Comparing Cobb's Presprays

Jamesh921

Name
James
Anybody ever compared Cobb's Powermax to his Citrus Steam Powder?

Just wonderin' how they stack up against each other.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
There are alot better pre sprays out there that give you more bang for your buck than powermax. I have tried to give pm the benefit of the time after time and never seem to be that impressed by it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
James;

The Dynachem CitraSteam powder is a moderately high pH detergent powder with Citrus solvent added for grease removal.

The Dynachem PowerMax powder is a moderately high pH detergent powder with Citrus solvent, and Oxidizer added for grease & stain removal.

The difference is the oxidizer,

which will brighten up dingy traffic lanes and remove coffee stains.

The PowerMax also has a little longer-lasting fragrance compared to the "citrus" of the CitraSteam.

Larry

P. S. I have NOT seen a prespray which will give more performance for the same dollar spent.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Could I get a small sample to use on our Japanese restaurant we do ever five weeks. Only enough to fill a hf will do. I use PB now. Never needed to change.

Would be willing to post pictures and video.

Jamesh921

Name
James
There are alot better pre sprays out there that give you more bang for your buck than powermax. I have tried to give pm the benefit of the time after time and never seem to be that impressed by it.

So, what prespray do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

The difference is the oxidizer,

Thanks for clearing that up, Larry.

I use PB now. Never needed to change.

I used Power Break for years. In my experience, it works about the same as Powermax, but Powermax is about $17-$20 per 6.5# jar cheaper.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I'm getting dynamite results from Cobbs liquid Heavy Duty Pre-Conditioner.

Last time I ordered it was very reasonably priced too.

I need more. :mrgreen:

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I prefer a prespray without delim and oxy. I'll add delim and/or oxy as required. Not every situation calls for the same level of additives.

Does Larry make a good powdered prespray without delim and oxy?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
F

FB7777

Clnthred said:
Could I get a small sample to use on our Japanese restaurant we do ever five weeks. Only enough to fill a hf will do. I use PB now. Never needed to change.

Would be willing to post pictures and video.
In my experience , I would continue using power burst over power max .

I actually prefer power strike over power burst for nasty greasespoons

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have had really good results with cti extreme clean. I ndo alot or rentals and trashed commercial . I am howeverstill trying to narrow down a good lower ph ps for residential

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
kind of funny i log on to the board and find the very subject that i was going to look into "powermax". a few months ago i noticed a big hoopla about the powermax not being consistant on it's quality and some even insinuated that cobb was leaving out the citrus. anyway i orderd a pail and figured i would give it a try since everyone was making such a big deal about how great it was and it did cost half in comparison to power burst. I had a hard time getting a stright answer or better a put a consistant answer on how much to add to a 5 qt hydro. any way i have been adding 12 oz or 6 scoops powermax to a 5qt hydro with a yellow tip. i was not very impressed when compaired to the powerburst i had been using. I ended up removing the yellow tip on the hydro and the powermax worked a bit better, but that kind of defeats the purpose i originally tried the powermax $$$. On the other side of the coin the powermax smells great when i handle it but not to much when i am spraying it down. as for a pump up sprayer i have been adding 2 scoops per gal. and still not to impressed. so is this stuff really that good or am i mixing it wrong or missing something?

Jamesh921

Name
James
AJ,
Don't know why you're not getting the glowing results most of us get with Powermax. Most people who've tried it really like. Course, there are a few exceptions like you and junior. Again, don't know why.

I've used PowerBurst, Power Break and Powermax ALOT and they have all performed very similar for me.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I use 12 oz in a hydroforce with yellow tip. I get fantastic results.

As far as cobbs heady dute pre-conditioning product that is liquid. That stuff removes grease like crazy. I use it to wash my hands after working on equipment. The other thing I notice about it is that there is no residue on my hands after I rinse them even with cold water. I have considered using that instead and adding some powdered brightner to it.

frank

Name
frank pulido
I been using powermax for a few year with excellent results using only 2oz per gallon to medium soil and about 4oz for heavy soiled carpet.

frank

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
thanks for the input. Funny thing is that I am a junior also, lol. must be us junior's. if you add 2-4 oz. powermax per gal in pump up sprayer then how do you get 12 oz. to a 5 qt. hydro with an 8 to 1 tip? I may have this wrong but I figure 5 qt. mix to 40 qts water (1 to 8) for a total of 45 qts or 11.25 gal. at the recommended 2 oz. powermax per gal. shouldn’t we be using 23 oz of powder to a 5qt hydro. with 1 to 8 tip? again if I am wrong in my calculations I apologize in advance.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
It's all in the water. If you have hard water in your area like I do all pre sprays will not live up to what you hear. Powermax works great the 2 weeks after I service my water softner. I have to add a little more the next 2 weeks or take time to service the softner.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
AJ RUIZ said:
thanks for the input. Funny thing is that I am a junior also, lol. must be us junior's. if you add 2-4 oz. powermax per gal in pump up sprayer then how do you get 12 oz. to a 5 qt. hydro with an 8 to 1 tip? I may have this wrong but I figure 5 qt. mix to 40 qts water (1 to 8) for a total of 45 qts or 11.25 gal. at the recommended 2 oz. powermax per gal. shouldn’t we be using 23 oz of powder to a 5qt hydro. with 1 to 8 tip? again if I am wrong in my calculations I apologize in advance.

I have always used 3 cups (24ounces) in my 1:8 hydroforce.
Been doing it for years and it all dissolves and I never have resoiling issues.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
KevinD said:
AJ RUIZ said:

I have always used 3 cups (24ounces) in my 1:8 hydroforce.
Been doing it for years and it all dissolves and I never have resoiling issues.
wow 24 oz in a hf is alot of powder to cram in there. I dont know about you guys but I have a hard time mixing all that especialy on the fly

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
that explains why when i use the 12 oz powermax to 5qt hydro with no tip 1 to 4 why the powermax works better lol.

i will need to figure out if i use double the powermax if i am really saving anything by useing it instead of powerburst. the powerburst at 12 oz to 1 hydro works great.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
AJ RUIZ said:
. . . the powermax smells great when i handle it but not to much when i am spraying it down.
We are working hard to maintain that unique fragrance that you like in the PowerMax.

The oxidizer and rinsing makes it more difficult,

but we are improving the durability.

Most of my TM customers use 1.5 cups (12oz) in a 5 quart inline sprayer.

Larry

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Jamesh921 said:

So, what prespray do you use, if you don't mind me asking?
I like cti extreme clean. 2 oz per gallon , 4- 5 scoops in my hf without tip, mixes well even in cold water and does great on the nasties. Cost me about .35-,0.40 per rtu gallon.Plus it ships on time and each batch has always been consistant for the last 6 years I have used it. I also like it because I can boost with oxidizer or d limo as I see fit

[quote:3rrvxkqo]The difference is the oxidizer,

Thanks for clearing that up, Larry.

I use PB now. Never needed to change.

I used Power Break for years. In my experience, it works about the same as Powermax, but Powermax is about $17-$20 per 6.5# jar cheaper.[/quote:3rrvxkqo]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom