Cleaning boxing ring

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Anyone clean one of these?. Anything special. I can't really say what it looks like other then that it's canvas. Is it a thick piece stretched or is it on a plywood type of floor?

thanks,
Albert

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
take your rotary up there to scrub it with some shampoo and rinse it.

No kidding

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'm wondering if the rotary may be too rough. May just need a lot of pre-spray , agitate with soft deck brush and rinse.

Any one know the easiest way to take out what appears to be a bunch of old blood?. Maybe spray with reducer after the cleaning, dwell and rinse?.

The ropes are going to be the biggest challange. There's 4 of them, covered in a velvet material (red, white, blue and black). Should I be concerned about the rope material bleeding into the material?. I may have just found a reason to go with dry shampoo method.

Albert

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Albert, my son was in a small boxing club where we live. Ring was built directly on the floor and covered with a short napped plush carpet (no kidding).

Looked like it had come off the set of "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"...blood everywhere! We cleaned it up with the porty. A healthy dose of Ultapac Renovate in the prespray loosened the blood up.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'll try some of the suggestions.

The issue now is the material on the ropes. I just thought of getting some kind of glove that I can dip in a shampoo bucket to agitate the ropes. I think I've seen them in auto stores but not sure if they're waterproof?.

Is the rope going to bleed through though?

Albert

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Just got back from doing this a while ago. They didn't want to pay to have the ropes done but did the canvas floor and carpet.

Not one drop of blood came out (enzime, uph. pre-spray and a few other things including reducer).The ring is 6 years old and never got cleaned. The carpet came out great though.

Underpromise and under deliver on this one:lol:

Can't win them all,
Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom