Cleaning an 3ht LP jets

TimP

How do you clean the jets on the bottom that heat the coils. I don't think the heater I have is burning properly when I was using it. I was thinking I should clean them to make sure since I bought it used with many hours on it. I have no instruction manual so I would be guesing to try anything now.

clean one

Man i needed to do mind this weekend i forgot, oh well . yes you need a tip cleaner. take the burner ring out use the proper size. after doing all the jets i tap it on a board an turn it so anything would fall out of the pipe. DO NOT USE A DRILL

dgardner said:
The little 2ht I bought a while back was well used and definitely plugged up. Only half the burner jets would ignite. I didn't have a manual either. I used a tip cleaner set made for Oxy-Acetylene torches to clean mine (unscrewed the jets first). Like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Hobart-770085-Welding-Oxy-Acetylene-Cleaner/dp/B0017Z04Q2

This is right, but don't take out the jets, a lot of old jets will brake off. after you clean with the welding cleaner bump all the dust out the pipe.

Greenie

ona real old ring, I think I might just buy a new ring assembly, those brass jets can "wobble" out with a few cleanings, not that expensive.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Leslie Judson Jones said:
This is right, but don't take out the jets, a lot of old jets will break off. after you clean with the welding cleaner bump all the dust out the pipe.

That's good to know, guess I was fortunate none of mine broke off.....

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I don't usually remove the jets to clean them. Run them through with the tip cleaner and then use the air compresser to blow each one out from the top side. Tip it upside down and lightly tap to remove any debris. Finally I use a rag to help seal around the air gun and blow down through the pipe, use your bare finger to feel the air coming out each jet.

TimP

Thanks everyone I'll keep it in mind. I guess I'll order a tip cleaner next time I order something from amazon, and if i mess it up I'll get a new ring. Now I'll just have to figure out how to get it out, but I assume it's easy since nobody mentioned how to do it.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I've taken my jets out of my burner ring at least twice a year for 20 years and never had a problem with one braking or stripping out.
I think the key is to just snug the jet in. Do not over tighten.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom