Commercial carpet cleaning marketing tips

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Any ideas on how to keep commercial carpet cleaning to the daylight hours?

I didn’t quit my night job just to keep working nights.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

You're right - it is evening work. As Ron mentioned, you can normally start at closing time and be done in a couple of hours. But... watch video #7. I hope that YOU aren't the person out there at night (at least not after you get it rolling). It's pretty easy to load this type of work onto the shoulders of good employees.

Reactions: Meter Maid

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek

Churches, Medical & Dental Offices, financial services, local government, etc. LOTS of commercial locations are already closed one day a week, or have the ability to easily close for the day or at least early enough in the day that you can get cleaning done during business hours.

We just spent all day today cleaning a town hall/chamber office carpet and tile during business hours.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I like being home for dinner and watching my kids play sports...

Commercial just isn’t for me, and it sucks.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The video below is now a few months old, but it's still relevant for where we are in the stream of things. Goes well with this topic of marketing to commercial customers. The main thing to do, if you'd like to build your commercial base, is to get out there and do it. We've heard from some of our customers who are killing it right now - because they're hustling to land new accounts. It's been said that the hardest door a salesperson has to face is their own front door. Now might be a good time to get past that. :-)

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We've moved most restaurants to early morning.
I had one call me up a while ago. Wanted me to come in at closing time, which is midnight. I asked if they had any day that they were closed. They said yes, Tuesdays but nobody wants to come in on their day off. I just said too bad, I don't work after midnight.

Reactions: Old Coastie

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
In all our years doing commercial work, I generally steered clear of restaurants. Only did a handful in all our years. Most wanted to pay too low for the level of aggravation. Our longest running restaurant account was a few local Sweet Tomatoes buffets. We got them into a pretty quick routine and actually turned a profit. But most restaurant work never seemed like gravy to me.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
In all our years doing commercial work, I generally steered clear of restaurants. Only did a handful in all our years. Most wanted to pay too low for the level of aggravation. Our longest running restaurant account was a few local Sweet Tomatoes buffets. We got them into a pretty quick routine and actually turned a profit. But most restaurant work never seemed like gravy to me.
They don't seem to understand that late nights and greasy, filthy carpet cost more.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Of course churches and schools are my thing, but most businesses try to accommodate when they want carpet cleaned. A lot of times they have you start in areas not occupied and work toward occupied but closing. In most cases, I can be done by 7pm. I certainly pick and choose.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Of course churches and schools are my thing, but most businesses try to accommodate when they want carpet cleaned. A lot of times they have you start in areas not occupied and work toward occupied but closing. In most cases, I can be done by 7pm. I certainly pick and choose.

"Pick and choose" is perfect! Like the Marines, in our commercial carpet cleaning business, we were looking for a few good customers. Video 2 in the series covers that.

Back
Top Bottom