Cobbs Blacklight...

Able 1

Name
Keith
8) Very cool! I am trying to get my prop. owners/managers to buy them so I don't have to come out myself to look at apts. to see if there saveable.. If I can't get them to bite, I might buy them for them with a contract that I will give them one to use if I am there "go to" carpet cleaner(good idea?) and give them back if they move on.

My sell to them is "You can make the money up with there security deposit".. They need to have one though regardless, at least for MY sanity..

With Cobbs light you can find urine at the outer most point of the beam and at least look more professional to your custy when they tell you there was one "accident" and the room lights up like a Christmas tree.

BTW this black light is seriously crazy strong and you should use the UV protective glasses also available on Cobbs site.

Good work on this light Larry!!!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I would not think they would want to bother doing it themselves. Most want to MANAGE problem solvers to do it for them.

Good luck with them safeguarding and maintaining your property too.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Goomer said:
I would not think they would want to bother doing it themselves. Most want to MANAGE problem solvers to do it for them.

Well, I see what your saying... They do a walk through when a tenant leaves what would be better then packing UV? They know I will save anything except extreme urine damage(high end apts), so it would save me a trip.. Job is also over $25,000 a year so I have a little incentive to getting them one.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
did ya see my post showing it in action???

they are crazy good

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Able 1 said:
Goomer said:

Well, I see what your saying... They do a walk through when a tenant leaves what would be better then packing UV? They know I will save anything except extreme urine damage(high end apts), so it would save me a trip.. Job is also over $25,000 a year so I have a little incentive to getting them one.

I guess it could be a good idea if they REALLY like the idea and you believe they will follow through.

I would wonder if they would be able to interpret what they see correctly??

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Larry always talks about doing stain removal with his dc powder brightener. That is basically powdered peroxide right? (percarbonate?)

ANybody knows how this light would work/react with srtaight up liquide 40 volume peroxide?

Mist it on some old urine yellow and aim the light on it for a minute?? Would that work or would his powder brightener work better?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Zee said:
Larry always talks about doing stain removal with his dc powder brightener. That is basically powdered peroxide right? (percarbonate?)

ANybody knows how this light would work/react with srtaight up liquide 40 volume peroxide?

Mist it on some old urine yellow and aim the light on it for a minute?? Would that work or would his powder brightener work better?

The light would work very well with our Dynachem Liquid Brightener . . .

which is 40 volume peroxide with stabilizer and penetrant.

Our best product for urine is our Dynachem Odor Attack . . .

which combines percarbonate with an actual compatible enzyme.

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/ind...search_in_description=1&keyword="odor+attack"

Thanks for the comments on the UV lights.

We recently got a new shipment of UV LED's,

which are 10% stronger than the ones we had previously.

Larry

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
OK so if i wana get a light next week, will that be the same or the new 10% stronger light?

Is the powder brigthener something that would have a stronger shelf life Larry?

what IS your recommendation on what product to use then?
Powder Brightener? Liquide? Dynachem Odor Attack? Use the light with either or? Which are these compatible with Powermax?

Your answers are sometime creating more doubts/questions than answers. (like the always debatable powermax dilution ratios...8oz to gallon pump up which would be an insane amount in a hydroforce at 9:1 etc....your answer was it depends on what machine one uses.)

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Zee said:
OK so if i wana get a light next week, will that be the same or the new 10% stronger light?

Is the powder brightener something that would have a stronger shelf life Larry?

what IS your recommendation on what product to use then?
Powder Brightener? Liquide? Dynachem Odor Attack? Use the light with either or? Which are these compatible with Powermax?
All the UV lights have had the new stronger LED's for several weeks now.

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=1384

My recommendation is Odor Attack for urine stains.

My recommendation is DC Powder Brightener for dye & mustard stains.

Thanks;

Larry

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Hey Larry
I bought one of your UV lights back in 05 or 06 at Connections, looks about the same size and same battery. Is it possible to swap out the bulb? Or is it better to buy a whole new light?
The second light looks just like the light I bought at Costco, has a Cree LED, 170lumen. Looks like the bulb is build in though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom