Concrete Garage Floor Staining and Sealing?

West

Name
Clint
Ok, so here is the deal.... I have a 2400sq.ft. garage for my business. The concrete is not perfect, it has some oil stains (and other staining?) as well as minor cracking from settling.

What I am hoping to do is: do a irregular staining look and seal. I do clean area rugs in house, so from time to time I would like to clean it using my turbo tool (without worring about the product lifting). If there is anyone on the board that has real experience in this area on what products to use, I would like to here from you! There are so many products and opions out there, I just want one that works! What I don't want is a floor that I put a lot of time and effort into and it peels and looks like crap. I am open to any other ideas (paint, epoxy, etc...), as long as they are long lasting. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We've used Scofield's Lithochrome stain on some floor in our shop. In 15 years there is no fading of the color, but it does need to be resealed as the sealer wears away.

Prep is the hardest part of the application process, as paint, oil or detergent residues will keep the stain from soaking into that area. If the floor is in terrible shape it might need sandblasting. Application of the color is easy, just watch for lap marks.

West

Name
Clint
thanks for the info, just checked out their website. Do you/did you use the water based or solvent based sealer? Got any pictures handy of your garage floor? thanks

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Water based. Sorry, no pics handy, but we used one of the reddish-brown colors and it looks pretty hip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom