Commercial Sales

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
Guys I want to start commercial sales to get more commercial accounts. Are there any dvds or books to give some tips on doing this?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Plenty of reading right here where lots of people including the two mentioned and the Shortwun himself have divulged what has worked for them. Keep an eye out for Jeremy's posts too, there's good info in them.

John

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
PM Steve Toburen he has lots of articles on the subject.
Well, John, only since Richard brought it up! :) I've got a "How to Sell Commercial Carpet Cleaning" manual that is a free download.

Plus to structure your initial walk through the building here is our "Commercial Carpet Analysis Form". Ditto on the free part.

If you are big on "encapping" (and you should be if you are serious about commercial) then Jeff Cutshall and I have a 2 part manual on how to price, sell and produce encapsulation contract accounts. Here is Part I and then it links to Part II- both no charge.

All of these resources require a one time 15 second no-spam-ever registration. But if you are absolutely allergic to registering then just email me and I'll send you the pdf of the manual you want and burn your email.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS John, if you are going to be at Connections stop by the "ICS Presents..." panel discussion Wednesday morning. Around 10:30 I go on with "Building Commercial Toll Booths". (Not "Tool Booths".) I've got a 24 page hand out and it has stuff in it I developed just for this seminar. I think it is pretty good but then I would.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wait Steve don't give that stuff away!!!!! there is valuable stuff there.....I've gotta figure out a way to make a buck off you! :razz:

Seriously Steve there is lots of great stuff in there for those that implement it! :icon_cool:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There is actually a school to learn to sell commercial accounts. Taught by a guy who has sold millions of dollars of commercial accounts. Books, class room training, role playing and finally go out to call on commercial prospects with the master who will critique your sales presentation afterward.

Here is a link to our Options Selling program. Includes the how to information and also a bidding program, pre-printed brochures and files so you can customize and print your own material to hand out. http://interlinksupply.com/index.html?item_num=LB59

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Is it free too? :icon_razz:

Actually the Options Selling Program looks pretty good! Scott do you know if it all can be customized to our companies or just certain text and logos?

Last edited by a moderator:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
like anything else.....its a numbers game....

plus....

right time right place....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Scott what is the commercial bidding program comprised of? Is it an in house tool or do you use it to generate a bid handed to the potential client?

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Hit or miss = knockon 10 doors get 1 future .5 next 30 days but it will work

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Agree it's a cycle, you just may not hit them at the right time, the more you ask the greater your chance of success.

Lots of businesses take care of their cleaning "in house" don't let that discourage you. Many times "in house" sounds better than it is. You have operators that are cleaning mindlessly, using poorly maintained equipment and gettting mediocre results at best.

Plus you can sell them on service of handling problem spots or cleaning heavily soiled areas. Sell them other services, T&G in bathrooms, upholstery, fabric panels, chairs. Have you priced office chairs? They are very expensive if you're buying high end. Why replace when they can be cleaned and extend the usage life.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
So many factors come into play when cold calling.

Time of month :) business wise, in NZ most accounts are due 20th month, so I find most people aren't looking to buy anywhere just before or after that.

Time of the week, Monday's are hectic, Fridays are slowing down getting ready for the weekend. Tuesday's to Thursdays work well.

Factor on the weather, storms, heavy rain etc, forget it. Nice sunshine adds a positive outlook to anyone's day and they're more likely to buy.

Always leave your card everywhere, we've had clients come back 6 months later because of a card left and a courteous manner even in the face of no work. Their situation changed and we were still top of mind.

We've had quotes led to be honoured months after they expired, we simply review the state of the carpet and if possible keep it the same or an increase if it's justified.

The main thing is, you've got to be out there to get them.

John

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
The main thing is, you've got to be out there to get them.
Thanks a lot, John! You just summed up a 24 page handout and my 1 1/2 hour "Building Commercial Toll Booths" seminar in 12 words!

This is absolutely why most carpet cleaners never build a "Toll Booth Route". Sure, they do the occasional hit or miss job (I did too) but they never get to Critical Mass with commercial work simply because they are not "out there" consistently. All I'm doing in Vegas next Wednesday is sharing how to be efficient at it.

Steve

PS Hope you are well. Sioux and I are still planning to come to NZ one of these days.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom