Cimex scrub, Wand extract

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Following on from the many posts regarding Rotovacs, (all of them), RX20's, OP's & rotaries, I have not seen many posts where the operator has used a Cimex to scrub the carpet, then rinse/extracted with a wand.

Do many, or any of you, use this combination.??

If so, what do you think of the results.??

I have used this combination several times with my little truck mount, including scrubbing with the Mex, then rinse extracting with the old slow speed CMX20, and achieved brilliant results.

Thanks,

:roll:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have to do that every time at one of my restaurants with olefin carpet. It’s a good trick for extreme soil.

A

amazingcleansc

i dont see what would be horrible about doing releasit/cimex on carpet and then extracting with fresh water

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
You need to use a prespray designed for HWE if you plan to HWE after a pre-scrub with the Cimex. Releasit and most encap products will foam up and kill your vacuum.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We have done the following hundreds of times: prespray with HF followed by cimex and then extract with truckmount (wand).

Brilliant results!

These days I prescrub -after my prespray is down- with my orbot and then extract.

A

amazingcleansc

Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
We have done the following hundreds of times: prespray with HF followed by cimex and then extract with truckmount (wand).

Brilliant results!

These days I prescrub -after my prespray is down- with my orbot and then extract.

i actually have really been enjoying using releasit ds and the cimex lately. Im going to show you what i did with an old la z boy chair on another thread

A

amazingcleansc

ACE said:
You need to use a prespray designed for HWE if you plan to HWE after a pre-scrub with the Cimex. Releasit and most encap products will foam up and kill your vacuum.

extraction powder foams up like a beyitch.

I think on second thought it might not be a good idea because releasit has flouro protector in it that you'd be rinsing up.

Ryan

For best results scrub then extract then encap the carpet. Takes a long time, but works wonders on extreme traffic lanes.

A

amazingcleansc

Ryan said:
For best results scrub then extract then encap the carpet. Takes a long time, but works wonders on extreme traffic lanes.

you arent taking into account the laziness factor AT ALL.

if youre going to be like that, then pile lift with a good stiff cylindrical brush machine first, vaccum then scrub prespray with a pad type machine.

and keep a pair of snips with you to get the odd out of place carpet fibers.

Dr Vapeur

Supportive Member
Name
Richard Gagne
I have been clean my chiro (about 2000 sq ft) for the past few years (my first commercial). The first time I did it with just a wand and prespray, looked good not perfect. The second time I used a sebo dual rotating scrubber, looked alot better. The last couple of time I used a cimex to scrub in the prespray. The difference blew me and my chiro away. Now, I always use the cimex to scrub. It does not take to much longer to do but does such a good job that I am proud of the carpet.

I have to thank this board for all the useful information.

Richard Gagne

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
here ya go...a nasty Chinese place

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
2-method cleaning will always beat a 1-method cleaning.

except for when the 2 methods are Capture followed by a Rug Dr.

TimP

I use the cimex scrub and rinse. Results are great of course. The only problem I have is that once u scrub with the cimex the carpet looks clean and therefore makes it hard to keep track of where I've been when rinsing.

lance

Thanks Richard. It seems that the white/tan pads are the most popular.

I have a Whittaker crb with blue brushes.....i think that might be a great scrubber just like the cimex. Great pics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom