Connections by any other name, will still be Connections..

Mikey P

Administrator
Press release

Word on the street says the show will continue in Florida and Vegas at the same times of year only under the heading of "Larry Cooper, six truckmounts and one amazing Donkey Show."

Will the associations that left the big top make the vendors suffer with regional trade shows once again?

or will a second, not so ready for prime time big top carnival be added to our agendas?

just a reminder

Mike9fest will be held in Vegas on February 15th and 16th 2013

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The spin is that the ICRA events are Connections, just under a new name, which is sort of true if you consider the same people are running it that were in control of Connections as it went downhill.

There probably won't be a need for regional tradeshows, as the IICRC association will be able to get a convention up and running next year. The CCINW and CFI are working together as we have in the past, and like the other non-ICRA associations will either work on new partnerships or join the IICRC association.

Mikey P

Administrator
so you think there will be an ICRA and an IICRC show each year?

I just don't see the manufacturers being able to afford both.

I would love to hear from the manufacturers who lurk here about how they would go about choosing which show to attend..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's the old phone book thing, can you really afford not to be at both? I bet they do both once and then make their decison which to continue with.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Some vendors were really worried about four shows per year after Connections goes away. They feared angering the management and associations running those shows if they chose to skip attending, and that all of them would be poorly attended with split support. Add these shows to all of the other shows related to the industry (RIA, IAQA, DKI, ISSA...). And CAD days at distributorships... And fests...

Since the nonICRA folks had been trying to kill off the money losing Florida Connections for years, it's doubtful that group would be interested in running two shows. Vendors can't be worried about being coerced into showing at two shows if there's only one.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I am not a decision maker for Interlink or Bridgepoint. Just my thoughts on how vendors would respond to multiple shows.

Vendors have to be neutral. They can't take sides and risk offending a large group of their customers or potential customers.At least at first, most will probably attend both shows, but perhaps with a scaled down presence. If, after a few years, it is evident that one show is drawing the crowds, vendors will want to go where the people are.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Does anyone know how many people actually attend connections in Vegas?

200, 500,1000 ? just curious

F

FB7777

JHC those event pictures looks like a Who's Who of ugly ****ers

Connections should partner up with Grecians Formula and a Casket company

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I think at Connections they should add an annual "weight gain contest". That is one event that 90% of our industry could participate in and most probably think they'd win.

On a less serious note, maybe whoever plans Connections needs to look at how other industries hold conventions and copy the successful ones. Time to change what happens at Connections, I know I refuse to pay to hear so called industry experts give hour long infomercials all day. Look at how popular Mikeyfest has gotten, because its hands on and provides info. for the everyday cleaner.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
On a less serious note, maybe whoever plans Connections needs to look at how other industries hold conventions and copy the successful ones. Time to change what happens at Connections, I know I refuse to pay to hear so called industry experts give hour long infomercials all day.
On a more serious note, that's exactly what others have said for several years, and having half the Board refuse to change anything is why the rest of us agreed with them to shut it down. I think it would be far cheaper to put on better presentations than spend tens of thousands of dollars on advertising.

Our members wanting better information is why the CFI and CCINW put on a Cleaning College last summer, and since the new IICRC seems intent on paying attention to what people want I'm pretty sure their program will not include get rich quick schemers, life coaches, systems gurus or any other people trying to sell their annuity program.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Our members wanting better information is why the CFI and CCINW put on a Cleaning College last summer, and since the new IICRC seems intent on paying attention to what people want I'm pretty sure their program will not include get rich quick schemers, life coaches, systems gurus or any other people trying to sell their annuity program.
Nothing wrong with those guys if that's what you're seeking but when you want more than that, is when the "Cleaning College" has soo much more value to the attendees.

Oz do they plan on putting on another college this year?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Another Cleaning College depends on what partnerships become available through other industry organizations. Currently the CCINW is planning on supporting the RIA event in April in Vegas but has no formal partnership arrangement. We'd enjoy a working relationship with the RIA since they're a model of how a clean organization is run.

If the plan for the IICRC association is of interest to our members and on the fast track, we'll probably be better off putting our efforts towards that event. If the IICRC wants to take a slow and steady approach we'll go ahead with another Cleaning College and invite our friendly regional partners to jump in.

We'll know in two weeks.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Centrum Force®, as a manufacturer and co-founded by rug washers still washing rugs, has enjoyed putting on educational conferences for the professional rug care industry for awhile now. We will likely continue to do so. Each of the five specific Rug Summits we have held usually conclude with many asking, when will the next one be and where? There is a core group from among the 75-100 attendees at each event that have attending everyone put on since its inception. Our success is due to having relevant educational content to help our rug washing businesses prosper and have enjoyment doing so. From my perspective, the key to having a Trade Show/Conference is relevance. We have supported some Connections Events in the past, but will reconsider doing so in the future.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
View attachment 672

This was in the day when Conventions for the NIRC were regarding highly and were fully supported. Look at how they filled the room. They were dressed for success and it was a big deal to meet, network, share ideas and values. The year of this conference was 1949. This was the same year that Arthur Moore started the company that we, Centrum Force, proudly bought last month. We want to advance the legacy he was part of in more ways than one. The idea of trade shows and conferences for the sake of bettering our businesses is a good one to talk about. Content that is relevant will be vital if people are asked to support it with good attendance along with entrance fees.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Great pic Tom- thanks for sharing. Our Founder, Haroutun (Harry) Hagopian was there and his sons Edgar & Steve started going shortly after when they were through at college and the Armed Services.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom