Cobbs carpet supply very bad customer service again.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it called staying a head of the game........it does not matter if it is cobb or anyone else.....you have a business to run and having the knowledge that nothing runs perfect...if you don't want to get bit in the ass.....make sure that you have everything lined up....that is not policing....thats just good business.........

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I've ordered from Larry for years.
Every order I have placed has always arrived on time.
I have never had to police or check on a order yet.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ofer Kolton said:
[quote="Albert Lazo":2x7n2sl0]I buy some stuff from Cobbs, good stuff at good prices. Few things I've learned is 1. some of the staff may not know a lot about some of the products. They at times may have pretended to know...lol. 2. If you're in a hurry to receive your order call the day after ordering and see if it got shipped. I know this should be done without checking up but it's the way I do it. If ordering more then one thing and I'm in a hurry for something I tell them to ship what they have right away and not to wait for the order to complete to ship.

I'll keep buying from them.

Albert
Gees Albert and Jim,
It sounds more like a police procedure than a purchase order :oops:
I'd rather spend more $ somewhere else than 'police' my supplier.

I don't get it guys.
Do your clients have to hound you to show up on the agreed day and time?
I know they don't.
Don't you expect the same from your suppliers?

I guess not. :p[/quote:2x7n2sl0]

no but you need to police your custys....so why not make sure the stuff you need to do your job is there on time as well???

and everybody has issues...our tax people are usually right on it...this year..they been off...dunno why, but its taken a few more weeks this year, then in times past...

like i said..get a sales rep and stay with him....Jerry has done great for me....even called me back when he wasnt sure on something....

much like getting jobs......find that 1 person to talk to and deal ONLY with them...wait if you have to...but ONLY ONE PERSON

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I've ordered from, to name just a few: ProLine, Carpet maintenance supply, Vacaway, Jondon, John Olson.

Never had to, not even once, call and remind them.
Never had to ask to deal with only one person.
Never had to hold their hands either.

If you don't mind doing it, you are a better person than I am.

Everybody can make mistakes, we all do, when it's a pattern........
I guess to each his own :p

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
John olsen, jondon magic wand. spraymaster........ mytee, even Namco!!!!! did i just say Namco? I did.... LMAO interlink......... and a few others i have never had a problem from!! ordered from cobbs twice and problems each time

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Jim Martin said:
it called staying a head of the game........it does not matter if it is cobb or anyone else.....you have a business to run and having the knowledge that nothing runs perfect...if you don't want to get bit in the ass.....make sure that you have everything lined up....that is not policing....thats just good business.........

jim is the kind of guy I would let clean my own carpets.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Cobb's Custy Service

Well, Cobbs has NEVER dissed me in any way.
They've NEVER been late with a shipment.
They've NEVER told me they could get me something and then didn't come thru for me.
They've NEVER told me they had something in stock and then called me later to say they didn't.
They've NEVER took an order from me and failed to get it to me on the day they promised.
Cobbs has NEVER, EVER lied to me in any way and I have absolutely NOTHING bad to say about them ..................course, I've never ordered from them either. So, as far as I'm concerned, they 're AWESOME!!!!

I'll let you know how it pans out later after I place an order. Until then, they're the BEST!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: shiteatinggrin :lol:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
First of all meat. I wasn not the one to put a new post and take it to the top. Someone else did. Check on that why dont u. Just responding to them. So before u say sumin smart look at the thread might as well keep it open cause it helps others out

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Ive never had any problems getting what I want from Cobb Carpet supply. Course I just walk in and get stuff off the shelf and take it to the register. Always a good product at a fair price. It does help to know what your looking for. :roll: And Larry is an EXpert in many CC areas especially chemicals. :mrgreen:

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
This is a repost of what I posted yesterday, some how my post did not go thru yesterday.

Well here is the update. I received my Monkey Pads today as well as the promised free set of 5” pads and a sample of Power Max. I did end up paying for shipping even after I was told they were going to cover it to make up for the mess up, I got my stuff a week later than promised but it’s not the end of the world. If their Power Max is really good I am in trouble cause the guys at Cobb will probably not sell me any LOL.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Learn your lesson like I did when it comes to this board, if you ever have any bad experience "refrain" from posting on here, because people will make fun of you and make it look like you're the problem, as we can see over and over again they're still doing that, when people are trying to share their experience yet others want to bash them just because they got "lucky". There are soo many other suppliers, but the best part about this thread is the owner of the supply co hasn't even stood up and said anything about his "customer service" (I'm sure because of his other cheerleaders are backing him up, if that's the case, that's laughable). Seriously, if I had this type of service where I had to call them the next day to make sure the order was sent I'd be out of business, not every business get's it, and the people that keep kissing ass, that is sure getting old. The point of the thread is not the " cobb's products" we all know they're good, it's called customer service or lack their off "at times", get the people trained, or maybe the owner needs it too? Who really knows, can't be that difficult, obviously ALL the other suppliers get it, and do it everyday.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
This place is just like Yelp.
Valuable , yet imperfect.

Suppliers get feedback. Most of it is justified and every once in a while there are some unfair ones (the 'squeakies') . Most of the regulars know how to differentiate between the two.

The way a supplier responds to those complaints tells you quite a lot about them.

When you see quite a few independent threads about the same supplier, regarding dis-satisfaction, that is some serious smoke. Maybe there is some fire behind it. Maybe someone has a vendetta (unlikely but possible.) But it is certainly a pattern.

Ignore if you wish.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jim Martin said:

That is called "being willing to put up with mediocre service" , Jim. Not good business.

Keeping track of your inventory (to avoid your ass being bitten, in your case) and making sure you have the products you need makes sense.

I assume that you are willing to put up with it, because you think the products is good and because you like the price.

Maybe you are practicing turning the other cheek. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_the_other_cheek

However, don't call having to re call your supplier back to make sure that your order has been shipped, good business.

Cause it ain't.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ofer Kolton said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_the_other_cheek[/url]

However, don't call having to re call your supplier back to make sure that your order has been shipped, good business.

Cause it ain't.[/quote:1qhc10nu]

guess it all depends on how far you want to take it...I will do the same thing with people who give me great service if it is something that I know I have to have to keep going.........the reality of the real world is that I am not the only person that people send things to and people are far from perfect........but I am the one that has to pay my bills....so I always stay way ahead and don't waste to much time thinking the world only revolves around me.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
tmdry said:
Learn your lesson like I did when it comes to this board, if you ever have any bad experience "refrain" from posting on here, because people will make fun of you and make it look like you're the problem, as we can see over and over again they're still doing that, when people are trying to share their experience yet others want to bash them just because they got "lucky". There are soo many other suppliers, but the best part about this thread is the owner of the supply co hasn't even stood up and said anything about his "customer service" (I'm sure because of his other cheerleaders are backing him up, if that's the case, that's laughable). Seriously, if I had this type of service where I had to call them the next day to make sure the order was sent I'd be out of business, not every business get's it, and the people that keep kissing ass, that is sure getting old. The point of the thread is not the " cobb's products" we all know they're good, it's called customer service or lack their off "at times", get the people trained, or maybe the owner needs it too? Who really knows, can't be that difficult, obviously ALL the other suppliers get it, and do it everyday.

I agree....

and i think Larry needs to stick his nose out here and explain why there are issues (sounds like his inventory system sucks bad)

On a side note, i ordered online from a place the 1st time on Fri afternoon. Knowing my stuff wasnt going out till Mon. I still called to make sure they got it and it was going out as planned...

its kind of like checks from businesses.....if you dont call and make sure there are no problems (no not the next day, but like a week later) then when 30 days (or what ever your terms are) comes up, and they say "oh we needed blah blah blah" no you just wasted 30 days, and have no one to blame but yourself...

Most of my clients I get paid in a certain time....and if it aint there, then i am calling....MOST times, its the postal service being a few days late....some times, they forgot, or hell i even forgot to send it to them (my program doesnt show if i emailed it or not :x :x :x ) its in the system, just wasnt emailed to them

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Jim Martin said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_the_other_cheek[/url]

Cause it ain't.[/quote:20ywf66w]

guess it all depends on how far you want to take it...I will do the same thing with people who give me great service if it is something that I know I have to have to keep going.........the reality of the real world is that I am not the only person that people send things to and people are far from perfect........but I am the one that has to pay my bills....so I always stay way ahead and don't waste to much time thinking the world only revolves around me.....[/quote:20ywf66w]

That, my friend, is a sad SAD moment :cry: :cry: :cry:

Up till this very post Jim, I was 100% sure the world did revolve around you.
You broke my heart!

I'll tell you what.
I am just going to ignore your confession.
For me you still are and always will be infallible.

The world makes no sense otherwise.

:p I already feel better.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Joe Brister just saved me 70.08 on my last order, paid 85.30 for products that go for 155.00 else where. Shipped on time and even looked out for my best interest as far as shipping cost.

I really don't know how he makes money, but who am I to question? :mrgreen:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
AJ RUIZ;

I just saw this thread.

I did not receive your PM on this board.

Well I hate to be another complainer but I just ordered from Cobb for the first time a few weeks ago. I read about them here on the site but did not run across this post. I was looking into marble polishing and saw some of Larry’s post and he seem to know a bit. I called and he or one of his reps ( I am not sure) was very helpful. I got quoted $375.00 on a set of 20” in stock monkey pads with a set of free smaller pads. I kept telling him I preferred the 7” pads for the smaller free set and he told me that he thought he had the 7” but maybe the 5” instead. Ok but kept insinuating he may have the 7” to which I told him is was what I needed. I gave them CC number and placed the order. I would have usually got these from my reg. supplier Superior but cobb had the pads for 25 bucks cheaper and included a free set of smaller pads so I figured why not give them a try (sorry Superior you guys are great, next time). Well about 2 hrs later when I am at a jobsite I get a call from cobb telling me they made a mistake and he gave me the price for a set of 17” monkey pads and the 20” set was actually 400.00. I was kind of pist because I told him several times I needed the 20” set. I did not have the time to deal with new price at the time; I needed the pads for the following week for a job and didn’t have anymore time to deal with shopping around for the pads especially since I thought I had already handled it. I told him fine but I need them for next week I placed order on a wed. And was told to expect the pads by tues of the next week as well as a set of 7” smaller pads. That all being handled and him offering a sample of prespray I was cool.

Well come thurs of the following week I still have no pads? I called and was told the pads were back ordered an they would be in on fri. I asked why if I was told the pads where in stock. I forget what excuse they gave but he said if they came in on fri he would ship them. Well fri came and I go a call that it would cost 100.00 to ship over night, I asked him are asking me if I am going to pay 100.00 for shipping, I hope not. He got a bit quite as if he realized how stupid the question sounded. So bottom line I explained that this was no longer a sale for profit but a customer satisfaction and first impression of his business sale/issue. Well he offered to give me the pads and the 5” set of free pads (7” pads he does not have, He should have known that no 7” pads available on day one) and that he would pay for shipping. Ok what else can I do at this point I will look forward to my pads and I will reschedule my work for next week. I just checked my CC statement they billed 420.00 so if the pads were 400.00 why the 20.00. Prob shipping I guess, so much for free shipping.
First a little background on some of the factors currently influencing our industry.

1. Several important national vendors are unable to ship us products at this time.
[Unsmoke cannot ship Microban X-580 for an undetermined amount of time.]
[d-Limonene (orange solvent) is on "allocation", and has tripled in price if you can get it.]
[Major Airmover mfg. has motor delay for 4 weeks]

2. Other vendors have been very slow to ship products, usually due to financial concerns.
[Witness the loss of several TM vendors in the last year.]
[Fragrance manufacturers have been very slow to ship product]

3. We stock several thousand items in our 45,000' warehouse,
and there will inevitably be some out-of-stock items.

I do not know the actual cause of the Monkey Pad delay (Innovative slow shipment)

Now, on your question of the free 5" pads with the Monkey Pads.

95% of our "Monkey Pad" customers use the 17" size.
That is "no excuse" for our mistake concerning the size you wanted.

The account rep (Jerry) was in error here.
5" pads are the only ones available in the promotion (no longer valid).
We have always had the 7" pads, but they were never included in the promo.

I will refund the $20 you were charged for shipping
(accounting error, credited 4/20/11).

Hopefully, the PowerMax will work well for you,

and we can earn your trust back.

Larry

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I always like reading Larry's responses. Cool, calm and collected.

I'm with Mikey P. in a way. I would order Powermax from the devil if I had to. I'm gonna have to try that acid cleaner he's talkin' about.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Dirk said:
I always like reading Larry's responses. Cool, calm and collected.

I'm with Mikey P. in a way. I would order Powermax from the devil if I had to. I'm gonna have to try that acid cleaner he's talkin' about.

yup

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Thanks for your responce Larry, I will pm you my responce. No need to continue here i am sorry the thread got out of hand that was not my intention.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
AJ RUIZ said:
Thanks for your responce Larry, I will pm you my responce. No need to continue here i am sorry the thread got out of hand that was not my intention.

Don't rely on PM's to get messages through to suppliers.
There are too many boards to keep track of.

Sometimes you just need to pick up the phone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom