Connections, MF, SF, CADs... etc

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'd agree that Connections has lost the lustre it was born with, but more of the seminars seem worthwhile this year. CCINW members pay a lot less than list, so it may be a better value than for lone wolves.

As far as getting presentations worth attending, it's actually pretty simple. Decide on topics, find people that know the topic well, ban standard PowerPoint presentations, give the presenter some background on their audience. People with something to sell are fine, as long as they understand the presentation and hand-outs have to be non product-specific and have stand-alone value (no "here's the intro, now buy the book" pitches) and sales happen later if you built some trust through the value of your presentation.

PS: Everyone says they want hands-on, but most "hands-on" advocates use that time to stand in the background swapping jokes. "Hands-on" demands are mostly a convenient excuse to skip an event.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Vincent Feehan said:
I am in with Eckman, fremont is the bomb for old school vegas!!!
Old school maybe. Remember I was born and raised Vegas. Fremont was it growing up. Used to be the only way to get ms to sleep was for my dad to drive up and down fremont. Times changed and my 20's fremont only meant drugs and sex. Prefer to stay away now.

Jimbo

John...Fremont is a lot better now...hope to see you there

Vince...see you at the Golden Nugget...I talked to a guy today that rode the slide through the shark tank at the Golden Nugget Pool...said the hair on the back of his neck stood up when taking the slide through the sharks!! Bring Doug too...he's always good for a few laughs...I'm covering your entry into the cabana party...Tall guys always look out..you know!

Ken... Glitter Gulch is right across the street...and they have no problems with swishy pants!

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Tuning into this thread late. #1st year ever I was considering Connections and after this banter I'm not so sure.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'm going wouldn't miss it. You have a few nay Sayers and 1000's of very satisfied attendees so who you gonna believe? Go and make your own decisions. That's my advice :) I'll see you there if you decide to go

tim

truth is alot of cleaners that have been in business for 30+ years probably dont have much of a reason to go to Connections except to socialize and get a write off. Newbies should definitely go and even those such as myself that have only been in the industry 6 or 7 years still have things to learn. Most "infomercials" still have some good information you can use. In my opinion, adding hands on has made it much more interesting. The keynote speakers are usually inspiring and give some new perspective. I do like seeing new products at the trade show and most of the sessions are too short to do much good. I would like to see longer sessions that are hands on. Things like spot dye with crayons, or hands on spot removal, maybe some marketing discussions among attendees bringing copy of things that work for them, etc. Tips on getting new customers like the TBU does could be informative as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom