Converting passenger vans to carpet vans

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Looking at some backup vans - found some killer deals on 15 passenger extended Fords and Chevy's.

Looks like on the driver side wall under windows there is some trim with maybe some ac/heat controls behind it......

Anyone give me some whats behind the panels info?

If I do it I'm stripping the entire interiors out - just don't want to get hung up on ac lines etc.

Thx!

Name
I'm Rick James
Looking at some backup vans - found some killer deals on 15 passenger extended Fords and Chevy's.

Looks like on the driver side wall under windows there is some trim with maybe some ac/heat controls behind it......

Anyone give me some whats behind the panels info?

If I do it I'm stripping the entire interiors out - just don't want to get hung up on ac lines etc.

Thx!

My back up is a ford passenger van. I personally like the windows, I regret buying the standard work van style.

You should just leave it in there.. it will help insulate your van during the winter and dampen the noise. When I first got that van, I was going to do the same thing.. but decided against it. The drivers side interior paneling running the length of the van does have wires and AC tubes behind it.. meaning you might have to tear all that out if that is what you wanna do. lots of work and might cause issues.

Reactions: SMRBAP

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
As Brent said.
I had the fresh water tank installed on the passanger side for a better fit.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Man a church van is killer........
the windows even pop out to stay cool in the summer and they are heavy duty ...big time......
i used one for years

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
You can remove all that stuff but you will have to modifiy you ac system and have it recharged. Removing the heating is simple because that just entails plugging the lines that go back there. Not all vans have rear heat and air though.

As a benefit I think most vans like that have seen an easy life. compared to most service trucks that are driven very hard and loaded to the brim.

Buck1955

Name
John
I wouldn't strip the interior of anything but the carpet and seats. You may have to rig some brackets for the tank but that should be it. Advantage put my Butler in a 15 passenger van, it was the best van I've had. Comfy captains chairs, rear air and heat and all the bells and whistles.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom