG_20170309_135142.jpg
IMG_20170309_140033.jpg
IMG_20170309_140218.jpg
see if I get a call tomorrow.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
If you do get called back, poultice it with the gel. You'll see......:biggrin:

(Got a case of citrus gel today on clearance. AND I got some hydroforce jugs for you)

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We got quite far under the baseboard but what happened is when we were spraying the oxidizing solution, more ink dripped off the baseboard heaters requiring a little more last minute work. Our last product is Esteams Eliminate which we sprayed and brushed in several times . I have good results with this product, if anything wicks up, it comes into contact with the solution and the color disappears. The odd time, I need to go back and give a second treatment. Most ink stains are just one or two small marks. This one was horrendous. I will definitely buy some more Ink Exit. Maybe by the gallon this time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom