Cobbs unit truckmount?

Lonny

Supportive Member
Ouch, kinda makes a comparison fairly impossible.

Lonny

Supportive Member
45 Blower, 20-25 hp motor, easy to work on, stainless heat exchanger, no propane or kero.
Can be mentioned on the board.

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
I have the 2045 unit for over 5 years no problems. I had other units at double the price, built by the big guys. Cobb was the best pick. The units are simple and easy to use. Just ask me oh yea I just turned 74 on sat, so even with oldtimers I can clean without problems thanks to Cobb. jz.
Wow !! 74 seriously ? Thats awesome :biggrin:

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Both those Texas builders make a simple and reliable machine without the cost of the big name brands so just call them both for a demo and compare the units. I would also consider a Judson if simple is what you are looking for.

A.J.

Name
A.J. Hodges
I've had cobbs one for a few months. The simplicity is very relaxing. It will need another muffler, Get a wand bypass otherwise you always have "Oh god am i overheating" in the back of your mind when you need to move something. It's hits 250 fast when you set it down. My only Issue ive had is they had a bad bath of hoses there were over crimmed on the ends and almost burst like right a way. Had bubbles on the ends. Easy fix. Other than that the Kohler either gets to much fuel or not enough air so I've been running without an air filter for a little while...

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
It looks like I'm on the verge of purchasing one of Larry Cobb's machines. I've been talking to Larry and Marie getting answers to questions.

Reactions: Art Kelley

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If you want a bullet proof machine buy the aluminum 24 hp Honda with a number 4 mr blower.

We have many on the property management side with over 5000 hours on them.

DO NOT BUY THAT ONE IN YOUR LINK!!!! Buy the aluminum version that is a true dynachem unit not a rebranded Wichita Falls unit.

A dynachem unit need only one thing and that is common sense. So it is not for everyone.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
If you want a bullet proof machine buy the aluminum 24 hp Honda with a number 4 mr blower.

We have many on the property management side with over 5000 hours on them.

DO NOT BUY THAT ONE IN YOUR LINK!!!! Buy the aluminum version that is a true dynachem unit not a rebranded Wichita Falls unit.

A dynachem unit need only one thing and that is common sense. So it is not for everyone.
Would you also choose the 24 hp Honda unit over this one?

Name
jack zerkie
I forgot to say my unit has the mytee roto mold recovery tank only 80 -90 gallons, but wow easy to keep clean and no smell.Mine mount behind the front seats or right side looking in. The noise is very loud from the engine. I went to a private muffler shop and he added another muffler under the right side of the van a bullet style like Cobb uses with the factory set up much quieter for about $200. parts and install and well worth it. jz.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I forgot to say my unit has the mytee roto mold recovery tank only 80 -90 gallons, but wow easy to keep clean and no smell.Mine mount behind the front seats or right side looking in. The noise is very loud from the engine. I went to a private muffler shop and he added another muffler under the right side of the van a bullet style like Cobb uses with the factory set up much quieter for about $200. parts and install and well worth it. jz.

pics?

Reactions: dgardner

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Would you also choose the 24 hp Honda unit over this one?

Yes the Honda is just what you need to push the 4mr and General pump. This is a no frills just simple unit that produces good heat and suction.

I would demand a clean out port on the front of unit for waste tank clean out and I would have the put a pump clutch on the unit for ease of use during extraction.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS_sBjMiERdU_-oZqFTbfFaVnomANt5udirhqopPqOJMYrbIOr.jpg

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I gotta tell ya .. Im quite impressed that youre slingin furniture and scrubbing carpet at your age. I just turned 48 and there are days where Im looking for a cane at the end of my day. Im curious as to what you look like. I would love to move along as long as I can but cant imagine Id have the strength. Do clean with a helper?

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom