Cleanfix Hot Canary Portable

cleanfreakz

Hi guys I'm new to this board :D . I currently own a commercial cleaning business servicing medical and dental facilities. When I started my business I purchased the Cleanfix Hot Canary for the carpet cleaning end of things. The unit ran me around $2,500. Instead of having the heat component installed I had an additional vacuum installed. I have done family members carpet with it as well as my offices but here is my question. I am pondering the idea of going full steam into marketing carpet cleaning and as it appears more profitable than my commercial cleaning on a per hour basis. I realize that in a lot of instances it's the tech and not the machine that cleans carpets but was wanting your input on a few things being that you guys are professionals.

Question 1: Would it be feasible to start a commercial and residential carpet cleaning business with a portable machine and receive business or are portable guys not perceived as professionals by clients (as opposed to TM guys)?

Question 2: If it is feasible with the right marketing what could one expect to earn in say a years time? I realize every area is different but just looking for a ballpark for crunching numbers into my business plan. Thanks for your assistance gang.

Name
Danny Strickland
if yore steam cleaning a majority of the carpets in commercial setting, i can see why yore not making as much per hour!

tell me if i'm wrong, but most of the ares you clean in a medical setting are offices and waiting areas as most of the patients rooms are some type of inlaid vinyl, right???

E N C A P S U L A T I O N

cleanfreakz

Preacher said:
if yore steam cleaning a majority of the carpets in commercial setting, i can see why yore not making as much per hour!

tell me if i'm wrong, but most of the ares you clean in a medical setting are offices and waiting areas as most of the patients rooms are some type of inlaid vinyl, right???

E N C A P S U L A T I O N

When I said I wasn't earning as much I meant from the commercial office cleaning standpoint vs. carpet cleaning standpoint. I earn between $20-$45 per hour depending on the facility for routine cleaning but from talking to a few local carpet cleaners I was told they earn $75 to $100 per hour in many cases. In my offices they average around 5,000 to 10,000 sq. ft. and yes there is VCT tile that I strip, wax, and buff on a per contract basis and there also is a lot of carpet but I only do most once per year on the carpet because they are too cheap to have it done more. So I was thinking that if I concentrated on the carpet cleaning side of things for both comm and resi I might be further ahead. And I don't have a steam cleaner, no heat on my unit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom