Commercial carpet cleaning: steam clean vs. Cimex

Name
Scott
I have done some commercial cleaning and have always just used my truck and steam cleaned the carpets. I have seen a lot of videos on the Cimex and haven't been all that impressed. I could definitely see the need for it but have trouble selling to my customers to pay me good money to come in and then tell them to vacuum regulary and they will get great results with each vacuuming. I think in this market people want to pay someone to clean the carpets and have them looking great when they leave not after they have to vacuum the carpets a few times. I am definitely new to the commercial cleaning arena on a big scale and was wondering what some of you commercial cleaning guys think. I have done work for the airport authority and restaurants and everyone is extremely pleased with the steam cleaning so how do you get them ok with encapsulation cleaning now?

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
Why would you think the carpets don't look good after cleaning with the cimex?. True the vacuuming will pull out more dirt after it dries but there is still dramatic results when you first clean. We have 3 cimex machines and clean 95 % of commercial jobs this way. The benefits are much better as well. No wicking, less over head, better production and faster drying.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
My thinking was the same as yours before i decided to try the Cimex for a 6 week demo. All i can say is seeing is believing.In my opinion it is a great machine and has far exeeded all my expectations.The commercial client does not care about explanations or what you use to clean the carpet as long as you can safetly and efficiently give them the long lasting results that they expect .
Have you gone to see the commercial carpet that you cleaned 2-3 weeks after the job was completed ? That will tell you the truth about how well you are doing.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Try it for yourself. I use my Cimex for encapsulation and for pre HWE agitation. Most jobs I do use a combination of the processes to achieve the best job possible. You will be pleased with the results.

You are the expert carpet cleaner. Sell the results - not the process.

This is one of the first videos I made.

[video=youtube;Fao-tSp0fDA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fao-tSp0fDA&list=UUxVJvyPmfZKguJ_pF1J27Fg&index=7[/video]

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I have done some commercial cleaning and have always just used my truck and steam cleaned the carpets. I have seen a lot of videos on the Cimex and haven't been all that impressed. I could definitely see the need for it but have trouble selling to my customers to pay me good money to come in and then tell them to vacuum regulary and they will get great results with each vacuuming. I think in this market people want to pay someone to clean the carpets and have them looking great when they leave not after they have to vacuum the carpets a few times. I am definitely new to the commercial cleaning arena on a big scale and was wondering what some of you commercial cleaning guys think. I have done work for the airport authority and restaurants and everyone is extremely pleased with the steam cleaning so how do you get them ok with encapsulation cleaning now?
Our clients like that we can clean and it's secure, doors can be locked, they also like that their no hoses in the way as trip safety hazards (wet carpet to tile is still one so caution should still be taken), faster drying and mostly appearance. CGD dries more even, especially noticeable in traffic areas.

Name
Scott
I will try it out for sure and it makes good sense about the selling it and security of the building. Any tight corners or areas you cant get the cimex into you just prespray, agitate, and leave it? Do those areas look worse than the areas the Cimex is able to get into? Thanks for the advise guys.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Corners you can use an angled brush if needed, if you pre-vacuum they may not need it anything, the machine can get pretty close. If you don't like the brush my guys will use a piece of the pad and dip it in the solution tank and hit corners with it.

We were very reluctant to the methods and didn't push it at first. What gave us confidence was the clients we cleaned using the method. We found they called back saying how good it looked and that is what got us in deep with low moisture method.

Can it do everything HWE does? Yes it can but HWE can often clean heavy soil loads faster. We use it on 75% of the commercial work we do.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
richard you and all your cimexing guys are all hacks i tell you!! :winky: just hacks!!!

i will end up buying that new cimex from that guy.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL and join the group!

We felt that way initially, we were dyed in the wool HWE, couldn't see how any other system could compare. However after many of my peers were using the system I felt it deserved a good look.

6-7 years ago Jeff Cutshall was gracious enough to show us what he was doing with it and so we bought a machine. Then another and another until where we are now (and when you get bored with your new one I'll need it too! ;] ). We only use it on CGD no homes, even used it with HWE as a preconditioner for very heavily soiled carpet.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Imo the cimex was one of the best investments I have ever made as far as equipment. I have did tons of encap only jobs, have pre scrubbed commercial, and even followed up hwe with encap. You will come to find that silver bullets only exist in the movies and its nice to have differant tools in the tool box when it comes to cleaning. I will say the cimex has made large commercial work that would be grueling and marginaly profitable into some of the best and most profitable jobs I have ever did.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom