Cobb Job

Greenie

OMG....where do I start?

Larry, make the guy an offer, then you can "recondition" it to the Cobb standard and make another cheerleader.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The basic concept of this unit is good, i asy this as this is almost identical to the unit i started my company with. it by no means is a vortex or butler but it also does not cost as much as one. if you take larry advice and do a couple of upgrades to the unit it will run very nice and give you countless hours of service. i would also

1. add a panti hose to that waste tank filter so it is easy to clean at least twice a week, just pull off and replace with new one.

2. check tubing coming off heat exchanger for obstruction or buildup of any kind.
just to be sure i would remove the extended exhaust tube and see the performance varience.

3. replace both spark plugs and check wires for deterioration.

4. replace the waste tank waste gate to ensure proper seal.

5. clean waste tank with bioclean or some kind of enzyme that will eat all the that crap up.

6. would check to see if blower need to be lubed and if so add zirc fittings for easier maintenance.

7. check all tubing from blower to tank for any leaks , if any leaks present - replace complete assembly ( do not EZ your machine with goop just to seal fix it correctly so that it last and works correctly)

8. if you have done so already do all required maintencance and please clean up you machine, it will make your machine happier and it will work harder and hotter for you! :mrgreen:

Chads said:
And Lyon himself
IMG_2935.jpg

Fashion tip black shoes = black socks.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
OMG where to start, that unit and inside of the van looks disgusting, I am sorry if you keep your vehicle that shitty it has to effect the quality of the work, how can you get access to all the products you need without getting filthy just trying to get in there. If I was a customer there is noway I would want something that disorganized cleaning my carpets, this inside of that thing is a chia pet. forget fixing the machine, clean the damn truck up first!!!!!

second why in hell is this machine mounted out the back doors!!! that is a total waste of space, a much better use of the space is to mount the machine out the side doors, in van I would recommend the tall skinny hose reels that hold 200ft of 2" vac hose, they are only about 1ft wide, you will have 3 feet of space to get in and out of the van, the reels are slightly more of a PIA to use however the extra room is worth it.

no, with that said you should fix the machine once those things are corrected

Greenie

"Fashion tip black shoes = black socks."

With shorts? Then you would be mistaken for a Canadian.

Maybe black shorts would look reasonable with black shoes and socks?

Stick to white shoes with shorts as a general rule...lol

hogjowl

Idiot™
The women in my family are now telling me that it is no longer cool to wear ANY socks when you are wearing shorts.

I like the white socks, but it ain't worth arguing about.

Rex Tyus

OMG! everyone knows the shoes are to match the belt the sox to the pants. That being said Greenie is right, black shoes with those shorts are so wrong it doesn't matter what color your sox are.

Khaki cargo pants are to be worn with brown. White shoes would be acceptable if the style were right. No show sox would be the prefered foot gear. You could get away with a low cut khaki sock (maybe). Thus sayeth my fashion consultant.

Rex Tyus

Greenie said:

You don't know how close you are to nailing Curtis' fashion influence. PC is like little Ontario in the winter. :p

CleanEvo

Then you would be mistaken for a Canadian.

Wrong... we wear those grey wool work socks with the red trim... only with shorts though, and only for about two weeks of the year when the sun shines.

Sorels the rest of the year.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
White socks with everything, including formal wear.

Socks that don't extend above the shoe are for women.

Shoes worn without socks stink.

G

That was messed up! The second time I ordered it the lady was acting like I was stupid. Everybody else was having their second or third burger before I got my first!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Hey, I was going to make a postcard saying "If your last carpet cleaner looked like this, it's time to try us."

I was going to have a bucktooth hillbilly carrying a rug doc, but can I use your picture instead?

Moser Bros.

Thanks for the fashion tips, they really helped my machine run better. I don't wear shorts that often, when I worked at Stanley and for another cleaner that's what we wore. I usually wear tan dickie pants and white shoes, the shoes last about a month if I'm lucky, so I recently switches to my old Air Force 1's and these are $80 shoes so they out lasted the white Sam's club brand. And the only black socks I own are dress socks that I wear a couple times a month with my suit when I'm prospecting commercial accounts, most of you guys probley don't even own a suit!

p.s. I was working with Chad that day and the only job I did was a property management job, so I didn't even need my uniform, thanks everybody the white sneakers have increased the suction in my machine.

p.s.s Yes that is carpet lint that came off my inline filter and that is my old grout brush not the one I use on grout. I left the machine dirty so Chad could check for leaks, not for your amusement. You can use my photo, I only get .45 cents a sqft, you must be high end.

Rex Tyus

Moser Bros. said:
Thanks for the fashion tips, they really helped my machine run better. I don't wear shorts that often, when I worked at Stanley and for another cleaner that's what we wore. I usually wear tan dickie pants and white shoes, the shoes last about a month if I'm lucky, so I recently switches to my old Air Force 1's and these are $80 shoes so they out lasted the white Sam's club brand. And the only black socks I own are dress socks that I wear a couple times a month with my suit when I'm prospecting commercial accounts, most of you guys probley don't even own a suit!

p.s. I was working with Chad that day and the only job I did was a property management job, so I didn't even need my uniform, thanks everybody the white sneakers have increased the suction in my machine.

p.s.s Yes that is carpet lint that came off my inline filter and that is my old grout brush not the one I use on grout. I left the machine dirty so Chad could check for leaks, not for your amusement. You can use my photo, I only get .45 cents a sqft, you must be high end.

Are you really that sensitive or are you just having fun like the rest of us? :?

I am sorry you unit is not working up to expectation. But I can't give you repair advice (any better than what Greenie suggested) from a picture. I can however tell when your shoes don't match your pants. :shock:

I know what it is like when things are not working properly and I feel for you if that is your case. But don't be insulted by the fashion tips it is all in good humor.

Moser Bros.

Rex Tyus said:
[quote="Moser Bros.":2thkli22]Thanks for the fashion tips, they really helped my machine run better. I don't wear shorts that often, when I worked at Stanley and for another cleaner that's what we wore. I usually wear tan dickie pants and white shoes, the shoes last about a month if I'm lucky, so I recently switches to my old Air Force 1's and these are $80 shoes so they out lasted the white Sam's club brand. And the only black socks I own are dress socks that I wear a couple times a month with my suit when I'm prospecting commercial accounts, most of you guys probley don't even own a suit!

Are you really that sensitive or are you just having fun like the rest of us? :?

I am sorry you unit is not working up to expectation. But I can't give you repair advice (any better than what Greenie suggested) from a picture. I can however tell when your shoes don't match your pants. :shock:

I know what it is like when things are not working properly and I feel for you if that is your case. But don't be insulted by the fashion tips it is all in good humor.[/quote:2thkli22]

Well It's better to hear it from you than for one of my customers to think I'm a slob when there handing over a $500 check.

Rex Tyus

Dude nobody said you didn't make money. We just thought you were color blind Or something.

But since you brought it up and your bank is that sweet, why don't you just take the POS to a shop and say "FIX THAT SUM BITCH", write them a check and get back to work. 8)

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
hey slob the fix on your tm is easy
sell it on ebay and get yourself a tnt or reactor , dont mind bout your shoes and socks after the ugly face nobody is gonna care about them

SuperFly

Blower filter looks pretty clogged up..! Nice looking Vans..! :D
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rex Tyus said:
Greenie said:

You don't know how close you are to nailing Curtis' fashion influence. PC is like little Ontario in the winter. :p

Black socks and shoes are in with shorts country boy BUT black socks and sandals are a snowbird kanadian red flag....not cool...I personally wear black nike shox with black ankle nike soks everday it flows good trust me and many people do wear them locally down here. White sox or tan ones with black shoes looks pathetic and that comes from my fashion designer...get out of the 80's fellas...LMAO

admiralclean said:
The women in my family are now telling me that it is no longer cool to wear ANY socks when you are wearing shorts.

I like the white socks, but it ain't worth arguing about.

OMG alaBamA fashion tips...priceless...

Name
Bill Soukoreff
C Pennington said:
[quote="Rex Tyus":kcy7jdvr]
Greenie said:

Black socks and shoes are in with shorts country boy BUT black socks and sandals are a snowbird kanadian red flag....not cool...I personally wear black nike shox with black ankle nike soks everday it flows good trust me and many people do wear them locally down here. White sox or tan ones with black shoes looks pathetic and that comes from my fashion designer...get out of the 80's fellas...LMAO[/quote:kcy7jdvr]

Why do you think we send them to the States for 6 months out of every year. We need a break up here.

Name
Nate W.
admiralclean said:
One day last summer, I went to work with white socks and sandals on.

My daughter saw me at the gas station and called her Mom.

It was hell to pay about 5 minutes later.

I thought I looked cool.

You need yourself some Housers. You know, the ones the mexicans wear with their knee high white socks.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Kevin P said:
First thing,add a little giant on the end,if you bump it up, it will get hotter than you will need,2nd,if you can use another form of filtration on the inline(maybe a bag in the entry to the tank?)those inlines Do resrtrict,and run that 4mp to 16hg,other than redoing the whole thing.

Before you go adding a little giant propane water heater see if this machine has a check valve that dumps hot water into the waste tank at a preset temp if it does it might be defective and dumping to early.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom