Clear Water Rinse Guys

DRScrivner

For those of you guys that are running a clear water rinse with no emulsifier and/or acid rinse- what pre-spray are you using that rinses well, is not crunchy, does not-reattract soil, and compatible with protector?

Mike Draper

DRScrivner said:
For those of you guys that are running a clear water rinse with no emulsifier and/or acid rinse- what pre-spray are you using that rinses well, is not crunchy, does not-reattract soil, and compatible with protector?

If it's completely rinsed out of the carpet than why would it re-attract soil or then why would the carpet not be compatible with scotch guard. With soft water, rinsing shouldn't be to much of a problem.

Greenie

cracks me up when I see claims on a pre-spray like: Carpet left at 8pH after a clear water rinse.

hello...if it's still an 8, there is residue in it. how about leaving it neutral?

there are too many clean clear rinses like Judson that just make sense, why would you clear water rinse unless you were a BDCC or your chem pump failed and you didn't carry water?

Even 8-12oz. of O2 rinse in teh 5gal jug is magical to help rinse the Prespary faster, and leave carpet brighter, softer, and dry faster.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Exactley Jeff! Just about everyone around me clear water rinses and most WITHOUT soft water. I run a water softner and emulsifer (alkaline base and acid base depending on the situation) I've got to say this has helped me be one of the preferred carpet cleaners in our area. I have tried clear water rinse and cannot stand how much longer it can take to get the carpet clean and dry.

Mark

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
And I love how some of the locals are trying to claim they are "Green Cleaners" because they fresh water rinse. Interesting how there pre spray wouldn't qualify as green. I am waiting for them to clean for someone who knows the MSDS sheets better then them someday.

Mark Saiger

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Do I understand rite that the carpet dries faster with an emusifier then with soft water rinse. Personally, I like my prespray(cobbs powermax) to do the work and then rinse with soft water. Via time or aggitation. Greenie aren,t you pushing a product that is made for a water rinse.

Rex Tyus

I don't want to hurt anyones feelings, but unless you are scrubbing PROPERLY, the clear water rinsers are gonna get embarassed one day by a BANE and some PCA 5. :shock:

Spray and suck don't clean for shit with a clear water rinse. You will get comparable visual result with a straight emulsifier and heat. With much less time and effort.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
it's my theory that 90% of the clear water rinse guys don't have a chem pump or siphon feed that works right

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Lyman said:
Do I understand rite that the carpet dries faster with an emusifier then with soft water rinse. Personally, I like my prespray(cobbs powermax) to do the work and then rinse with soft water. Via time or aggitation. Greenie aren,t you pushing a product that is made for a water rinse.

Lyman, you been drinking?

Judson can be rinsed with water, but most all use it with the matching neutral rinse, which does reduce drying time.
I'll send you a gal, you will be parking that soft water only rinse in a hurry.

Chads

Supportive Member
Well I will be the first to admit that I dont know crap about the siphon feed for rinses maybee I should read up on how to fix them and give it a try. Now who knows how to fix them?

Rex Tyus

Mikey P said:
I rinse with only soft water.

I think I will ban Greenie for making me doubt myself.

You don't count cause you preach agitation more than anyone else. Plus you have real heat flow and vac. The average bd doesn't have either. He thinks he can just spray down the sodium perborate with some citrus squeeze in it and tap water rinse to perfection. :roll:

TimP

Rex....one of the guys you were talking about that supposedly does the clear water rinse "coast guys". Anyway I did a job in his area a week or so ago and the person said that none of the spots came out after they cleaned and everything looked the same after it dried. Anyways my job had all the spots gone...and in an 1,800 sq ft are of olefin, moderately soiled carpet I had 1 spot come back :evil: ticks me off cause I have to go back now cause of my big mouth.....but they will probably use me as long as I'm willing to make the drive and at 2 bucks a gallon now it's fairly tempting.

So I have to agree clear water rinse doesn't do squat.....if you mist your prespray and don't scrub.

Greenie

Chad, you are a smart guy, starve your pump intake 10% (needle valve is best, but even a ball valve will work) then T off the intake and run a small line over to your Dwyer meter....viola' your pump will pull that lost 10% from your Dwyer, you meter from there.

let me see if I have a pic?

Closest to the pump is the bypass return, then the small barb is for chem line, last is the fresh water feed.

SimpleSyphon01.jpg

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Rex let me know exactly what you use on residential and I will try it side by side and report on the results. Green bean, I was talking the new powermax you are sending samples out. It is made for clear water rinse.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Rex Tyus said:
[quote="Mikey P":25fkzdzl]I rinse with only soft water.

I think I will ban Greenie for making me doubt myself.

You don't count cause you preach agitation more than anyone else. Plus you have real heat flow and vac. [/quote:25fkzdzl]

AND..he's one of the dudes that's never had a reliable chem feed....
went from a Bulter to V

he can't meter juice

he's a "90 percent'r" i mentioned

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

Lyman said:
Rex let me know exactly what you use on residential and I will try it side by side and report on the results. Green bean, I was talking the new powermax you are sending samples out. It is made for clear water rinse.

I can't tell you "exactly" what I use on residential because it varies with the soiling conditions, fiber type and how much time I want to spend in the house (plus I don't want TimP to know :twisted: ).
Do you aggitate? Rotary, gls, manual? Or do you just Sprit and git? What are your temperatures and flow?

I am not trying to talk anyone in to using any particular rinse. I am saying, if you are gonna tap water rinse you better aggitate your ass off and have hellacious heat and flow. Other wise, YOU WILL GET EMARRASED ONE DAY BY A DUDE WITH A BANE AND SOME PCA 5. :|

Rex Tyus

That is not exactly a tap water rinse, now is it Dave?

What prespray do you use on wool or owner occupied 6 month old nylon carpet?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
davegill said:
i all i rinse with is pure clean ro/di water.

RO = reverse osmosis?
DI = deionized water?

are they the same?
I've "heard" DI water is hard on plumbing fittings

is that true?

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Dave would only need 1/4 of the amount of JJ rinse to see the benefits....there is always room to do better for your custies.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have used the O2 rinse and really don't notice a difference

dry time is really no different

my chemical meter works just fine

I use softened water and aggiate everything thing I can, even if I OP it

for me commercial is a different story in most cases, all my cleaner commercial carpets get OP more then the get HWE

if I know if the customer has her own little machine then I will spray the carpet with water, aggiate it a little and rinse the crap out of it, why dump more on it when you don't need to

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve frasier said:
I have used the O2 rinse and really don't notice a difference

dry time is really no different

my chemical meter works just fine

I use softened water and aggiate everything thing I can, even if I OP it

for me commercial is a different story in most cases, all my cleaner commercial carpets get OP more then the get HWE

if I know if the customer has her own little machine then I will spray the carpet with water, aggiate it a little and rinse the crap out of it, why dump more on it when you don't need to

Same as Steve.....I have cleaned with and without and cant tell no difference at all...... Stays clean just as long and is just as soft.....

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I have a hydroforce water softener and scrub 175 on most with ricky g tan and red,blue,or green on commercial. Judson on wool and 1-3 year old carpets. 195 at the wand and what ever green bean jets are for my ti wand. I can guarantee a ban will not out clean me. I almost forgot the cotton with green strips on olefin berber has been working very well. I would still like to try your stuff side by side, I am not that much of a redneck to learn something new.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've also used the O2 rinse to no effect either.

It must work in window cleaning :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom