Commercial Duct Cleaning ?

Steve Manier

Any of you guys clean air ducts in commercial buildings? I need either a good negative air porty set up or a decent reasonably priced used vac truck and some good training.I have the work lined up (kind of being forced into it) but thats it. I have been researching it for days and it seems like a good add on but is more expensive to get into than carpet cleaning. No problems getting the commercial jobs but other than that I'm clueless and need to move pretty quick on this. I want to do this right with the right equipment and training. Any suggestions and equipment leeds would be great. Thanks
Steve.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
I can recommend myer machine out of antioch ill
call jimmy meyer 847-395-2970
i bought a system off of them back in the spring.
Always there to help in any way.
Give him a call great people great ethics

gorinemarken

Commercial dryer vent cleaning is a little different than residential work. The dryer exhaust systems are larger and made of metal by code. Where as the residential dryer ducts are sometimes made of metal but a lot of times they are made of vinyl or flex material. When cleaning a commercial unit we use a process called a rotary whip cleaning. This method of cleaning is by far the most effective method of cleaning exhaust systems for both dryers and air ducts.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd slow way down, commercial is very different than residential. Hi pressure systems are nothing at like a home's system, internal boxes and dampeners can be a nightmare to clean. You'll probably need blueprints and a commercial class. Light commercial isn't too bad but mostly roof top work. I'd check into it very well, you don't want to get half way in a find out you're over your head.

John Buxton

Listen to Eddie. Commercial is a whole different animal. Truck mounts work great for residential but in a large system its like a band aid on an amputation. I'd find someone out of your area to work with first and see what your getting yourself into.

Jimbo

I bought a Pringle Power Vac (1 ton truck with 20k cfm Big Fan)...about 16 or 17 years back...sold it about a year later after I figured out I really did not have time for it.

Most all of the add ons require different skill sets...some contractors licensing in different areas...why not just figure out the prime contractor doing that kind of work and have them buy you lunch for the referral...it would have saved me a boatload of cash...and that is what I ended doing anyway!

My 'rule of thumb' now...if the tools can fit on the truck I am driving daily...I MIGHT look into...but carry on with your due diligence, Steve...the salespeople only tell you the bright side of the coin.- Jim

randy

Name
Randy
My 'rule of thumb' now...if the tools can fit on the truck I am driving daily...I MIGHT look into...but carry on with your due diligence, Steve...the salespeople only tell you the bright side of the coin.- Jim[/quote]

The best & possibly most important post I have seen this year.
So often we complicate our businesses with add ons that end up creating tons of hassle and little profit.
Focus on your core business.
Carpet cleaning operations, when run correctly is way more profitable than airduct cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom