cleaning tile in a church

JoeClean

Got a call from an old acquaintance looking for info on cleaning his churches tile. I went to look and the main room is 40' x 49' + a small lobby. About 2100 square of 1 ft square ceramic tile. Grout tested like it had only been mopped the last ten years, which is the case.
The thing that threw me, this is the main room where all the pews are. Long rows of pews that are bolted to the floor. No carpet, all tile, wall to wall. Some nice straight aisles too, but wow the seat areas are huge.

Anyone ever try to clean something like this? So many tight spaces and legs. What would you use?

And what do you charge a church for this? I have always given a huge discount as long as they schedule during my slow period.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
a lot of hand detail work where the solution travels in the grout lines but the turbo tool won't

a couple of years back I moved 40 pews and refinished the VCT floor, not a very fun job

JoeClean

They would have moved the pews for me but unfortunatly they are bolted to the floor. Seems like an impossible amount of hand detail work.

pinosan

Name
Martin
Have them remove every other pew to give you more room don't have to move all of them. It's only a few nuts and washers to remove and that is it not a big deal. gekko tool will help you more than the spinner. and a plastic crevice tool will suck out the solution that goes under the bases of the unmoved pews.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom