Cleanco VS Sapphire 1200

PCCN

Looking at replacing my slide-in with either a Cleanco PTO or Sapphire 1200 PTO. I have an older Cleanco Compact and its great for older machine with easy maintenance. I have been looking at specs on the new Sapphire 1200 and it as well looks sturdy and easy to maintain.

Anybody have real experience to compare the 2 machines on which would be most dependable and problem free? These are the only 2 I am looking at so please, not looking for info on HM, etc.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have a Quad 56 so I say are you happy with the cleanco........stay with that brand.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have the Sapphire 570....and if I could .......I would pull that blueline unit out of my big truck and put another one in there...

those machines are built tough..............if your stuck on having a PTO...I would go with the 1200....

that being said......my last 2 trucks were PTO...and I can honestly say one of the smartest moves I ever made for myself was to get a slide in....slide ins were not all that great when I first started out.but they have come a long way since then........

Name
Lee Stockwell
My son Jason dropped a rod on his WM direct drive this morning.

While it is daunting to have to replace a truck engine, I'm sure the Chevy 350 will be nearly as cheap as most TM engines. Will try to have it done in a week tops.

Name
Hank Unck

hogjowl

Idiot™
From what jImMy Ladwig has told me, you can't run your hoses through the door port on a Cleanco, and that all by itself would be enough to make me select the 1200.

PCCN

Yea. This is a MAJOR issue. I have a Prochem Apex that is giving me FITS with an issue no one can diagnose so that is one of the main reasons for PTO.

PCCN

I thought the same so I bought a Prochem Apex a few years back. No issues until recently and I have a problem that no one can seem to diagnose. That truck has been down for weeks due to not being able to take the time and head out of town to a repair shop. Definitely have to go with less moving parts to go bad and give problems.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I suppose there is an option to do it but I've just never found it all that important.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Does your distributor support both units?
Both are proven units and I would think either one would be a great machine but I'd lean towards how close is my support.

We have Butler's and they are great units with fast support with parts and are great on the phone trouble shooting BUT I sure wish they had local distributors. Fortunately problems are few and far between! :icon_cool:

hogjowl

Idiot™
The Cleanco vac ports are high up on the top of the tank, and I have read jImMy say many times before that he would have to break out his windows to put a hole in there.

I suspect you were working for Colt when you had that Butler, weren't you Mikey? So you probably weren't too worried about any of the equipment being stolen late at night, or in bad areas of town.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Notice the BLUE clickable link to those two brands?

Must be PAID ADVERTISERS and www.cleanco.com isn't.

Posts just to draw traffic to paid advertisers.

Sic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom