Costco/ Elavon and CC Processing

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Anyone using Costco/ Elavon for CC processing.

I'm a executive member, and seems good on paper(contract), and what they have promised(email)
The issue is really how the contact is interpreted.

I already know 90% card I take are reward type cards(visa, mc)

they are giving me a 1.99 rate for phone orders(moto) including rewards cards and mid qualify
basically everything except commercial(2.65) and international(3.35) non-qualify

I have an email where I showed him a current statement(Elavon), and he replied all the nonqualify on the statement would be at 1.99, as long as it was not international or commercial card

Now, another competitor, said basically he is lying, and all reward(not qualifying) will be charged at the higher 3.35 rate.

I guess there is a term "Bucketing" where different merchants charge different rates at different categories

I know they had bad reviews in past, as well as had a 2 year contract before, which is why I passed on them 4 years ago.

Anyone have recent experiences?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Bad.

I love Costco. I dropped them last year after they were going to make me pay another monthly fee to use new software since they discontinued the one I was on.

Square has served me well. The minor increase in fee has been minimal. You will still pay $20 per month if none used.

Their charges vary based on the card. You will never know until you get your statement. I got sick of that.

I would not go back.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Problem with square = big tickets
My average trans is 800$-1500
High 3-5k
From what I know, there more for smaller, less frequent trans
They like to hold back larger volume

They have more than there share of online complaints

So Bryan, software , you used them online to process. Not a terminal?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
not to say they still dont have there issues...i mean everyone does from time to time....

and i kinda get the slightly lower % with the other companies....

as far as the hold back....from what i have heard, that is once maybe twice just to verify your company...or if you call you can get that lifted...just an added layer of fraud protection.....

for me...when i go back and read your post......all that mumboo jumb from them gives me a headache :lol:

but if its easy enough for you....

I was leary of square as well when it 1st came onto the scene....now i look back....and its been great....for me...

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
So Bryan, software , you used them online to process. Not a terminal?

Sorry for the delay. I had a program on the computer to run it, then sync'd with QB. No terminal. I just got p'd off about the charges. I run about about 5K / mth. But avg about $500. You have a point on the larger amounts.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have Elavon from Costco. 1.99% and about 2.5% for non qualified. I still can't figure out what constitutes non qualified but it's not too bad. We do pay a bit for the online program not sure how much though.

Back
Top Bottom