Cobbs carpet supply very bad customer service again.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I hate to write this review…………. But I am so ticked off. Everyone needs to know..

I’ll start from the beginning…..

1.5 years ago I ordered a new Bentley wand from Larry… I got the wand and it had clearly been used.. There was hair in the glide and was filthy. I called.. They gave me a $75.00 credit..

So on.. 2-9-11 I called and decided to use my credit. I ordered a propane gauge and a 2 inch lint hog.. The man said he would call me back with a price and get it shipped out… no call.. The next day I called and they said they couldn’t find a price or part number for the propane gauge.. I looked it up on their site and gave them the price and number.. So he said he would call back later with a price.. Still no call the next day on Friday I called and a young woman said.They figured it out…. She was un proffesional and laughing in the background with another employee. She put me on hold. Then came back and said.. These guys were messing with her.. Very rude…….. So still I didn’t get a call with a price… so she gave me one finally when I called back.. Said it would be shipped out Monday morning….. So Monday….. I checked my bank and my card still had not been ran…I called and Talked to Larry. He kind of apologized but not really.. Then I find out that the lint hog was not in stock……… so I get a call back on Tuesday. (they told me when I ordered it was in stock) They said it would be drop shipped from mytee.. I got my propane gauge last week… so yesterday I called mytee. To ask about it.( they have great service by the way!) They told me they only send them out in packs of 4 and cobbs would send it… fine. I call cobbs this morning.. They say…. Oh no they are drop shipping it.. They said they would do it this time…. LOL so then cobbs calls back and tells me they sent it already.. LOL they don’t have a clue whats going on.. They have sent it to the wrong address. So I need to go by my old office and look for it.. They say I should have it by Monday…… WE will see!!!!!!!!!!!so by the time I get it it will be almost 3 weeks since I have ordered it..

Lary helps out a lot on the forum……….. But I think he needs to get his staff together.. I have been on the phone many times and just am an unhappy camper….

F

FB7777

First, I totally agree about Mytee top shelf customer support. I've emailed several times and always gotten a fast response

Second, I can only speak about my distributor Pembertons , again top shelf customer support . If they don't have it they won't jerk you around with excuses... and they ship super fast

Emailed Cobbs a couple years back about a wand and never got a reply or a call... when I did call, the sales rep was not helpful or informed.

For me, if Pemberton's can't get what I need , I'd try John Olson... another stand up guy that will tell it like it is and if he don't know , he won't BS you and he'll get back to you.

There's other options Joey, if you ain't satisfied, move on

Scott Rogers

unfortunately I had a similar experience with Cobb this week.

Also had similar experiences with other suppliers.

We need to face the facts they really dont give a crap about our needs. And communication is asking way too much. An emergency order whether last minute chem order or parts to get you back up and running have no urgency on their part. you get it when the send it attitude.

This is about all suppliers I have dealt from JonDon down to the small guys. With the only exception being Joe Bristor.

Jondon refuses to give shipping charges till after the order is shipped and they always seem to split the order up from multiple stores which greatly increases the shipping cost.

I could rant for hours on this subject!!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joeynbgky said:
Lary helps out a lot on the forum……….. But I think he needs to get his staff together.

maybe things aren't as "well formulated" as they should be.... :lol: :lol:

dude, let me give you some sound advise you can take to the bank ,

PEMBERTONS

one of the BEST outfits in the biz

Not sure that he carries much, if any Mytee crAp though

I got my Lint Hog from Magic Wand not too long ago.
I posted on a Lint Hog thread some weeks ago for any "advertising" disty that had them to PM me

a few days latter I got a call from DeeDee (Taf and DeeDee are the OWNERS of Magic Wand)
How cool is that for a little bitty BD like me to get a call from the OWNER of a large supply Co..... 8)

We had a wonderful conversation , BTW
We eventually got around to confirming the order, (I had concerns about $hipping costs from California)
She told me they had a Chicago facility...cool, ship it!
then I remembered to ask for 2.5" Hog.
Turns out they only had 2" in their Chicago facility ...so they shipped one from California at NO additional shipping charge

a simple little thing like NOT charging me the rest of shipping charge (which i would of had no problem with paying) , made me a cheerleader .
and of coarse it arrived in a timely manner just as promised .... !gotcha!

..L.T.A.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Anyone what to by a 2” “titanium” wand I got from Cobbs? It will leave carpets bone dry in two days or less.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have ordered form john and magicwand.. both are excellent.. I just wanted to use up my credit. or i would have ordered from one of those two...... John is very helpfull and dee dee is awesome too..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ACE said:
It will leave carpets bone dry in two days or less.

:shock:

is that the newer PMF made Ti wand?

I asked about them shortly after they hit the market
word on the street from "inside" sources wasn't too favorable

i don't think Larry's a bad guy, he's like 83.94% of all disty/suppliers...they don't know sheet about "real world" use of the products they sell.
They rely on feed back from BD's ..of which 92.18% of them don't know squat or playing with their tools for 15 minutes on their showroom floor

..L.T.A.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
meAt said:
ACE said:
It will leave carpets bone dry in two days or less.

:shock:

is that the newer PMF made Ti wand?

I asked about them shortly after they hit the market
word on the street from "inside" sources wasn't too favorable

i don't think Larry's a bad guy, he's like 83.94% of all disty/suppliers...they don't know sheet about "real world" use of the products they sell.
They rely on feed back from BD's ..of which 92.18% of them don't know squat or playing with their tools for 15 minutes on their showroom floor

..L.T.A.

I think( :mrgreen: ) John liked having me there for the short while that I was. When his customers would walk in, and he'd educate or recommend something I could confirm what he was saying beings I was a cleaner. I know many have that mentality that most suppliers don't know what it is they're selling, but John really does. I know hes recommending things he makes less on to his customers just because thats the type of guy he is, as others have mentioned.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hoody said:
but John really does. I know hes recommending things he makes less on to his customers just because thats the type of guy he is, as others have mentioned.

I like John and consider him nothing but a straight shooter.
Is he still touting that over priced plastic headed nEw agE wand from Sapphire SciEntiFiC ???? :shock:

..L.T.A.

Walt

Huh.

I've only ordered from Cobb twice. Eco Clean Idaho (my buddy) has ordered from them a number of times. So far good service and great prices. I'd buy from Cobb any day. Plus their accent is a hoot.

I don't doubt you experience for a moment but thought it would only be fair to offer mine.

Walt

meAt said:
Hoody said:
but John really does. I know hes recommending things he makes less on to his customers just because thats the type of guy he is, as others have mentioned.

I like John and consider him nothing but a straight shooter.
Is he still touting that over priced plastic headed nEw agE wand from Sapphire SciEntiFiC ???? :shock:

..L.T.A.

I can't tell you how bad I want that wand to work. When it worked it was deep cleaning and very efficient.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
never had a problem...but i am only ordering power maxx (so they damn well better have that in stock :shock: :shock: )

but i ALWAYS talk to 1 person if possible...Jerry is my acct rep....and he does a great job..

it seems to me when things get tossed back and forth, or from rep to rep that things fall apart....non the less...i hope Larry can nip it in the butt

maybe have secret shoppers or something

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Walt said:
I can't tell you how bad I want that wand to work. When it worked it was deep cleaning and very efficient.

it's an over priced joke, Walt
They should be ashamed putting that plastic POS out on the market at that ridiculous price .
Less tool savvy knowledgeable and easy going, trusting "good souls" like you get hosed

they could make it out of quality materials , instead they went cheap CHEAP CHEAP and gouged the shit out you guys on the price

same for their new upl tool, though i have much less of a problem with a plastic upl tool, cause they don't get near the abuse a floor wand does
but i don't GAS if it's the greatest tool in world, i won't pay $500 for FIVE DOLLARS worth of material

..L.T.A.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
been ordering for 5 years and only a few small issues..nothing big
just business..i cant live with out the powermax or the dye stain remover
i also deal with a direct rep..ed is my guy and always knows me and what
i usually order and reminds me when i have not ordered something in a while
to make sure i am not running low..

Walt

meAt said:
Walt said:

it's an over priced joke, Walt
They should be ashamed putting that plastic POS out on the market at that ridiculous price .
Less tool savvy knowledgeable and easy going, trusting "good souls" like you get hosed

they could make it out of quality materials , instead they went cheap CHEAP CHEAP and gouged the shit out you guys on the price

same for their new upl tool, though i have much less of a problem with a plastic upl tool, cause they don't get near the abuse a floor wand does
but i don't GAS if it's the greatest tool in world, i won't pay $500 for FIVE DOLLARS worth of material

..L.T.A.[/quote

I tried it out - I don't own it. So, thankfully not hosed. Agreed they need to seriously rework it if they want it to be a serious wand. I think the technology behind it is sound. However, the glide sucks. Roto is not the way to go on a head. Loved the efficiency. Much faster than a ti wand and cleans as deep. I don't understand why it would be hard to engineer a better model in a couple of months.

Don't care what anyone says about the upholstery tool. I own a glided pc, pmf internal and external jetted tools, and a drimaster. It's cleans more evenly and faster than any of those. Plastic as cheap as it is makes it light which is a blessing.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Joey;

I have to respond with other side of the story . . .

You posted on another board, about how you could not find the "propane gauge" from many distributors you called.

I saw the post, and responded that we had the gauge in stock.

You agreed to the order, but insisted on having the exact shipping charge.

The part was an obscure item (out of several thousand we stock),
that only a couple of people knew the location of.

Since the shipping department was not familiar with the part,
they did not have a weight to figure the exact shipping weight.

The Lint Hogs we had in stock were 2.5" inlet, instead of the 2" size you wanted.

We called Mytee and asked if they could waive their 4 minimum order, in order to drop ship one to you.

They initially thought they could, but after waiting a full day for a final decision, they reversed their position
& said the 4 minimum case had to be shipped to our location.

The 2" Lint Hogs arrived today, and we shipped yours out today also.

Our receptionist, Sabrina, is very professional . .
and maintains she was not laughing at you.

Larry

P.S. The Bentley Teflon wand glide had collected some static charge and soil,
but it had never been used. We should have cleaned it before shipping.
I thought the $75 credit was more than fair.

Thanks Walt and Dave

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
why would not u call the manufacture of your truck mount first???

my gauge fell off and my manufacture sent me a new one free of charge

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
heyyyy wth...walt and dave get a thanks but i get none???

ok thats it i require a free pail of Power max on my next order !gotcha!

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
She was not laughing at me!! she was laughing wigth others in the back ground... nto about me.. and yes i calle dyou because you said u had it.. and no............... it was not all about the shipping charge.. i dont know who told u that. yes i wanted a ttoal price but after 4 days i got it.. i didnt care if they charged my card and shipped it just give me a price.. i didt just want a shipping price i wanted an order price.. So i did talk to you.... but then had more problems..... and btw sabrina said she was laughing cause "the guys" were messing with her.. now>........................ the older lady i spoke with was pleasant

I will not mention names............. but i have gotten several pms from others saying they had similar problems

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
You should be ticked off cause your staff is not telling you the whole story...

I gave you the benefit of the doubt i spoke with you..... then i had more problems after our conversation.. I never should have been told the 2 inch was in stock.... and then 4 days later counting the weekend it was not.. anything else.. i think not

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Larry they told me it was the demo and the last wand they had in stock at that time. if i knew that i would not have ordered it.... and come on it had dirt in the tube it was used

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Here's the deal, I don't usually do this, but I find quite "amusing" that some of you come on here to defend a supplier that clearly has problems with customer service. Just because you haven't dealt with that personally, does not mean things are fine and dandy. It's up to people like us to point out things we see wrong w/ a company, and hopefully they'll work on it. there is NO reason for others to come on here to defend Larry or his supply store, when all Joey is doing is sharing the TRUTH. If you always got your shipment on time and everything worked out great, well everyone is happy for you guys, but one person had enough and you make him look like the bad guy. That's really shaddy.

I also had several issues with Cobbs, not Larry personally (he's helpful on the boards), eventually Jerry (who is the only person I talk to there) came thru (like Joey the customer service needs MAJOR improvement). No one is bashing Larry or the lady that picks up the phone. But to tell clients on the phone "yes we have it in stock" than we have to wait weeks for it, is in my opinion ridiculous. I've personally PM Larry about it after waiting a month for something they told me was in stock, when I called, they didn't know who I was, were all confused, said they're going to call me back, never did, I called back, and still got the run around.

The bottom line is simple, if you're a supplier learn from other suppliers about TRUE customer service, instead of opening an argument on a message board w/ an existing unsatisfied client (REGARDLESS of the issue), why not just take care of it before it escalates? Do You not have any idea how many people lurk and never post yet see your reply? I've called many other suppliers in the past, and they either sent me the same product right away (on time, not 2 weeks later), or PAID for the shipping back to them, and sent me what I ordered in the first place. Lastly, just about every supplier that I've ordered I get my orders in 5 business days or less, this has yet to be the case with Cobbs, I'm assuming they don't carry the products in stock, and have to have to it direct shipped, that's fine, BUT it would work out much better if they communicated this with clients so we're not waiting over a week when every other supplier delivers 1-5 max.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nope i agree....and like i said i hope Larry takes these and chews on his staff a bit....

i have no idea how much internet biz he does....but losing any biz at this point is crazy...

also....ALWAYS try to talk to just 1 person...get a name and stick to that person...

hey 2 + for Jerry... I think Larry should buy him and his wife dinner

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Jerry was who i talked to a few times as well.. he was pleasant on the phone. I can say that. I think I did go abou tit the right way......... I called and asked questions. I even called mytee. So as you can see from all of my posts I have never talked bad about a supplier... In fact when i get good service i start a thread about it..

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Oh and i love how i got a pm from someone saying im a moron Burtz.......... post it here no need to pm me and tell me im a moron for posting this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom