Cobb Job

Chads

Supportive Member
Me and Lyon hanged out today. So I could check out his Tm and give him some tips.
IMG_2943.jpg

Chads

Supportive Member
Here is the lube spot for the blower just un bolt this and spray some wd-40 in there very convient spot.
IMG_2932.jpg

Chads

Supportive Member
This is how I increased Lyon's vac by double. He thought if he ran a inline vac that this one would'nt get clogged up. So all yall people that wont admit it go out and check your blower side filter yes most of the time there are 2 of them.
IMG_2928.jpg

Chads

Supportive Member
So this machine suck a$$ and he needs to get more out of it. Here are the issues instead of bashing people lets fix this machine.
Issues.
1. Has no vac my prochem trailblazer has better vacumm
2. This machine takes 20 min. to get up to temp running full blast and wand not even keyed
3. it takes up half the dang truck
4. No blower lube point
5. Pressure regulator you have to use a wrench to change pressure

Oh yeah this has a number 4 blower and a 24 honda
What I was thinking about was turning the blower on its side so you could plumb it better
and have enough room for the plumbing right now the exhaust sid is piped down restricting alot of air flow. I also thought a possiabilitie would be to take the cobb plate and mount on a frame and replumb and get a new waste tank and throw that peice away what do yall think?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
not being a dick but am i the only one that cleans my equipment? the entire truck and the hoses look filthy..
sorry if i am missing something but come one man..wipe it down that alone will make it run better

Name
I'm Rick James
davegill said:
not being a dick but am i the only one that cleans my equipment? the entire truck and the hoses look filthy..
sorry if i am missing something but come one man..wipe it down that alone will make it run better

Yeah man I was thinking the same thing. Your van and whats inside is a billboard for new clients. If a guy is to lazy to keep his van clean, what else is he lazy in?

Becker

Name
Becker
I like Chads logo.. nice looking from the outside, i wont talk to much about the inside, I have my own issues.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
if i opened the back of one of my trucks and it looked like that someone would get fired on the spot..i may go a week or so without washing the outside of the van but the inside should never get dirty. if you spill it you clean it up right there and now..not later. after packing up the hoses grab a clean wet rag and give things a fast wife down..that way it never gets dirty and never needs a major cleaning.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Chad;

Just to be accurate, there are several "major changes" that have been made to that TM.

That model is probably ~ 6-7 years old.

To restore the vac level & improve heat output, I would

1. Check the max vac level with the inlet sealed.
It should be @ 16" hg.
2. Check the vac gasket on the lid above the filter.
3. Reinstall the exhaust wrap on the left exhaust manifold.
4. Increase the blower outlet where it has been changed to 2" barbs.

Also, the regulator on the pump needs to be in it's original vertical position, for proper lubrication.
It would also be easier to adjust pressure in that position.

The main restriction I see is the exhaust piping out of the HX.

I would increase it to 2.5 stainless tubing.

Lyon can contact us for a service manual with some more details.

This is a proper installation for maximising space in the GM van:
08rear534.jpg

Larry

Reactions: Weebco

Moser Bros.

Make me an offer on my Cobb Jobb, unit only. Has 2,700 hrs, pump is 1 year old, blower 2 years, heat exchanger 2 years.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/hondatruckmount.html

Multi-Surface Truckmount
1500 PSI - Tile
550 PSI - Carpet
Installed w/Double Reel
150' Hoses & 12" Wand $12,995

Multi-Surface Package

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
Leonardo da Vinci

G

First thing,add a little giant on the end,if you bump it up, it will get hotter than you will need,2nd,if you can use another form of filtration on the inline(maybe a bag in the entry to the tank?)those inlines Do resrtrict,and run that 4mp to 16hg,other than redoing the whole thing.

Moser Bros.

Mikey P said:
Did you learn how to carry hose from Grijalva?
Good lord.

No I learned from best, they also taught me ... 2 hours hands on training, how to wet and jet, work ethic( 50 hrs= $400), that the dumb masses will hire your large franchise if .....at least 60% of your employees are ex and active cons, you have a employee who went to rehab, then you hired him back as a manager and you make your techs ride around in special ed buses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom