Commercial monthly/weekly Mat washing

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What kind of machine do those companies, like Cintas, use to wash those Mats?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I've seen everything from pressure washer on the parking lot to full-sized Moore machines. These days most mat rental companies use soft backed mats that can be cleaned in a standard commercial tumbling washer.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I've seen everything from pressure washer on the parking lot to full-sized Moore machines. These days most mat rental companies use soft backed mats that can be cleaned in a standard commercial tumbling washer.
That’s what I was thinking. That first video doesn’t look very efficient for a bulk amount of those commercial rugs.

I just went to look at my customer’s rugs at their office they want cleaned every month. They just fired Cintas and I was curios how they did their bulk amount of rugs and what they charged per rug every month.

I have a connection with a local janitorial company here that could get me all the rugs from his accounts and I was wondering if it was worth investing in one of those commercial tumbling washers.

Name
Jeff T
That’s what I was thinking. That first video doesn’t look very efficient for a bulk amount of those commercial rugs.

I just went to look at my customer’s rugs at their office they want cleaned every month. They just fired Cintas and I was curios how they did their bulk amount of rugs and what they charged per rug every month.

I have a connection with a local janitorial company here that could get me all the rugs from his accounts and I was wondering if it was worth investing in one of those commercial tumbling washers.
In my area, I’ve been asked, they were offering 5$ a mat.... TO TAKE AWAY, CLEAN, AND DELIVER.... I laughed, AND LAUGHED SOME MORE....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Yeah, there’s no money in that. It costs more than $5 to do it yourself at a laundromat.

I was thinking about this on a bulk type of income with something that you could train an employee very easily with

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I sure hope Mat gets cleaned more than once a week.....
(Canadian hUUmor)

They just fired Cintas

do you know why?

Cost?
poor performance?
Other?

Don't know what a com washer costs to own and run .
Don't know if you could compete with the Big Box outfits without one???
You'll be soaking with with firewater, scraping gum and pressure washing them in the drive otherwise

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I sure hope Mat gets cleaned more than once a week.....
(Canadian hUUmor)

do you know why?

Cost?
poor performance?
Other?

Don't know what a com washer costs to own and run .
Don't know if you could compete with the Big Box outfits without one???
You'll be soaking with with firewater, scraping gum and pressure washing them in the drive otherwise

..L.T.A.
It was poor service. Money isn’t a factor with this company.

I just never thought about this type of cleaning until these people contacted me. I think competing with Cintas would be the same as competing with SS or ZR. We have no problem with that.

But I’m assuming the cost per mat is low, so it would need to be a weekly cleaning instead of a monthly cleaning.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
There is no pick up and delivery cost for Cintas, as they're offering a mat service as an add-on to to other work whey're doing in the building, or as an add-on to uniform cleaning services at that location. In many cases they're renting the mats to the building with cleaning included in the rental price. If a mat gets too badly damaged they just replace it.

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
They can come in at a very low price to drive away competitors. They have a low quality mat as a price leader and a new heavyweight mat for an up charge. They actually drop mats at some of my accounts the mats still have a wet rubber backing. They do count how many they drop and pickup and the drivers get upset when the numbers don't match as they probably get dinged for a mismatch. These delivery guys move as hard as a UPS driver delivering mats.

Name
Jeff T
They can come in at a very low price to drive away competitors. They have a low quality mat as a price leader and a new heavyweight mat for an up charge. They actually drop mats at some of my accounts the mats still have a wet rubber backing. They do count how many they drop and pickup and the drivers get upset when the numbers don't match as they probably get dinged for a mismatch. These delivery guys move as hard as a UPS driver delivering mats.
In other words, margins are tight, even at volume. No thanks.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom