Corner Guards......

nickreal

How many do you keep on your truck? and

How many do you use on the average job?

Just curious.......

KBRENNY

always keep 3 on the truck, use them on about half the jobs I do, usually use at least 2 if I am using them possibly 3.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Here's a tip:

If you opt for the white colored ones, buy a couple extra... you WILL leave them on jobs accidentally.

Or instead, buy the yellow or orange variety, so you won't miss them when you leave.

G

Our techs always leave them at customers houses! So all we carry on the truck is some white out just in case they scratch the corners of walls. (which is NOT often) .

TimP

I have 4 orange ones, however I find them useless therefore I don't use them. I don't drag my hoses around corners and I tried using them that way (dragging around corners) and they definitely don't stay. I may use them when someone seems picky just for the show.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I have 4. I use orange for visibility. The customer doesn't miss them and will often comment on them. Even if you don't need them, they put on a good show for very little effort.

Loren

TimP

I have a vac, rake, corner guards.

Out of the 3 I use the vac all the time. The other two about the same....hardly ever. Rake only when putting down protector.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have a few on the truck and a bunch in the garage, I don't use any of them
I use old cotton/gladiator pads wrapped around the hoses

Name
steve snail
Honestly you can have a brand new rig and machine sparkling clean out in the drive, and you will get more comments on how "neat" the corner guards are. It's in the details.

John Watson

2 on the truck 4 in the shop and 3 still in the trunk from Mikeyfest08. Guess I better have Helen start using them..

nickreal

I have 4 on the truck and wish I had at least six on a service call today. Would you use them on furniture when its placed near a corner where it could be vulnerable to the hose?

John Watson

Only if your dumb enough to keep pulling the hose and you know the furniture is there. Helen and I never have marked a corner or corner post to our knowledge not using them.

I believe single manned trucks would need them more than 2 man crews working together.

We are going to start using them just for the Hoopala it creates and just continue to be different that the other guys..More horse and pony show....

Greenie

I am convinced, if we were still cleaning I would put promotional messages on the guards "ask about ScotchGard", We clean Tile, etc...

Then I might have actually kept them clean.

ps: we had at least 5 if not 6, it's mostly show, but important.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I quit using corner guards because they never seem to stay in place and don't work well in a stairway corner, they seem like a total waste of money to me

Name
steve snail
Steve F.said

they seem like a total waste of money to me

Steve, Go buy 6 and start using them according to Greenie @ i think you will find they are some of the absolutely biggest bang for the buck.

Name
steve snail
6 is what it takes to safely clean the double wides here. Those California mansions may need one or two more.

Becker

Name
Becker
look at all the replies.. Funny how a simply question is jumped on so hard.

1st of all I d never seen a colored corner guard transfer color tot he wall.

I have 5 on the the van.

I use 2 on avg on a job.. good hose management.

Today I used all 5 and then a couple of drop cloths.

Funky house...

Built on the side of a hill.
Enter on top floor of a 3 story house.

House was real funky, but my guess it is worth into the 2 million range because of it's view.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have 8 on board plus 3 of the new bulkhead/wall protectors. The corner guards never stay put, so there only for show. The bulkhead protectors work great.
Marketing on them is a brillant idea. They do get noticed by the client.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom