Concret Floor in Homelss shelter Kitchen ***WITH PICS***

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Only 3 years old.

Poured concrete with Red Stain.

Concrete company is high class company in town but told Homeless Shelter they would NEVER have to clean..will last forever. Will clean up great!

They mop daily. Kitchen only used for 2-3 hours a night with 5-8 volunteers walking on it serving roughly 35-50 people. They gutted the Kitchen three years ago and did EVERYTHING. Don't believe they do in frying just ovens and big gas stove top with 10-12 burners. Has VCT tile in food closet that connects with back of kitchen and VCT on other adjacent floors and that is all mopped daily.

I used heavy degreaser and citrus/40 vol combo with 175 and Black pad. Re treated and rinsed with 500 psi Porty with no heat but bucket heaters. Cleaned up enough not too be pure black and sticky but still black.

Do I need to wait till I get my new truck mount in next week or two and use higher heat with spinner or need to use stripper?? With sanding screens? Will floor actually need sanded to take top layer off??

Anybody used Jeremy's diamond scrubbing pad (just the normal buffing pad)?? Any stronger than the black or green pads??

Is colored concrete mixed in before its poured or is it applied after poured or after cured??

Also I do believe some sort of sealer was applied after poured but not sure.

Top of one picture that is darker red/black is where a rubber mat was sitting.

Thanks for help!!!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If that is after what you said you did, I would guess the oil has "soaked in" past the surface making it nearly impossible to remove completely without leaving a shadow.
I use my hot water pressure washing rig to peel off thick grease, but almost always leaves a shadow on concrete if the oil was spilled hot or baked in the sun for any amount of time.

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Wish it was a little bigger pic... but oh well....

did you go back and read what I said??

also does this concrete feel rough or porus at all?? or does it feel smooth??

hi-pro pads...more aggressive then normal black....brushes may or may not help on this

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
It's SMOOOTH! :).....Yes I did read your advice! Thank you!!

I am going to contact concrete company that poured and/or stained it!!! And see if I can get some info!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom