Cold calling residential

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I don't know a thing about cold calling but I'd like to to get busier and I was wondering if that might be an effective way to generate business.I was thinking residential.
I'm good on the phone generally and I have the time to do it.
I suppose I should have some kind of a script. Any pointers for that? What's a good template to follow?
When you guys call,do you just open up the phone book and start at letter A? Or is there a better way to go about it?
Are there phone lists I can get for specific neighborhoods?
When is the best time to call?
I know there is a do-not-call list and I don't want to violate any laws. How can I stay out of trouble as far as that goes?
Are there people you can hire to make those calls?
Is that a good idea?
Some of these questions might be kind of stupid but I really don't know anything about it. I used to sell vaccuum cleaners door to door so approaching people is not hard for me but cold calling is new territory.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I don't know about calling people. Most people have just cell phones now. That just makes people like me mad. Maybe try some door hangers. I've had good luck with them on this side of the state.

Name
Ron lippold
Get some of those cleaning bucks at 25 % off and type up a nice letter explaining your system and services and send those out, way better value....

Neil King

Name
Neil King
If you have the motivation to cold call then you should have the motivation to go door to door. People are less likely to be rude to you in person and you'll book a few jobs a day if you look sharp and have a good presentation.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
If you have the motivation to cold call then you should have the motivation to go door to door. People are less likely to be rude to you in person and you'll book a few jobs a day if you look sharp and have a good presentation.
Agreed. Obviously door to door is time intensive so you want to get the odds in your favor. HERE is one of the best ways I've ever found to break through the initial rejection.

Steve

PS Or HERE is a recent question I answered from a Texas carpet cleaner who wanted to knock on 4300 doors in a nearby town. Now that takes some serious gumption. (And shoe leather!)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I used of program of visiting target homes in areas I wanted to work. This was a great help in growing my business in the early years. Kept a clean shirt in the van and made a few stops each evening after completing the days work. This was usually a good time to find people at home.

If you would like to read my report on "Farming" it has all the details. Send me an email and ask put farming or marketing in the subject line. scottw@bridgewatercorp.net

Back
Top Bottom