Commercial Pricing

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I've got just over 10 years now in residential carpet and light commercial and still asking the same question, how did commercial carpet cleaning become the low ball bundle of joy it is today? Did it ever have a time of low resistance to pricing?

Mikey P

Administrator
How?

because you can hire strawberry pickers, the semi retarded, white trash, ne'er do wells and anybody else who finds working indoors, unsupervised more appealing than the grime alternatives to clean all day and night for minimum wage.

especially in Sacramento California.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Have to remember your production rates are far higher for commercial work, 1000 sqr ft hour up to 2000 an hour with encap. Plus your labor costs are lower, for us anyway mostly part-timers so that means no health ins and only benefit is some PTO.

Supply V. Demand
Like mike said the labor pool is much larger as anyone can push a cimex around or push/pull the wand for 4-5 hours. Finding "johnny whitebreads" to deal with women in their home every day is very difficult.

More unemployed drifters out there now period regardless of service, they call it globalization....

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I try to handle all commercial RFQ's - so I can dig.

Seems the most common commercial pricing in Indy is: "my price is $X - but if you get a lower quote I'll beat it by X%

And I guess that can work, with a 1984 econoline, a rug jiggler, and Juan.

Reactions: tmdry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I think the guy with the most cimexes is probably still bruce @ zion carpet cleaning in wa, a few years ago I heard he already had 9-12 cimexes, can only imagine now. They would knock out a 50k job in a few hours.

He also has a few V's in his arsenal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom