Craziest stain removal technique from your clients.

Mike Draper

share your stories. what are some of the craziest things you've seen or heard of from your clients on how to removes stains? what are of the things they have told you about?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
As I have mentioned before.

Douche on pet stains.

One lady bought a case to use on her carpets.

The bad part was she also covered the spot with newspaper and the comics bled onto her white carpet.

It was a tip from a women's magazine.

Douche must of been a advertiser.

About like product recommendations from ***.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Listerine mouthwash to remove pet urine odor from carpet.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Dave are you sure her "douche on pet stains" idea wasn't what she decided to do AFTER her home spotting techniques didn't work?

glenboy

Name
GLEN
customer dumped baking powder -arm- hammer all over the piss spots and said she was absorbing the odor

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
glenboy said:
customer dumped baking powder -arm- hammer all over the piss spots and said she was absorbing the odor

I hate it when the powder is so thick and hard from the urine that you can't even see the carpet underneath.

Reminded me of carpet fresh that likes to come back after drying.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I can't remember what the stain was but the house keeper insisted on trying vodka. It didn't work. I think she was telling the home owner that she used vodka on spots but she was really drinking it.

S

sam miller

I'll tell people to use baking soda on diarhia let it dry then scrap as opposed to using thier home steamer and sinking it into the pad.

The powder cleans pretty easy if your truckmount isnt a timbucktoo.

I like the visine comment priceless. everyone's seen bleach stains also windex can leave a blue stain.

I think a lady one time poured straight pinesol on carpet after a toilet overflow. Stripped the color right out of the carpet.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I had a customer tell me that she used Comet cleanser and a broom to clean her carpet. Low income apartment and the carpet was beyond saving.

Of course we have all seen people use laundry prespray on their carpet!! I had one that left a nice squiggley "oil" line all the way down a hallway!!

Another customer "heard" you could use bleach in her light gray nylon carpet. It looked fine when she went to bed that night, the next morning she had huge yellow stains on her carpet where the bleach tuned the nylon yellow!!

John Buxton

Actually the douche sounds like a good idea. Its vinegar with an odor reducer, probably works best on fish piss.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Years ago got a call from a carpet store to check into a spot issue on some carpet he sold. Went to the home and it was a berber, olefin nylon blend. The problem was all the color was missing in a spot from just the nylon, don't remember what she said the spot was the tried to clean. She swore all she used was white vinegar, and she wanted her carpet replaced. I told her before the mill would replace anything they would send a certified inspector out to look at it and that in a case of color loss such as hers the first thing he would do is test for the presence of chlorine bleach, if no dye altering chems were found and it was determined to be a flaw in the carpet they would probably replace it. Retailer said he never heard another word from her after my visit. Classic example of a person wanting to place the responsibility of their negligence on someone else.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
can't believe someone did not say "Simple Green"! :shock: also had a lady try to do a bonded insert on a berber carpet for a pop stain. :roll:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Oxyclean and Spot Shot can be nasty

watched the guys doing a demo at Costco for Spot Shot. On a piece of olefin berber they wrote an S with marker, then proceeded to spray it with the Spot SHot, dabbed it with a cloth and low and behold the spot was gone.
I went over to the demonstrator after everyone had left and asked if I could show her something. I flipped over the carpet piece and there was the "S", driven to the back of the carpet.

Seen Pink Solution demo'd a lot too. All natural, supposedly "safe".

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Actually vodka is a mild solvent and will work on some oily stains and inks, just like rubbing alcohol does.

Take care,
lisa

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I know someone who swears by fantastic...like for everything !! If it doesnt come outwith it its not coming out...hahaha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom