Cotton Blend Braided Chenille Area Rug

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
These seem to be very popular. I just picked one up to clean yesterday and am wondering if there is any more effective way of cleaning them than the encap method I have had some success with in the past. HWE seems problematic regardless of the chemicals used. I am thinking about trying the host system with my CRB but I am worried the granules would be hard to vacuum out.

0450_240f_V.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We would just HWE it. If it was small we would do it with an upholstery tool. I wouldn't use the dry compounds on that one, you'll have that chit falling out of it for years.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have tried HWE with these. There is just to many wicking Issues. Then again ,maybe If I had a Trailer mounted TES units to seed dry with it might be another story :lol: . I have cleaned the type of rug as large as 24' long.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:?:

Never had a problem with them.

Is it really soiled? Maybe you're trying to do too much at one cleaning. You could always clean one side dry it on that side then the next day flip her over and hit it on that side.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Really? Maybe I’ll try HWE on just one side at a time. Are you sure your thinking of the samething (Chenille, not the standard braided rugs)?

Ron K

We wash them all the time and had one brown out once, had to wash it again was probably cleaned on location one to many times but after the second wash was looking really nice. No problems just have to really rinse them with water well, braided rugs have a lot of surface area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom