Notice CleanCo/Esteam/Fibreclean acquired by Aramsco

Name
Lee Stockwell
Always have a spare pump on the shelf. Running one now I got from Fred C. nine years ago. It got put on the WM two years ago, about the time I bought a new spare on an auction here.

Can change a pump in less than 10 minutes.

Reactions: ronbeatty

hogjowl

Idiot™
I used to fix small routine things on my TMs like belts and fuel pumps and such. Even got to where I was replacing head gaskets and such.
The busier I got the less I wanted to fool with it. Besides, I always need a TCS supply run.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Always have a spare pump on the shelf. Running one now I got from Fred C. nine years ago. It got put on the WM two years ago, about the time I bought a new spare on an auction here.

Can change a pump in less than 10 minutes.
Lee, I have always had a spare pump, pulse pump, hoses and belts. Whenever you have been doing what we do as long as you and I have, you kinda know what you need to have in stock.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Bam! Your belts break - can't work....

Time spent to change blower belts(me) maybe 2-3 hours and I get to work tomorrow or that afternoon.

Time spent going to JD(disty).

Need to call and make appointment(no walk in's:hopeless:Idiots!). Next day, no way I get in first thing.

Hopefully that afternoon I get in, drive 45 minutes to an area with way too much traffic.

And wait... How long? Who knows - they never start at appointment time! Half a day and an hour and a half of driving at least. That's the best case scenario.

What if I can't get in for a day or two? Bad phone calls to make for just being a prima donna and not fixing EASY shat...

You have to know how to do some things.
They MIGHT take walk ins if they didn't give Zerorez's fleet the 5 star treatment. They even service JUST that franchise on SATURDAYS! But tell all of us little people that they can't help us

Reactions: jcooper

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Every time I see this I can’t help but think the dudes not got enough work
Actually Marty it is just the opposite, I have enough work that I don't have time to call the distributor, make an appointment, drive there, let the mechanic disassemble my equipment only to tell me that they don't have the part that i need, reschedule another appointment so they can call the manufacturer who also doesn't have the part and has to drop ship it to the distributor so i can drive back, drink coffee and BS with a mechanic that wasn't even born when i started fixing this stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom