conversation with customers

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Who here has good scripts on how to word certain things we need to talk to our customers about?

We all run into the problem from time to time that the words we use will mean a different thing to our customers. So anyone?
Examples?

Real life experiences are good too- post them all! We could all learn from each others stories..

Like this one sentence could be worded so differently: This gay old man out in the woods, collected a faggot and threw it on the back of his gray ass, and yelled at his bitch to follow him yonder to the hill top .

This happy elderly gentleman out in the woods collected a bundle of fire wood and threw it on the back of his gray donkey and told his (female) dog to follow him over to the hill top.

I just had a major misunderstanding with a customer on how an issue and explanation was worded about her carpet problems and I started wondering if we could collect well worded easy to understand talking points.

Connor

Name
Connor
Well, you could have ballcocks, two inch nipples, reamers and brag how you can lay pipe all day. :lol:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Here's a starter: Carpet is always soiled, maybe extremely soiled, but never dirty.

Most women mentally connect everything in their life, so if you say dirty it means they're bad housekeepers and neglect their barefoot children. They don't connect soiled to anything.

Think of any word you use regularly and how someone might twist it. You say machine, the customer thinks gears and chains and grease and sharp stuff. Say equipment.

You say chemicals...

Bob Foster

The Great Oz said:
Here's a starter: Carpet is always soiled, maybe extremely soiled, but never dirty.

Most women mentally connect everything in their life, so if you say dirty it means they're bad housekeepers and neglect their barefoot children. They don't connect soiled to anything.

Think of any word you use regularly and how someone might twist it. You say machine, the customer thinks gears and chains and grease and sharp stuff. Say equipment.

You say chemicals...

say Cleaning Agents... (thanks to Jim Pemberton for this idea)

XCC

"I'm sorry for the unfortunate accident Babs the cat had on your carpet Ms. McGillicutty. I can remove the problem with my truck mounted steam extraction unit or you may call "CarboChem" and they can spin pad the excrement into a foul smelling spiral design"

Bob Foster

"Your house stinks like dog!" --- "May I suggest our pet deodorization treatment?"

"Make sure you pick up all this crap before I come and clean!" --- "Please insure all the lose items such as vases boxes and books are placed away from the carpets before we arrive so we can concentrate on giving your home a good clean."

"Don't make me ask you twice to get your car out of the driveway before we come." --- "it would be appreciated if you moved your car before we arrive at 9 because the closer we are to your home the better our equipment works"

"You need to stay out of our way" --- "The very best way you can help us is to have everything ready before we get there and then we will take care of the rest."

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
explainsimply.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Sorry Brian but Einstein screwed up with that one..its simply not true (no pun intd)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Being able to explain it simply...Doesn't mean they'll understand.

Take ConnOr and FostOr for example.

:mrgreen:

Name
I'm Rick James
Bob Foster said:
[quote="The Great Oz":14s1mi36]Here's a starter: Carpet is always soiled, maybe extremely soiled, but never dirty.

You say chemicals...

say Cleaning Agents... (thanks to Jim Pemberton for this idea)[/quote:14s1mi36]

Cleaning products is a good one. To bad I dont have the list they gave me when I got certified that talks about switching certain words to have a better impact with the customer.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:

Oh, I understand it, hence why I ain't buying it, literally and figuratively.

Lookahere, Tex, I know you are looking for some cowpokes to take on your little entrepreneurial venture up brokeback mountain, but I gotta tell ya, I don't want anything to do with your little venture nor to any semblance thereof, 'specially since you gotta shit up TWGCCF doing it.

I figure it like this, if you're gonna post some ubershite, then I am gonna be sure that I declare that it surely ain't Shinola.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
Brian R said:

Lookahere, Tex, I know you are looking for some cowpokes to take on your little entrepreneurial venture up brokeback mountain, but I gotta tell ya, I don't want anything to do with your little venture nor to any semblance thereof, 'specially since you gotta shit up TWGCCF doing it.

I figure it like this, if you're gonna post some ubershite, then I am gonna be sure that I declare that it surely ain't Shinola.

I think it's embedded in your brain Jeckle. I've not said anything about my new venture... You keep bringing it up.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
I think it's embedded in your brain Jeckle. I've not said anything about my new venture... You keep bringing it up.

No, Brian, YOU brought it up by bringing my name into this, I knew what you were referring to you YOUR post.

Are you such a dullard or just a liar?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Connor said:
Brian R said:

Nobody.
And I mean NOBODY!
Can pack as many insults, double entenders, meant and unmeant insults all into one sentence as Connor does. The man has got a following here. I'm hooked.
Actually, if you ask me, the man is a grammatical genius :p

Take advantage of these verbal events (Gymnastics if you will) Brian and learn from the master. Who knows, it may improve your next mlm's success chances.

By all means, Brian, stop twitting you.........and study his syntax carefully.
You've yet a lot to learn from the master, young one.

Connor

Name
Connor
Ofer Kolton said:
Connor said:
[quote="Brian R":eejqqrlr]Being able to explain it simply...Doesn't mean they'll understand.

Nobody.
And I mean NOBODY!
Can pack as many insults, double entenders, meant and unmeant insults all into one sentence as Connor does. The man has got a following here. I'm hooked.
Actually, if you ask me, the man is a grammatical genius :p

Take advantage of these verbal events (Gymnastics if you will) Brian and learn from the master. Who knows, it may improve your next mlm's success chances.

By all means, Brian, stop twitting you.........and study his syntax carefully.
You've yet a lot to learn from the master, young one.[/quote:eejqqrlr]

Thanks, Ofer, I tell ya, man, you're OK in my book. shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ofer, you're just all giddy for the Harper wannabe.

What would they have to bitch and moan about if it twrent for I? !gotcha!

Oh, and Mr. ConnOr..... I brought your name into this because you're a running dumbass. :mrgreen:

No more, no less.

Connor

Name
Connor
Jealous much?

Awww, poor Brian is all butthurt.

You can call me a running dumbass if you need to, Brian, but only if you need to. I am sure that when you look into the mirror in the morning and do your self talk routine about how you're "good enough and smart enough and how people like you...", that there's a little debil on your shoulder that looks like me telling you all the scary things that are out there, like integrity and an honest living, I understand, bro, you have your own demons to face. :mrgreen:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Brian, gotta know your limitations. Never get into an insult battle with Masters like Connor or Harpman. Do your thing, sell your shit but don't over reach beyond you capabilities man. I've lost too many of them myself over the years so seeing you do insult battle is like watching myself crash and burn in them.

Ken

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
Jealous much?

Awww, poor Brian is all butthurt.

You can call me a running dumbass if you need to, Brian, but only if you need to. I am sure that when you look into the mirror in the morning and do your self talk routine about how you're "good enough and smart enough and how people like you...", that there's a little debil on your shoulder that looks like me telling you all the scary things that are out there, like integrity and an honest living, I understand, bro, you have your own demons to face. :mrgreen:

Projecting?

At least I can look in the mirror.

Ken, I know. I have a little fun but I don't pretend to live up to the amount of insulting and quality of it from those 2 yahoos. I just don't practice or care enough to keep up.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Way to derail this thread girls.....

Connor and Brian are now the new Donald and Crowley?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Zee said:
Way to derail this tread girls.....

Connor and Brian are now the new Donald and Crowley?
OK Zee, I stand corrected. You got a point.

Here is what I do: Once I'm done with the pre-inspection. Assuming that there is a lot wrong with the carpet. I write it all in detail in non insulting, appropriate language (see Bryan O'Haleck for detail.)

And at the end I add: "Please do not expect a miracle!!!"

Usually, people smile, yet they do get the point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom