Confused by this Brush Pro 17 LM

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I received the Brush Pro 17 that I ordered through discountcleaningproducts.com. I verified that this would be the new design with the more power motor. I liked that it would have the updated gears and could be used in a few inches of water safety, since the motor was now a sealed design.

The machine that I received has a tag on the side that says it is a Brush and Clean Pro 35 and a sticker across the front that says it is a Brush Pro 17.

Brush and Clean's website shows the Pro Hybrid 35 as the new style machine with the 600 watt, sealed motor.

This machine shows that it has an 800 watt motor. I can't find any Brush Pro 17 or Pro Hybrid 35 showing an 800 watt motor. Does anyone know if this is a sealed motor? The instructions say to keep the machine out of water.

For a simple machine they sure do make this complicated.

I'm calling Monday to try and get some answers.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Here it is. Carpet Cleaner America says that it the original machine with the old

d664cb55a0fade9f3998de9a6a8aa3e3.jpg

0aa06774bf4724cb907b9b2b82649d76.jpg

0b39026469da457513d85459e52a395a.jpg

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I clarified things a little with Carpet Cleaner America. This machine is the "flagship" style, splash-proof, stronger gears, new style casing. It doesn't have all of the latest improvements - the outlet in back for tandem cleaning, the way the renovators connect, the newest motor. I'm not sure about the motor, and I don't want to try it out - still might want to return it and get the newest motor.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
They are giving me an even exchange on the Pro-Hybrid 35 for the BrushPro 17 MH170. The 1st time I asked they said they couldn't exchange it, but I could return it if I didn't want it. I called to check on my return label, and they wanted to know what they had to do to keep the sale. I explained again that I wanted the MH170 and they offered it to me as an exchange.

Name
Joe
They are giving me an even exchange on the Pro-Hybrid 35 for the BrushPro 17 MH170. The 1st time I asked they said they couldn't exchange it, but I could return it if I didn't want it. I called to check on my return label, and they wanted to know what they had to do to keep the sale. I explained again that I wanted the MH170 and they offered it to me as an exchange.

Ok thanks
They may not do that price for me

Name
Joe

Did you get your new machine?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I got the new machine and have used it on just about every job that I have done since. I really like it. I have used it to vacuum the really matted, neglected carpet - works great. Twice, the homeowners thought that the carpet was already cleaned and all I did was vacuum with the BrushPro. I have prescrubbed with it on residential carpet and feel that it scrubs the carpet as well as my 175 with adjust a glide brush. I have encapped with it, great results - I have only used it on commercial cut pile in an office setting. I did use the dry compound on the heavily soiled areas and they came out great. I don't know how it will do as a stand alone encap on commercial level loop carpet without the compound. I need to get more aggressive brushes for the restaurants that I clean.

There is a big difference with the more powerful motor. It just starts spinning without having to tilt the machine. It "feels" more powerful, too. I can't say for sure that it cleans/scrubs any better, it just feels like it will hold up better. I do like the one button release for the renovators/covers that the new style has instead of the clip to hold them on. I if could save hundreds of dollars by getting a Brush and Clean's Pro Hybrid with the weaker motor instead, I would choose to save the $.

I do feel that these machines cost about twice what they should. It might not be the greatest carpet cleaning tool ever invented, but it does work as good as or better than advertised. I have only had it just over a week, hopefully I will still feel this way next year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom