Cotton Chennille fabrics

Mikey P

Administrator
cleaned a boat load of it today shiteatinggrin :oops: :| :!:

Not soiled accept for the "smudge" marks left by the house keeping staff's attempts to spot clean.

Always a texture change with this stuff, 100% or blended. Takes forever to dry, looks "pooled" from the uneven wetness and I can't find a way to groom out the tool marks all the way.

I've never had a call back on it but damn does it looks like crap when I leave.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
chennille is very popular here. we only clean it one direction and towel or brush it when we are done. we always give any bad spots a little horse hair agitation.

gene

Mikey P said:
cleaned a boat load of it today shiteatinggrin :oops: :| :!:

Not soiled accept for the "smudge" marks left by the house keeping staff's attempts to spot clean.

Always a texture change with this stuff, 100% or blended. Takes forever to dry, looks "pooled" from the uneven wetness and I can't find a way to groom out the tool marks all the way.

I've never had a call back on it but damn does it looks like crap when I leave.

I had a lady threaten to sue me for in her words ruining her sofas. Yes I did clean them and did a great job, but the fabric dried with wand stripe marks. It was a learning experience for me and no she didn't get a dime back or sue me. She settled down and called back 6 months later. I did an 1100 dollar carpet and hard surface job for her. I don't see a lot of it here for some reason. It definitely needs to be groomed out.

Mikey P

Administrator
other than dry cleaning, which does not do squat, I wonder if there is a way to use an uph tool and water with out leaving a trace

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What is the prior condition of the fabric Mike?

Once they are distorted by use, they can be tough to restore. I find that the following tools limit cleaning related distortion:

Upholstery Pro
Kleenrite
HydroKinetic Tool
Prochem Tool with Glide

Even though its better to restore texture in plant, a hand steamer can work wonders even on location Mike.

Other than that, the most important part of dealing with delicate textures that have been abused is to make it clear up front that you can't fix things that are already damaged, and that you cannot remove deeply imbedded soil from such fabrics without possibly causing more damage.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The “Chennille” Braded area rugs I have seen often times are a rayon blend. :x

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
You need a better dry cleaning solution. Also if you use a drapery tool with a
screen, turn the vac down and brush you will not leave any marks.
Luis

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Soak the area with dry cleaner and then steam. It will get them out.
You can also use OMS as long as the fabric is not held together with latex.
Some on this board will remember when we would soak true Haitian cottons with
fabric protector prior to steam cleaning so we would not brown them, same
principle. The fabric can only absorb a certain amount of liquid. You will flush
the dirt or in your case yu yu juice out.
Luis

S

sam miller

You guys a nutz! Iseeru Nothing worse then fugly upholstery with man juice! !dork!

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I will log back in tonight and leave my 24.5 cent response on finished cotton, seen a bunch lately

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
382774.jpg

Are you cleaning as much as you can with the grain? or Is the difficulty due to crossing the grain with your tool?

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
think I've done 5 or 6 pieces (mostly non reclining easy chairs) with this finished cotton material misting with an acidic rinse and then a neutral prespray on the arms and cushion top. Cracked my vac connectors to kill the vacuum and extracted. A white terry towel helped with the tool marks but all pieces lost the shine when dried.

Tried some Chemspec dry solution last year on some dining chairs in the ladies garage. Misted three in a row and agitated with horse hair. The shine was sorta there after drying and they looked better but not like the pieces I extract with normal chems. If I had to do large pieces with dry solution my budget cuties couldn't afford it and I would be there forever. Hurray for lazyboy and other synthetics.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom