CleanTrust ..."say" it

Think about it

..L.T.A.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bdwa said:
You're a straight shooter, wasn't there some drama back a few years ago with the IICRC?

plenty
But I've never been a member
None of the politics and other shenanigans ever effected me...so I rarely get involved in the bitch threads ...I'll just say I don't think they had the membership's interests at heart .

the name change caused a big butt storm though.
I thought was kind of silly

say "IICRC".."say" it.
It sounds stupid

Now say "CleanTrust"

which do you think would be easier to market to prospects ??

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Butt storm lol- I agree Larry. May be just as useless but the name is slightly better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Bob Foster said:
I ate burritos last night in Cozumel and today I had a butt storm. 8)

I reckon you need a Starbucks enema Bob. shiteatinggrin

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
better a buttstorm here than at 200ft in a dry suit

IICRC .... Clean Trust. Both are just words to a client unless you explain it. May was well say BBBBB or Blah Blah.

Tell them you are a "Certified" cleaner, that simple word gives you more credibility than telling them the name of the certifying body.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
To me it's about the knowledge you gain from attending the class. I don't really care about the name either way.

They can call themselves anything they want, it's had little effect on our business what ever their name has been.

I don't care about the cheap certificate, color copied onto plain paper or the stooooopid patches. Its the knowledge gained, that's all I care about.

Name
I'm Rick James
I was certified through them years ago, but lost it when I didn't pay my yearly fee's. From my understanding it seems that the IICRC was a joke among business owners and that they had their own financial agenda that turned into a scandal. Is the name change with the word trust suppose to erase the last many years of self interests?

Is the leadership the same or did they have a changing of the guards?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
ship has been righted, but the hull is full of water, needs to be pumped out and dried.
They are trying to repaint the hull while its still submerged.

I told the lady when I was paying my dues that the only value it has to me now is the ability to honestly say I am a "Certified" Master Cleaner; a means of some credibility in an industry where everyone uses the same vocabulary but the words have very different meanings. I told her that I will no longer market the IICRC or Clean Trust, but I will market that I'm certified.
Its the same with being a member of the BBB. People recognize the BBB logo and it gives some "credibility". There really isn't much other benefit I can get from them. All the other associated busn benefits I get from being a member of my local Chamber of Commerce.
Its like paying my busn licence. What does it really give me? The municipal "governments" SELL you/FORCE you to pay this fee so they don't come and force you out of busn; they "allow" you to operate your busn. There is no other benefit. If the MOB came to your store and forced you to pay them they call that a protection racket or extortion. My friend found out that if he didn't pay they COULD start charging $100 per day!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ron what they "SOLD" you (they don't give you anything) was a cleaning education.

They don't even give you a copy of the standards they want you to adhere to.

Gotta buy it! It probably should be included with a Certified Company price if they want you to actually know what the standards are. How many cleaners do you think even own a copy of the standards?

Instead of a color copied certificate suitable for framing and a lousy patch a copy of the standards would seem like a better idea.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The IICRC didn't sell me an education, they just "approved" teachers whom I paid to attend their class. Then I paid the IICRC another $40 to take their test.

They have the Standard, I bought a copy, its probably 10yrs old. Lets say maybe 60% of the cleaners out there KNOW there IS a Std, 40%or less of those have a copy, less than 5% of those come close to following the Std. Maybe I'm being generous in the %ages. How can that std be enforced or at least marketed in a way that weeds out the fake cleaners, many of which have all the certification? O_o

When all is said and done, the IICRC has made a positive impact on the industry. Over the last 6yrs or so however they just haven't improved it as much as individual cleaners have done and with BS like the CRI SOA reducing the level of excellence, a name change is like sneezing at a tornado. They are like my local supplier, they have the basics but they just ain't keeping up.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
How many installers know there are standards? WE have 1 certified installer in this area. That's despicable. And it shows in the installs. They look ok for a couple of years then the seems open up and the wrinkles start. Not to mention the cheap carpet and pad being used.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
all the focus on the cleaners when there is major mis-info being passed on by retailers and then poor installs, and we're in there last and get blamed or have to explain to customers what should have been told to them when they purchased

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How many installers know there are standards?
They have their own certifying body, however I think they are the real cause for the renaming of the IICRC. Their group wants the Clean Trust to handle the whole hassle for them and si willing to pay a King's ransom.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
CLEANING TRUST?

A patch doesn't mean crap to your clients.

Clients can get an immediate feeling of trust from those you actually have provided your services from.

Right on the first page of a Google search.

Client reviews and testimonials carry a lot more weigh and make a bigger impact, as far as conveying trust, than a logo or patch.

The internet killed Yellow Pages.

Online reviews have killed the BBB and the need for wearing a patch.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Eddie Haskell said:
How many installers know there are standards?
They have their own certifying body, however I think they are the real cause for the renaming of the IICRC. Their group wants the Clean Trust to handle the whole hassle for them and si willing to pay a King's ransom.

why isn't THEIR certifying body doing something?
Why isn't the CRI on their case with an Installers SOA?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think it's one of those "Why re-invent the wheel", it's cheaper to pay someone to manage it for you. A cash cow for the "Trust" since they already have the infrastructure.

At least know the name was sacrificed for a good reason......money! :roll:

Name
I'm Rick James
I don't pre-vac now. :shock:

Saves me 20-30 minutes on an average job. Production = Profit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom