Clean all day for one price...anyone try it?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
The offer is basically that we would provide any and most of our services (excluding stone restoration) for the whole day at a pre-determined price. Two man team. I could give some examples of the things that we could potentially accomplish in that one day so they have some point of reference.

This would go out to existing customers. If close to the end of the day we are done with what they wanted, they can keep throwing things at us...car mats, car interior, neighbor's rugs. As long as we stay in the same residence all day.

Anyone try this?

Albert

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Around here most resi clients don't want to pay $1500- 2500.

They get a better deal with ala-carte pricing.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Royal Man said:

No way thats your daily average.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
ACE said:
Royal Man said:

Not my daily average. But, it would be what a full 8 hour day with no driving time, set up time or down time between would accomplish.

Usually I do $300 every 1.5 hours at house time.

You could do all the carpets and floors, furniture, mattresses and assorted treatments.

Might be easily well over $2500.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What do you think you and your helper can clean in one day?

Here's an example of what I think I can do with my helper. Customer with clean homes. The more they are ready for us the more we'll clean. And you can bet they'll be ready, prevacuum, move furniture, clear countertops..ect.

A typical 2,200 sft two story 4 bedroom tract home with easy access.
6 - 7 areas of carpet, stairwell, halls (minimal furniture moving)
Tile or stone cleaning floors (kitchen, family room and maybe a few small bathrooms
Upholstery, synthetic material ( 2 couches, one loveseat, a few reclyners..ect)
Kitchen granite tops. Do these as you're cleaning the tile floors
A few rugs

Kudos to those that gross $1,500 - $2,500 per day every day. I know Mikey might but not I. The offer would have to be significantly less but the value may very well be around that range which is what would make it attractive to the client.

Albert

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I hear ya Al...it's tough to get 4 figures on one job. Depends on the area, if stone is involved (as u know) the price goes up drastically. I try to keep the carpet/upholstery/tile jobs just under 4 figures if possible just to win the jobs

FredC

Village Idiot
:lol: @ Brian

no...but I thought about it at one time or at least something similar. Mainly because I was doing a lot of sub work for a restoration company. My cut when cleaning all the carpet/fabrics in a home was usually well over 1k and took me and a helper less than a day in almost all cases. Obviously since these were smoke damages there were some more time consuming task involved and these were being billed at xactimate prices which probably wouldn't be attainable on the "open market" ...........and there were only a few a month.....but when I did them i was smilin f'n ear to ear......

the flip side of that is I was getting ****** on relays and small cleans....good with the bad...yada yada yada

I think it could be done..............in the right location with a combo of great ads and sub work....but IMO it would have to be "what you do"................not sure it would work as just the most expensive "package" cause but I could be wrong

definitely requires dual capabilities..set systems.....and two folks (maybe a 3rd) that actually know wtf they are doing and can work independently...........

My thought was to be on the "cheap" side with it and shoot for two a day....but sometimes even the best deal in the world is a hard sell

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Albert,

I like the idea but my main concern would be... if you clean all soft furniture, carpet, mattresses, how are you going to deal with getting their home back to being useable in a decent amount of time. I worry about the inconvenience of the customer which may take a great thing of value down to a horrible experience.

Seems to me you're going to need to have a good control of the environment to get things dry in a timely manner.

F

FB7777

Dave with your admitted avg of $300 for 1.5 hours that computes to $1600 for an 8 hour stretch

Not $2500

What... No discount for leaving your shitbox at one site for 8 hours?

Are you trying to be the new Pete seltzer ?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
He must really fly because when he was shopped he came in at about $22 or so per room. I do love the persona Dave is trying to switch to. The fact is Dave is at a disadvantage by location to making big money. The median income in his area is $40,000 where my area is $90,000.

As for what hoody said, it is a good poiint except the bulk of people spending that kind of dough would probably be closing up the home for a season or getting ready to open it or have a large enough home to split areas. Plus people may not want that because you rate of production is determined by you and people may not trust that.

In theory it is a good idea but the market would be very low for this type of service. I do have a section in Norwell mass that does this but we come in around $1200 for the day. It includes tile if they want. Why would you exclude stone?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Can't imagine what a nightmare that would be. Customer over your shoulder watching every minute. They would have everyone they know dragging over all their furniture and rugs, it would look like a used furniture store exploded in their driveway. Hell, the customer might make more cash than you.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
"Hurry up boys, you have 10 more couches left. What, you want a break, I don't think so". :lol:

Repeat customers only and they would have an idea of what would get done.

I thought about this yesterday after I cleaned a bunch of things at home getting ready for Christmas. I do like the idea of staying in one location for the day though. Mainly it happens with stone restoration but not often enough for cleaning.

"NOW BOY, YOU'VE SAID TOO DAMN MUCH. GET YOUR ASS BACK TO WORK!!!. I NEED YOU TO CLEAN MY NEIGHBOR'S CARPET BEFORE END OF DAY"

ALBERT

pusaqall

Royal Man said:

Wow. If you can earn like $300 every 1.5 hours, it really is a good earnings. Nice work.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Royal Man said:
ACE said:
[quote="Royal Man":2n917e74]Around here most resi clients don't want to pay $1500- 2500.

Not my daily average. But, it would be what a full 8 hour day with no driving time, set up time or down time between would accomplish.

Usually I do $300 every 1.5 hours at house time.

You could do all the carpets and floors, furniture, mattresses and assorted treatments.

Might be easily well over $2500.[/quote:2n917e74]

Okay, so that’s $150.00 an hour. 8 hrs x 150= $1200.00
I doubt that’s your daily average either.
I suspect your grossing around $150K just like me.
You would get some respect here if you admit you are just another O/O doing the best he can.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Never said I work 8 hours everyday.

I don't mind being done by 2:00 most days.

Some days rock some suck just like everyone else here. ('Cept Crowley, Ben and PFred)

Just saying that working flat out for 8 hours with an helper.

Without aditional set up time, driving or time to talk with the client an increadable amount of work could be done.

Well over 2K.

How much would a custy pay??

Who knowns? I doubt $1200

I don't want to work like that and I would rather do ala carte pricing.

Becker

Name
Becker
You offering ride alongs Dave?

2 birds one stone.. I could visit my buddy Dirk.. Maybe drag Curt over and party like the good old days.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom