Connections, MF, SF, CADs... etc

Mikey P

Administrator
same ol shit, different year.

I looked at the Connections schedule for this year and as far as I can tell it's identical to last years event minus the Allens.

and yes I know both Nashville MFs were just more of the same.

Most regulars I know go for the camaraderie and the trade show.

With one or two exceptions, Connections presentations are teasers/infomercials to get you to sign up for the presenter's real gig.

I really tried to avoid that with MF but lordy with such limited time, attention spans and personnel to actually teach real hands on classes, what is a show promoter to do?

What would it take to get YOU to sign up AND PAY FOR for two or three days of classes?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Mikey P said:
What would it take to get YOU to sign up AND PAY FOR for two or three days of classes?

Real life information and actual hands on presentation (technical, chemical, or customer service stuff)

I myself am a bit tired of Connections. I wasn't going to go this year but they MADE ME DO IT! I won last year the full registration for this year so I'll go just because its free shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin Its good to get free admission to this whole infomercial load. (i don't like to pay for people to sell ME something)

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
When Cooper isn't in charge of the agenda, stacking it up with non-industry MLM'ers giving him a kickback... that'll be when I pay to attend the program.

That said, it's ridiculous with all that trade show revenue that they charge anything for a program. It should be free, or just make Connections a trade show - cutting out the awards dinner alone would save $50k in expenses... and hotel food at those meals sucks anyway.

Burtz

unlike any joe and lisa show with speakers or guests with shit and programs to sell too

how much do you have to errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr donate to a sir richard chairty to get a picture taken with him or video shoot to make it look like he really knows you and are friends?

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
hands on real world demos..i have sat in too many classes listening to
someone run on..i am a hands on visual guy. i like to see/smell/hear/feel
how things work for real..
i dont have time to go take a warm shower with most of you homos over
a 3 day period of time but would make time to if it was more like that..

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Burtz said:
unlike any joe and lisa show with speakers or guests with shit and programs to sell too

how much do you have to errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr donate to a sir richard chairty to get a picture taken with him or video shoot to make it look like he really knows you and are friends?

Joe's sponsored a number of trips over the past 4 years to Necker Island with Branson, and has raised more than two million dollars in donations for VIrgin Unite for charitable projects across the world, and here within the US for training homeless teens to get skills to get them back on track.

The interview you're talking about was taken on their trip this year to the island, and Branson is an incredibly humble and very astute business mind to have the opportunity to interact with. And he is an incredibly gracious host. One of the coolest moments of my life to date was sitting at a beachside bar and having Branson walk up and get me a drink and just sit and shoot the shit.

Here's the interview by Joe in case anyone wants to watch it => http://bit.ly/joepolish

So... I don't quite get where the comparison is between Joe doing an interview here that he gives away to people for free... and how Cooper gets paid by people like those investment brokers who told cleaners to get a second mortgage to invest it all into the stock market... and how those are the same thing? Joe's not making anything on that interview. He's not pitching anything. And neither is Branson, except to mention Virgin Unite at the end.

We do the same type of "give education away for free" to help raise money for Make A Wish - which we cut a check for $25,000 to them last month.

We are not anti-selling. I certainly am not... or I would not be a business owner. People who get super angry about those who sell tend to be really bad business owners.

My point with the post though is, with hundreds of booths being paid $1,000 - $1,400 a piece for, there IS the budget to just cut the program out, or provide it for free, and play up what people go there for anyway, which is the trade show. The only ones who usually go to the program are the association board members who feel obligated to.

If they did that, made it a trade show only, and cut all those administrative costs - then we would not hear the Connections groups whining about "barely" making any money, because there is a ton of waste on that event program. And that program has always been a way to promote Cooper more than the associations, so it's geared toward his interests and agenda anyway... that's why it's hard to sell cleaners into going to that part of Connections.

We've got more than 125 companies coming to our event with the Pembertons this week on Wednesday in PA. They've already been given products we sell for more than $300 for free because they signed up, and they will get even more on Wednesday too. At the end of the day if they want to also buy the Piranha Marketing kit, they can... but even if they don't, they will have gotten many times more than what they paid to be there. It'll be a win/win.

Hope you like the interview, there are dozens more marketing episodes over at http://www.ilovemarketing.com all for free also. That show is getting more than 1,000 downloads a day on iTunes. Yours to have for free if you want it. Though... with a lot of people, if they don't pay they don't pay attention... so it's always a crap shoot whether you should charge a higher price to get people to be more serious about valuing and implementing the content.

Anyway - it's yours if you want it. And if any of you are in PA this week, please be sure to track me down and say hello.

Thanks,
Lisa

Burtz

now that money for chairty is out of your own pockets or the pockets of people that give you and joe the money to donate

don't make such a big deal everything you offer for free has the simple real 411 is to get the private coaching victims

you have a catch just like the rest FREE REPORT FREE SHIT FREE REACH AROUND FREE WHAT EVER you and your ilk are no less better than the rest of them.

Bjorn

gurugone.jpg

zxyHoward.jpg

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Burtz said:
now that money for chairty is out of your own pockets or the pockets of people that give you and joe the money to donate

don't make such a big deal everything you offer for free has the simple real 411 is to get the private coaching victims

you have a catch just like the rest FREE REPORT FREE SHIT FREE REACH AROUND FREE WHAT EVER you and your ilk are no less better than the rest of them.

But it is all free stuff I've offered - just like all my posts on my blog. It's good solid stuff to help a lot of people who can't afford to get the programs - and then after awhile when they build up revenue because of the free info, they end up coming back and buying it. We don't hard sell anyone... we don't have to. When they are ready they buy.

So Terry - you need to quit hating so much, and golf more. The world isn't as ugly as you make it out to be. You are going to give yourself an ulcer.

Lisa

Bjorn

no hate just calling you what you are just like howard and the rest

except howard has his hair done better and make up than you do

zxyHoward.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Fremont street..hookers and crack....great place to hang out....Think I'll stay uptown. We all need to hit the Wynn for the buffet though.

Bjorn

hookers really heck th hilton what did they call it the hooker bar

Jimbo

Yes Doug...at the Golden Nugget...Irish pub close by...maybe another cabana party on Friday...I figure the trade show should consume about 2.5 hours...of 1 day...then it really Is Vegas, Baby!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

Will be there!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Jimbo said:
Yes Doug...at the Golden Nugget...Irish pub close by...maybe another cabana party on Friday...I figure the trade show should consume about 2.5 hours...of 1 day...then it really Is Vegas, Baby!

I'm with you Jimbo- 2-3 hours of trade show over a couple days is plenty. Not sure I have actually spent that much time there. Blackjack keeps a calling & I like to see a show when there too.

Going to V in a week for 3 days and seeing Celine Dion.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Celine Dion? Really?

Mikey, Vegas would be a good spot to host the next MikeyFest. Who DOESN'T want to go to Vegas??

Check out some new products and hit the town.

I've been there once...for a friends wedding. Saw some sites but it was limited.

I need to get out more. thathurts

It's a man baby Yeah!

celine-dion-picture-1.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
dealtimeman said:

Will be there!

Pick a Day, Wynn Buffet then Roulette and 3 card Poker :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom