Cimex Maintenance and Operating Question...

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Since I don't run a Cimex all the time, I have a question.

The 3 drivers are held on by 4 rubber grommets/bushings. Should those be replaced regularly? The Cimex I used this weekend .....the drivers would fall off if I lifted the head to change pads. Looks like they are easily changed. Anybody do this on their machine??

Also....do you run the Cimex with wheels up or just touchin' the carpet?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
rwcarpet said:

The 3 drivers are held on by 4 rubber grommets/bushings. Should those be replaced regularly? The Cimex I used this weekend .....the drivers would fall off if I lifted the head to change pads. Looks like they are easily changed. Anybody do this on their machine??

Grommets are well past their expiry date, replace them, just takes a couple of minutes.

The head is a floating head, ie; self leveling.

Keep the wheels firmly on the deck and the head will find it's own level.

It's an in-line machine, not a swinger.

PS::: I will occasionally lift the wheels to turn the machine in a tight space, but i don't make a habit of it, practice gives control. !gotcha!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
good thread. never replaced mine, never knew they were meant to be. my original pad drivers are still on but when i have used the newer pad drivers on my newer Cimex, they do come off easier. i guess this is why :idea:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
been using my cimex 3 times a month at least for the last 3 years and have never had any maint issues

with her..fingers crossed..i am going to replace the blue belt soon though just because it will make me feel better

my pad drivers and firmly in place and actually kind of tough to pop off but i hardly ever remove them..

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
ShortyDownUnder said:
rwcarpet said:

Grommets are well past their expiry date, replace them, just takes a couple of minutes.

The head is a floating head, ie; self leveling.

Keep the wheels firmly on the deck and the head will find it's own level.

It's an in-line machine, not a swinger.

PS::: I will occasionally lift the wheels to turn the machine in a tight space, but i don't make a habit of it, practice gives control. !gotcha!

Well, I don't know how old or how many hours are on this machine. I'm gratefull that I was able to rent this one. I think it is used basically for pre-spray scrub in. I'm sure the grommets were never replaced. It ran well, it's just that the drivers would fall off when I lifted the head.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Be sure to add a couple mirrors and a squeeze horn to the handle bars.

clean one

ive had my cimex for wow a long time, i bought it a yr or 2 after summerfest in Pensacola,fl I have never replaced anything on it same drivers,belt. i have put the new wheel kit on it those are nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom