Cleaned a Thousand Chairs Today.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
...or it seemed like it. Two PC cleaning tools, brushes, and a good mix of S&G. Probably 200+, and going back for more on Monday. All the chairs were brought to us by the employees.

Biggest problem?? What I thought was hairspray on the top backs of some of the chairs was probably "Moose", or however you spell it. The front corners of some of the chairs had a white film.....figured it to be hand lotion or sanitizer. The S&G and HOT rinse cleaned it up.

To top it off, it was for the Ohio Work Comp Office Building....had to be real safety concious. And yes...my WC is paid and up to date. And I had to post a guard at the back door to keep out unauthorized vermin.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
rwcarpet said:
. And I had to post a guard at the back door to keep out unauthorized vermin.

So how did he tell the difference between the authorized and unauthorized vermin?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I did 500 chair at a reception hall a while back. Wasn't that bad. By myself. Done by 2pm.

You have assembly line them.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ofer Kolton said:
rwcarpet said:
. And I had to post a guard at the back door to keep out unauthorized vermin.

So how did he tell the difference between the authorized and unauthorized vermin?

Well....actually it's an "exit only". All visitors to the building, including employees have to sign in and receive a visitors badge.......they say for "fire safety" reasons. Plus, there are a lot of "street people" wondering around that area, looking for restrooms to use.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Bob Foster said:
I bet your wrist has been that sore since you were a teenager...

You know, Bob.......wasn't the wrist so much as the blisters from squeezin' the trigger! And with both tools running at the same time, very HOT solution!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
rwcarpet said:
Bob Foster said:
I bet your wrist has been that sore since you were a teenager...

You know, Bob.......wasn't the wrist so much as the blisters from squeezin' the trigger! And with both tools running at the same time, very HOT solution!

To protect the innocent, this thread may need to be terminated :p

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ofer Kolton said:
rwcarpet said:
[quote="Bob Foster":wmhu0n02]I bet your wrist has been that sore since you were a teenager...

To protect the innocent, this thread may need to be terminated :p[/quote:wmhu0n02]

After re-reading my post, I realize it may have some "questionable" phrases..........

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Finished up those chairs today....maybe 350-400 of them. I didn't count.....the office manager kept a meticulus "log" as to each chair we cleaned. She had "X" amount of dollars left in the budget to spend, so she picked and chose the chairs that needed cleaning the most...

Thanks, S&G, and plenty of hot solution.

Now for Advil and .......beer. My hands ache, and my toes are permenently curled from kneeling.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
rwcarpet said:
Finished up those chairs today....maybe 350-400 of them. I didn't count.....the office manager kept a meticulus "log" as to each chair we cleaned. She had "X" amount of dollars left in the budget to spend, so she picked and chose the chairs that needed cleaning the most...

Now for Advil and .......beer. My hands ache, and my toes are permenently curled from kneeling.

To save wear and tear on my body when I clean a lot of office chairs. I sit in a chair while cleaning and my helper rolls them to me after preconditioning. I spin them while holding the upholstery tool in one place (as much as I can.). Then the helper rolls them off and he spray on protector and wipes down the plastic parts.

I can clean all day this way with little strain.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Royal Man said:
rwcarpet said:

To save wear and tear on my body when I clean a lot of office chairs. I sit in a chair while cleaning and my helper rolls them to me after preconditioning. I spin them while holding the upholstery tool in one place (as much as I can.). Then the helper rolls them off and he spray on protector and wipes down the plastic parts.

I will consider that on the next chair job, Dave, fer sure.

I can clean all day this way with little strain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom