Cole's Online Scheduling nugget from M9F

Mikey P

Administrator
was probably the most exciting idea I got from his class, but for the life of me I can't figure out how I would get Mrs Piftlenton.0 to schedule with out her knowing the price a head of time.

Greg any ideas for us square footers?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
nvm, i misread the question :redface:

Last edited:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
was probably the most exciting idea I got from his class, but for the life of me I can't figure out how I would get Mrs Piftlenton.0 to schedule with out her knowing the price a head of time.

Greg any ideas for us square footers?

I honestly don't know enough about your business model to answer that but will take a stab at it.

Assume the customer "might" know their room size. have your designer write a basic html or whatever programming language they use to allow them to input the square footage and have it applied to a multiplier. (perhaps a $100 program)
for example

name:
addy:
phone
zip
email
# of rooms to be cleaned ( this variable would create a dorp down where the customer could input the approxiamte room size) customer answer: 2 rooms

[dro down]
room 1 10x12 120sf@ $.93 per sf. ( Mike's new price) $111.60
room 2 4x6 24@ .93 per sf 22.32

subtotal: $133.92

Date: time <am> <pm>

* Note: Prices are subject to change as exact measurements will be taken upon arrival. Furntiure moving is included. Please secure any small animals or children prior to our arrival.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Mike - I thought that I would pop in on this one to add my two cents. I have thought about this whole issues for a number of years now. My conclusion is: "Give the client what they want". In 2010 about 45 % of local searching had been shown that they know not whom they seek. I made a video specifically on this issue if it is helpful. Please note that the piece is about 3 years old, but I wonder if it is still true. My bet is probably. My personal belief is that consumers today want three things however they search: Why you, What's the cost and When can you perform my task. Think about it... they choose to use the internet for it's convenience to find someone that they seek because its easier and faster to surf. They form their own opinion and choose someone after the research. The next step should be made just as easy - Book it Online (in real-time). Consumers get on the net to complete tasks not to start them or to play electronic tag. you don't see expedia.com or others conclude with - "Thank you for your interest, someone will get back to you with more information on your request."

Reactions: Mikey P

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Expedia and others(mcdonalds, milk, gas etc.) are competing on price and have a tangible product(something they can hold). We do not, we sell clean - 50 bucks in cleaning is not always the same. Clean to you, might not be clean to me...

Unless you are competing on price(price on website or price through estimate thing on site), we really need to speak with our prospects.

Some guy charges 20 a room you charge 60 a room, if you don't explain why you are better - Why would she pay more, if it's all the same?
It's not all the same! And we need to tell them, can't do that on a website form.

Most people for us call from our google listing and have no need to even go to our site. I was checking my local listing(google) stats a few months ago, we had over 900 impressions(month) and 10 people clicked to our site. That tells me, people in general - look for phone numbers, reviews and then call. Proved by how few went to our site. IMO...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
What I'm wondering about. Is that 99% of clients want/need more than just the basic HWE. It don't want them to think the tied into the HWE room rate.

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Jerry - I very much agree with your quality comments... you said "Unless you are competing on price(price on website or price through estimate thing on site), we really need to speak with our prospects." I wonder though how many people are looking for all three qualities I mentioned and when they are looking. Most experience I have says that people tend to do research after the hours of 5:00 PM, in other words after work. I might suggest that high quality video addressing those quality issues would be good for the busy mom that works and seeks answer on her time at odd hours. Often times it's not the ones that you hook, but the ones that you missed you should be worried about. Google Analytics has really helped in this area. Also there is an interesting software called Clicktake. Here a link to what their software can tell you... video. I think that it is more affordable now!

Reactions: jcooper
Back
Top Bottom