Corona virus impact on business

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Many Homeless just don't want to be responsible and work.
My friend who is a manager for UPS-told me they hire ex-cons and homeless people to do the sorting; which pays very well with benefits.
They get overtime after 5 hours!
He has a turnover rate of over 85%! :eekk: :dejection:
Many homeless people aren't capabale of working a full time job. You can't take someone who is maybe a drug addict or have a mental illness off the street and put him or her in a job and expect results. If they are capable at all, they usually need a transition period involving medical help.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care
Name
Jeff T
It’s that easy to make taco seasoning...
I totally agree Fred..... people are just lazy, and want something easy.... even though it tastes like chemicals, they don’t know any better....
It’s the same people that buy boxed mashed potatoes....View attachment 97629
I always make up a GIANT batch (make the recipe X 10-20), put it in a mason jar with a tight fitting lid.
Next time you want tacos, it’s ready to go.....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Many homeless people aren't capabale of working a full time job. You can't take someone who is maybe a drug addict or have a mental illness off the street and put him or her in a job and expect results. If they are capable at all, they usually need a transition period involving medical help.

Ill clarify-- they are refferred to him by a transitional team or organization.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
That news from Stanley sounds interesting. But can a true disinfectant claim be substantiated for carpet and upholstery? Everything I know about disinfecting a soft/porous surface would indicate that it's impossible to arrive at complete disinfection. Lowering the microbe count may be achieved, but total disinfection would be impossible.
It is possible, but the procedure to disinfect textiles requires disinfectant, hot water cleaning, and high heat drying. Unless Stanley is maintaining at least 100 degrees at the carpet while drying they can't claim disinfection.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Be safe @sOOper hero 😳
[/QUOTE]

thanks John .
It's everywhere else too.

I'm inclined to believe there is no way to contain it and most all of us will be exposed to it sooner or later regardless .

can't and won't live in a bubble til a vaccine is developed.
(and never felt to compelled to get a flu shot anyway)
so if I get sick (very rare for me) I'll either get better or die

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Another thing to watch out for is money, coins and paper currency. Send it to me and I'll clean it up for you.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
4 total cases in Florida. We have Spring Break going now. Lots of College age people from all over the Country. Our airports are packed with Snow Birds and Spring Breakers. Seems impossible to isolate yourself enough.
Think what ever is going to happen is going to happen and America will have very clean hands when it does.
I have nothing scheduled next week...that will change though.

Mikey P

Administrator
Headed into Trader Joe's today I saw my neighbors coming out empty handed..
All pissed off they said "don't bother, the shelves are empty"...

Everything we normally buy was in stock except for eggs by the dozen.

Meatheads....I tell ya....

IMG_20200315_131910.jpgIMG_20200315_131917.jpg
IMG_20200315_131910.jpg
IMG_20200315_131917.jpg

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
Fred, Fred, Fred...

This is no time to be spreading lies...

Based on the evidence, AAP FactCheck found the Facebook post to be incorrectly linking the supermarket shelf image to the 2019/20 COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. The image of a supermarket shelf full of vegan foods while the shelves either side remain empty has nothing to do with the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. It was originally taken in 2017 in the United States when Hurricane Harvey hit the southern state of Texas.

FredC

Village Idiot
Fred, Fred, Fred...

This is no time to be spreading lies...

Based on the evidence, AAP FactCheck found the Facebook post to be incorrectly linking the supermarket shelf image to the 2019/20 COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. The image of a supermarket shelf full of vegan foods while the shelves either side remain empty has nothing to do with the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. It was originally taken in 2017 in the United States when Hurricane Harvey hit the southern state of Texas.
quote my post...I noted it was from Harvey

and is it really a lie if you basically just posted a similar experience or that it was during an emergency that this did in fact happen?

Reactions: Mikey P

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
CA governor has requested all bars and night clubs to close and asked the restaurant to reduce capacity to 50%

Stock market futures at Limit down after fed cut interest rates to 0-.25% :eekk:

Chris A

Name
Chris
All bars and restaurants ordered to close here at 9pm. Daycare closure order "coming soon". Churches and schools have been closed since Thursday. I'm beginning to think I'm ******

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
That news from Stanley sounds interesting. But can a true disinfectant claim be substantiated for carpet and upholstery? Everything I know about disinfecting a soft/porous surface would indicate that it's impossible to arrive at complete disinfection. Lowering the microbe count may be achieved, but total disinfection would be impossible.

That was quoted from an email sent to all locations, nationally.... It clearly stated that the product was only EPA registered for hard non porous surfaces. Though it may not be capable of completely disinfecting soft surfaces like carpet and upholstery it will be more effective at killing viruses, etc... than our standard pre-sprays. They also followed that email stating they would be sending a follow up email on Monday with exact perimeters on what statements can and cannot be made about our efficacy in killing viruses, disinfecting, etc....

Chris A

Name
Chris
That was quoted from an email sent to all locations, nationally.... It clearly stated that the product was only EPA registered for hard non porous surfaces. Though it may not be capable of completely disinfecting soft surfaces like carpet and upholstery it will be more effective at killing viruses, etc... than our standard pre-sprays. They also followed that email stating they would be sending a follow up email on Monday with exact perimeters on what statements can and cannot be made about our efficacy in killing viruses, disinfecting, etc....

CJ how has business held up for you guys in the last few weeks?

Back
Top Bottom