Contracts.. The Rest of the story...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
WHERE'S THE OTHER DUDE AT ANYWAY???

BTW, Ron, I'm NOT implying you're fibbing in any way or not telling your side exactly as "you" see it

I'd just like to hear the other side of the story.

I've been around long enough to know there are generally always THREE sides to a story.
One side, the other and the plain straight details/facts...which generally lays somewhere in between the two sides

regardless, put it behind you Bro.
You made money and know what you need to do in the future to prevent a lack of "clear" understanding between both parties

..L.T.A.

randy

Name
Randy
dealtimeman said:
As a subcontractor you can lein if it is worth the money and effort.

Not without a written contract. You can't just walk into the clerks office and file a lien, not and have it stick anyway.

Everyone should have a written contract, especially on large jobs. Trying to collect on a oral contract is nearly impossible if you are dealing with a dishonest person. Literally the person that you are suing to collect from can walk into court and claim they never hired you and win the case. Working without a contract opens you to all sorts of misunderstandings, having one opens you up to getting PAID.

Go to court without a contract on a job that size and the judge will tell you what an idiot you are and rule for the other party.

Name
Ron lippold
Larry i have been waiting also..... :shock: :shock: I did not figure they would show... When your wrong your wrong.... I have no reason to bullshit anyone. We were asked to go and help with a job. We showed dual wanded everything and worked way harder than they did. We had a job to do. Dual wanded everything and probally worked 30 more man hours than they did... I have nothing to hide... They just did not know what the true power of the V is. when you high flow you can get alot done. I have really good help.

randy

Name
Randy
I hope they come through and pay you what was agreed. This is way too big of a hit, and totally unfair.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Ron Lippold said:
Larry i have been waiting also..... :shock: :shock: I did not figure they would show... When your wrong your wrong.... I have no reason to bullshit anyone. We were asked to go and help with a job. We showed dual wanded everything and worked way harder than they did. We had a job to do. Dual wanded everything and probally worked 30 more man hours than they did... I have nothing to hide... They just did not know what the true power of the V is. when you high flow you can get alot done. I have really good help.
This is the part part Ron were your full of shit!!What kind of ahole says this after the gift you were handed? we worked our ass of and didn't have the down time you had with your truck. How about the night you were sick?
PS i'll take my Judson TNT any day over your v blowme

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Warren Wallace said:
[quote="Ron Lippold":3s6v3av1]Larry i have been waiting also..... :shock: :shock: I did not figure they would show... When your wrong your wrong.... I have no reason to bullshit anyone. We were asked to go and help with a job. We showed dual wanded everything and worked way harder than they did. We had a job to do. Dual wanded everything and probally worked 30 more man hours than they did... I have nothing to hide... They just did not know what the true power of the V is. when you high flow you can get alot done. I have really good help.
This is the part part Ron were your full of shit!!What kind of ahole says this after the gift you were handed? we worked our ass of and didn't have the down time you had with your truck. How about the night you were sick?
PS i'll take my Judson TNT any day over your v blowme[/quote:3s6v3av1]

What caused the downtime and how long was the v down?

Name
Ron lippold
The V was not down, I caught a bacterial virus and was down for about 18 hours. My guys still worked the one night i was out and my two guys still out wanded warren and his three guys...

I pass rocks through my -ock with no pain killers if I take time off im really sick. Warren your last post really shows how petty you guys are

This is all about having a deal....... and having the deal changed on the last day....

Warren did you guys change the deal on the last day Yes or No?????????????????????????????????????

Mike Draper

45k for 16 days of work is more than any of us will ever make cleaning carpet in our lives. I would have just swallowed my pride on this one and been thankful for that blessing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
curt johnson said:
45k in 16 days? I don't make that much dancing for Chippendales!

The key is to pay more attention to the old ladies. They are spending their husband's retirement.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Ron Lippold said:
The V was not down, I caught a bacterial virus and was down for about 18 hours. My guys still worked the one night i was out and my two guys still out wanded warren and his three guys...

I pass rocks through my -ock with no pain killers if I take time off im really sick. Warren your last post really shows how petty you guys are

This is all about having a deal....... and having the deal changed on the last day....

Warren did you guys change the deal on the last day Yes or No?????????????????????????????????????
Ron you know what they say about people that brag how great they are........

jimmyolas

i would also want the person getting the job and providing the work to make money. perhaps he did not negotiate well in the beginning and this is causing some of the problem. i hope he was charging more than 13 cents per sq ft after offering to pay for the hotel and chems.He should have just bought another truck mount and hired/borrowed couple techs .

i would love to do 13 cents a sq ft for several hundred thousand sq ft < would even do it for less and i would pay hotel and chems.
jimmy

san diego carpet cleaning

Steve Manier

Jimmy nailed it!

This has to be the craziest thing I have ever seen anyone bitch about...Ron you still made a killing in the dead of winter and you're complaining about 45k for 16 days of carpet cleaning? My hat is off to you man because you may have burned a huge bridge over a few G's. I love this "High Roller Smack Talk".

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
If anyone has big jobs like this let me know ill work my butt of for .10 a sq foot lol

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Name
Ron lippold
It just blows me away what everyone is hung up on...... I said I was greatful and thankful for the job. Sure 45 is good coin but, THE DEAL WAS BROKEN, on the last day....... Sure it was good money not the most i have seen nor the most i have made.

We drove over 3000 miles round trip I paid all my guys bills while we were there. I stated earlier that sure I would have done it for the 45,000 if that was the deal, The deal was they paid the hotel and chemicals... Not me..... I told them if they wanted to 1/3 the job i would have written a check. They offered me .13 to wand the carpet. We worked for 16 days under that deal..

ON THE LAST DAY THEY CHANGED THE DEAL........What do you guys not get......

All im trying to do is open some eyes... Mine where closed, thinking a good buddy of mine would not put the wood to me....

Im done with this. As far a bridges burned I dont need bridges that are constructed like warren and his buddy.....

This is over......Warren I thank you for the job. Sorry we worked so much harder than you, and that you guys felt necessary to screw me. I am not going any further with this. It is over. Good luck out there bro..

Watch out for karma she is a bitch.................

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Contracts.. The Rest of the story...

Ron Lippold said:
It just blows me away what everyone is hung up on...... I said I was greatful and thankful for the job. Sure 45 is good coin but, THE DEAL WAS BROKEN, on the last day....... Sure it was good money not the most i have seen nor the most i have made.

We drove over 3000 miles round trip I paid all my guys bills while we were there. I stated earlier that sure I would have done it for the 45,000 if that was the deal, The deal was they paid the hotel and chemicals... Not me..... I told them if they wanted to 1/3 the job i would have written a check. They offered me .13 to wand the carpet. We worked for 16 days under that deal..

ON THE LAST DAY THEY CHANGED THE DEAL........What do you guys not get......

All im trying to do is open some eyes... Mine where closed, thinking a good buddy of mine would not put the wood to me....

Im done with this. As far a bridges burned I dont need bridges that are constructed like warren and his buddy.....

This is over......Warren I thank you for the job. Sorry we worked so much harder than you, and that you guys felt necessary to screw me. I am not going any further with this. It is over. Good luck out there bro..

Watch out for karma she is a bitch.................

Unfortunately by making this public I'm afraid you didn't just burn one bridge.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hey Ron,
I would like to know what you they could do to make it up.

I would also like to know from Warren if they think they can give more etc.

Name
Ron lippold
brian i dont need or want any more.

not worried about bridges, people know I do what I say. Im not the one that broke the deal.........

Name
Ron lippold
brian i dont need or want any more.

not worried about bridges, people know I do what I say. Im not the one that broke the deal.........

randy

Name
Randy
Bottom line after all is said and done, Ron should be paid what was originally agreed. You don't try and renegotiate with the guy after the work is complete and he has been out there busting his ass on your job, to the point of getting fatigued and sick. Fair is fair, the fact that it was in the winter or $45,000 in 16 days etc. is irrelevant. Without Ron and crew on that job could it have ever been completed in a reasonable amount of time ? A Judson TNT is a fine machine, but it sounds like the primary contractor would have been over his head without Ron. Would the customer been happy if the job took two months instead of 16 days ? Looks to me like the primary screwed the guy that enabled him to even do a job that size.

A good lesson in the importance of written contracts.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I am just an outsider looking in so i don't care one way or the other, but I still don't understand totally what is wrong? you estimate you did 60-80% of the job? They paid you 60%? Did they cover your hotel and chemicals on top of the $45k? (IF not then yes I see that as a potential problem). Not trying to stir the pot just curious where the communication went wrong? I do not see where they changed the deal on the last day. Seems like you had hoped for an amount and they hoped for an amount, and those amounts didn't match up. Over the 16 day period did you guys not sit down for dinner one night and at least discuss how the job was going? I sometimes split jobs with guys that have better equipment than me and vice versa. We just appreciate the work and do not get into who did more work. In my opinion it doesn't matter that you used a V verses his TNT. The ability for you to do dual wanding benefited both parties, and maybe that is why he chose you to help instead of others here who would be VERY happy with a payday like that. If anyone wants me to split a job like this with them I will load up my White Magic 1200 pro and be on the way. I am not choosing sides as I think this has become a tough situation for all involved. Hope you guys work this out.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
randy said:
Bottom line after all is said and done, Ron should be paid what was originally agreed. You don't try and renegotiate with the guy after the work is complete and he has been out there busting his ass on your job, to the point of getting fatigued and sick. Fair is fair, the fact that it was in the winter or $45,000 in 16 days etc. is irrelevant. Without Ron and crew on that job could it have ever been completed in a reasonable amount of time ? A Judson TNT is a fine machine, but it sounds like the primary contractor would have been over his head without Ron. Would the customer been happy if the job took two months instead of 16 days ? Looks to me like the primary screwed the guy that enabled him to even do a job that size.

A good lesson in the importance of written contracts.

I totally agree with this statement. You CANNOT wait til a job is complete before you renegotiate the terms. If Warren makes no money, thats his fault, not Ron's. I'm doubting that is the case though.

cleann4kids

for 45k you should have paid your own chem cost
and hotel bill!

sometimes people look the gifted horse in the mouth!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
randy said:
Bottom line after all is said and done, Ron should be paid what was originally agreed.

The problem, Counselor , is that neither party knows how much was cleaned .

The Plaintiff estimates 60 to 80%.
The Defendant paid 60% as well as lived up to the rest of the agreement to pay lodging and chem costs

I have yet to see exactly what part of the deal was reneged on.
All I see is a dispute on the amount cleaned in which NEITHER party knows

If there are no further arguments , I'll take a short recess and give my ruling

Judge EatToe

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom