Cleaning Price spreadsheet

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Hey guys, As with the last post, I have been doing a business review over the last 2 months.
I was wondering if anyone had a spreadsheet they would like to share laying out how much to charge for cleaning. I have my set prices already and I believe they are good, but I just wanted to run a few calculations "just to make sure". I was thinking that some of you may have some ideas or cost areas that I may have missed or misplaced when I calculated my own price. I know some of you guys track to the penny.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Jeremy
The only person I would bench mark off of would be quality local companies.
Have someone do some calls to price your competitors.

Pick one order to price like
3 rooms hall and stairs.
1 sofa
1 rug

That should get you in the ball park.

The real question is what are your costs? Truck, chemicals & rent etc. Divide this by 20 working days. This will be your daily overhead.
What are your production rates? How much can be cleaned per hour
What do you want to earn? Your annual salary

When you know those 3 things you then know what to charge

Ask
Do they run similar equipment?
Do they cover a similar geography?
Does the owner do the work or employees?

Hope this helps.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Jeremy
The only person I would bench mark off of would be quality local companies.
Have someone do some calls to price your competitors.

Pick one order to price like
3 rooms hall and stairs.
1 sofa
1 rug

That should get you in the ball park.

The real question is what are your costs? Truck, chemicals & rent etc. Divide this by 20 working days. This will be your daily overhead.
What are your production rates? How much can be cleaned per hour
What do you want to earn? Your annual salary

When you know those 3 things you then know what to charge

Ask
Do they run similar equipment?
Do they cover a similar geography?
Does the owner do the work or employees?

Hope this helps.
Thanks Tom,
I really don't care what the other guys are doing in my town because I know some will out lean me and I will out lean some others. Its all about how well you connect to the needs of your customers. I have had times where just based off my phone call with a customer they have referred me to their friends and I hadn't even cleaned their carpet yet.
Your questions are similar to what I used when I first set my pricing, I know some people out there have spreadsheets and diagrams and reader glasses with the green visor when they do their pricing and I was hoping someone might share theirs so I can compare to what I have done in case I have missed something, or didn't account for it correctly.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I've got a couple I've picked up over the last couple years. I'll see if I can find them.
Bill

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Every market will be different.

Not sure what Ofer charges in San Francisco but I bet his prices are higher than ours, in the middle of IA.

It will serve you well to gain a familiarity with your competitors pricing. Even if it's just a gauge to shoot high or low.

I suggest the former. You must deliver a better service to remain there. YOU can then dictate your prices a little better from there.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Russ is right about location. What I charge in S.F. has no relevance to what Russ charges. My charges may be higher, yet he may make more money per hour, depending on average home sizes, set up and travel time etc.

Not sure why the need for a spread sheet. Pricing is fairly simple and straight forward, no need to make it more complicated than need be.
Mine is by the square foot. Not much of a spread, but here's my "spread sheet" :winky::

The cost for cleaning
up to 300 square feet of wall to wall carpeting measured wall to wall or 26 stairs (our minimum) is either- $199.00- If it is the 1st, or second floor and if we can use a truck mount unit (be able to legally park right by your place). Or- Third floor, if we have to run more than 150 feet of hose and or if the setup is more time consuming-$249.00 Any additional footage of wall to wall carpeting thereafter, costs 50 cents per square foot. Normal width stairs (approximately 30” wide) are $5.00 per stair. Wool is 60 cents per square foot and woven wool carpet is 75 cents per square foot. This cleaning price does not include extra treatment (beyond normal cleaning) and or for pet related issues (like urine & or odor).

Reactions: Russ T.

Mike Raimer

Name
Mike
You need to decide whether you want to charge per room or sq ft. I do sq ft and follow a chart based on how long it takes to complete each task based on level of dirt and room size. I can increase or decrease rate based on area and commercial vs residential, but multiplier doesn't alter. Another method could be based on man hour. Typically, around my area, the average is 75 per man hour or 100 per truckmount hour

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I thought he was looking for C.O.G.S. possibly missed???

Cost of goods sold. Wanting to make sure all his bases were covered. ????

Whut I'd so is record the days temperature for a week. Total the numbers together and divide by 10 and go with that.

Or
factor in all the overhead it takes to get you, your vehicle, equipment, solution there. Include your labor time, rent, fuel, wear & tear, taxes, insurance, benefits. Etc. to process a job.

The first one is a lot more fun but if you put in the time, the second should be more accurate. :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I found one that I was looking for but I can't seem to attach it. Got this from guy on here by the name Briteworks (sp?) He used to be a cleaner and poster on here but became a distributor of Judson cleaning products and other supplies. . this was a spreadsheet he put together. It pretty detailed and you can tailor it extensively to your costs. I'll keep looking for the other one I have.. it's on another missing thumb drive.

PM your email address and I'll send it to you.

Bill

Name
Nate W.
I found one that I was looking for but I can't seem to attach it. Got this from guy on here by the name Briteworks (sp?) He used to be a cleaner and poster on here but became a distributor of Judson cleaning products and other supplies. . this was a spreadsheet he put together. It pretty detailed and you can tailor it extensively to your costs. I'll keep looking for the other one I have.. it's on another missing thumb drive.

PM your email address and I'll send it to you.

Bill

His name was Jeremy and he had the Encapstore... He sold to a guy named Damon in Nevada...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom